300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MuscleShark View Post
    I got the call today from the background investigator whose going to meet with me on Monday at my current job to conduct the investigation. The investigator told me that the whole process should take about 5 hours. I'm glad I work for the Fed already and that they're used to these types of things because I could see another employer going crazy after letting someone interview you based on future employment at your current work place.

I just met with my Investigator on Friday and we met for about 4 hours. Did you take your Med, Fitness, VBT and SI yet?
    CBPO:
    Geo: Atlanta, GA
    Written: 10/2010
    NOR: 01/25/11
    TO: 05/25/11
    Fitness: 07/01/11
    Medical: 07/12/2011
    Met with BI: 06/28/11
    SI: 07/21/11
    Met with Inv. for BI: 07/22/11

Comment

• Originally posted by SFdude View Post
      Hi no connection to above post but since I am 36 years and got my passing NOR on 1/25/11 I've been wondering about the age limit which the CBP site says "must be referred for selection by the age of 37 years old." My eligibility expires 1/3/12. Does passing the written mean selection??

I assume not, so since SFO is my GEO and not hiring for years it seems, should I change my GEO to San Bernadino, Ca so I can get the process going since I'm running against time and age(37 next may)?? Oh yeah, I"m not ex military so no waiver for me. Any advice would be great.

Tested: 12/10/10
      NOR: Passed 1/12/11
      You need to have been hired by your 37th Birthday, not be in the process, but have been sworn in, or have a solid EOD. As you must have 20 years of service before you turn 57. If you are in another covered position (BOP for example) every year of service can be subtracted from your age. I would suggest next time you get a e-mail asking if you want to change to a different location.....do it. SWB is right now your best bet.
      Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• Originally posted by SFdude View Post
        Hi no connection to above post but since I am 36 years and got my passing NOR on 1/25/11 I've been wondering about the age limit which the CBP site says "must be referred for selection by the age of 37 years old." My eligibility expires 1/3/12. Does passing the written mean selection??
        As long as you receive your TO before your 37th birthday you are fine. I had to make several phone calls to make sure this was accurate because I am pushing 38. The one thing you cannot do is apply again on a new announcement once you have turned 37. Hang in there "old" dude!!

Comment

• Originally posted by jayeperry View Post
          I just met with my Investigator on Friday and we met for about 4 hours. Did you take your Med, Fitness, VBT and SI yet?
          I've taken my medical and fitness, i did that last week and haven't even received a check mark for that yet in cass. I was surprised that I got the call from her so quick. Judging from everyone else who has been in the process for a while, it seems like the beginning stages happen pretty quick and then you just sit and wait to get called up...
          YOU'VE GOT THE MAGIC EYE, HOYT!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MuscleShark View Post
            I've taken my medical and fitness, i did that last week and haven't even received a check mark for that yet in cass. I was surprised that I got the call from her so quick. Judging from everyone else who has been in the process for a while, it seems like the beginning stages happen pretty quick and then you just sit and wait to get called up...
            From TO to clear, I got everything done within 5 months. My med, fit, drug, Vbt was done within 2 month period. First BI cleared within 3 months. I was all hyped up just like you guys, but the call never came through. Now that I'm all cleared up again, there's no movements. So my advice to you guys, don't keep your hopes up too high. Apply for other positions while you're waiting. Keep doing what you're doing. School, work, vacations etc.
            TSU - 8/28/09
            TO - 3/2009
            On the job

Comment

• I received this email on Friday: The attached Probationary Period Agreement form is missing from your CBPO tentative selection file. Please return the completed and signed form either by email to [email protected] or fax to (952) 806-0844 ATTN: OFO-EL.

Did anyone receive this? I have my polygraph on 8/3. I applied to the San Diego sector.

Comment

• ee78,
                This document should be one of the pages from the CBPO e-TSL1 Attachment which was emailed to you. It's a one page document which requires your signature, date, printed name, last 4 social security number and applicant id#.

Originally posted by ee78 View Post
                I received this email on Friday: The attached Probationary Period Agreement form is missing from your CBPO tentative selection file. Please return the completed and signed form either by email to [email protected] or fax to (952) 806-0844 ATTN: OFO-EL.

Did anyone receive this? I have my polygraph on 8/3. I applied to the San Diego sector.

Comment

• Off to FLETC today... Hope I get the Taj! It would really suck to get the the other rooms.
                  Pre-academy goes by quick, and you get to learn so much about what the job entails, and as has been posted here many times by seasoned CBPO's... You make of it what you put into it. For all you who have been waiting long and those just starting out, it's worth the wait! Then again this is just my opinion, others might feel differently about the job, but so far I have liked what I've seen. I'm looking forward to graduating and coming back to work as a CBPO!...

Best of Luck to all of you!
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Ok guys I have to do my fitness & medical test today, I'm super nervous.
                    CBPO
                    Test: 12/10

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

"If at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again." — Aaliyah

Comment

• Originally posted by icecoco View Post
                      Ok guys I have to do my fitness & medical test today, I'm super nervous.
                      Good morning icecoco!
                      We are on the same "boat", Stay focused & good Luck today !
                      CBP
                      WrittenTest: 12/2010
                      NOR: 1/25/11
                      T.O. 6/21/11
                      Med & PFT1 7/25/11
                      VBT/Interview: 8/10/11[/B][/B]

ISO
                      Written Test 8/22/11

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        Off to FLETC today... Hope I get the Taj! It would really suck to get the the other rooms.
                        Pre-academy goes by quick, and you get to learn so much about what the job entails, and as has been posted here many times by seasoned CBPO's... You make of it what you put into it. For all you who have been waiting long and those just starting out, it's worth the wait! Then again this is just my opinion, others might feel differently about the job, but so far I have liked what I've seen. I'm looking forward to graduating and coming back to work as a CBPO!...

Good luck see you next week. Anyhow have fun hope you have your bug spray
                        Last edited by friscoplayrsf; 07-25-2011, 09:56 AM.

Comment

• I was in the field on military orders for a few weeks and did not have very good cell phone reception. I got a call from an investigator and the number was an area code of 202. Did any one else here receive such call recently with such area code? They did not specify that they were with CBP, just that it was for me in reference for a security background investigation. I tried calling the man back several times, only to reach his voicemail and now the standard "the person you are trying to reach is unavailable at this time" message. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                            Off to FLETC today... Hope I get the Taj! It would really suck to get the the other rooms.

Goodluck yoda! I am sure you will do great. Dont forget about us on here and keep us posted
                            CBPO
                            Test- 12/9/10
                            NOR- 1/07/11
                            T.O.- 4/1/11
                            Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
                            Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
                            Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
                            Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
                            Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
                            Pft2- ?
                            Eod- ?

Comment

• Tomorrow Is my VBT. Hopefully I do great!
                              CBPO
                              Test- 12/9/10
                              NOR- 1/07/11
                              T.O.- 4/1/11
                              Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
                              Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
                              Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
                              Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
                              Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
                              Pft2- ?
                              Eod- ?

Comment

• Originally posted by gcangelstar View Post
                                Tomorrow Is my VBT. Hopefully I do great!
                                Good Luck you will do great!
                                CBPO
                                Test: 12/10

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

"If at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again." — Aaliyah

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3215 users online. 223 members and 2992 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X