Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by esme View Post
    Hi lexis,
    How were you notified about your VBT/SI? a call and letter in the mail? CASS changed for me last week to
    "interview has been scheduled" however I don't know the "scheduled date"?
    Hi Esme! I received a phone call they first tried my home # and then my cell. You should inquire with MHC and see what's going on. Good luck with all!!
    CBP
    WrittenTest: 12/2010
    NOR: 1/25/11
    T.O. 6/21/11
    Med & PFT1 7/25/11
    VBT/Interview: 8/10/11[/B][/B]

ISO
    Written Test 8/22/11

Comment

• Originally posted by LEXIS View Post
      Hi Esme! I received a phone call they first tried my home # and then my cell. You should inquire with MHC and see what's going on. Good luck with all!!
      Thanks for the advice...I am freakin out now, I hope I didn't missed my "scheduled date" no calls to my home or cell as of yet... I will email them asap!

Comment

• Originally posted by MuscleShark View Post
        No, I didn't. The investigator just told me "we'll do it at your job" she knows her way around the building already, I'm sure she's done quite a few background investigations there. She told me it would take about 5 hours all together, I actually like the idea that we're doing it at my job because I don't have to take leave and she can check a lot of my references while she's there.
        Sounds great! I hope the same for me!

Comment

• Any one know if it a problem to have multiple applications with dhs I at oral boars for 5 different Tson positions with Tsa I just took my cbpo test and have test for immigration on the 23 of August.
          cbpo
          test 7-12-11
          nor 8-31-2011 score 86 swb

iso
          test 8-23-11

bpa
          test 9-6-2011
          nor 9-28-2011 score 90
          geo ca

sps
          geo Houston Texas
          nor 8-1-2011 score 92

FBI evidence tech
          application received 8-15-2011

Tsa
          cbt passed 10-12-2009
          c/o 8-2-2010
          credit check 10-1-2010
          e86 turned in 8-6-2010
          airport assessment waiting for call

Comment

• So I just took my VBT/SI yesterday. And im not really confident about my video test, and the SI went really great.. was wondering if any of you have failed the VBT and would comment if they had a chance to redo it or you got to start from the beginning... thanks

Comment

• so i failed the pft1, i know, FAIL, lol
              but i got the fail letter and it was dated july 19, and they said i can reapply for any future openings.
              so i jumped online and reapplyd right then and there(their taking apps on usajobs.gov btw)
              so i applyd and it said that my wriiten test score was still valid(1 yr) and that i didnt hav to take the test agian and
              that i would get a notice of results in 2ish weeks.
              my question is : will the steps that i have completed so far(paperwork,BI,VBT) transfer over to the new TO i will eventually recieve or will i have to start from scratch agian?

GEO : SWB
              CBPO:
              Exam: 12/10
              NOR: 2/11 PASS GS-5/7 (77)
              TO: 5/25/11 Laredo, TX
              TSP 1/2 SENT: 6/6/11
              PFT: 6/28/11
              VBT: 7/22/11
              FAIL PFT 1 NOTICE: 7/22/11
              REAPPLED: 7/22/11 SWB Region
              PASS VBT NOTICE: Mid 8/12
              NOR: 8/29/11 PASS GS-5/7 (77)
              Waiting on new TO

Comment

• Hi no connection to above post but since I am 36 years and got my passing NOR on 1/25/11 I've been wondering about the age limit which the CBP site says "must be referred for selection by the age of 37 years old." My eligibility expires 1/3/12. Does passing the written mean selection??

I assume not, so since SFO is my GEO and not hiring for years it seems, should I change my GEO to San Bernadino, Ca so I can get the process going since I'm running against time and age(37 next may)?? Oh yeah, I"m not ex military so no waiver for me. Any advice would be great.

Tested: 12/10/10
                NOR: Passed 1/12/11
                CBP exam in SD 12/15/10
                NOR passed 1/25/11
                Changed GEO to SWB 6/25/11
                Fingerprint cards 11/12/11
                PFT1 12/15/11
                VBT/SI 1/26/12
                VBT/SI result eligible 1/31/12
                LASIK surgery 1/31/12
                Met BI investigator 3/13/12
                Qualifications cleared 5/11/12
                Drug test 7/18/12

Comment

• Originally posted by GUILE View Post
                  Just out of curiosity is anyone else in here in the process for Laredo, TX? I feel so alone
                  However, I did also apply to the Southeast annoucement so if by some miracle I get a TO for that my Laredo destination will change although I'm not holding my breath on that one!
                  Hey Guile. I am in the process for Laredo too. You are not alone. I tested in Dec/10. Moreover, I also recently applied for the Southeast because I am afraid that the new geo change may affect us. I have no problem going to Laredo but I would never go to Roma i.e.

Comment

• Originally posted by sacfireinvest View Post
                    Any one know if it a problem to have multiple applications with dhs I at oral boars for 5 different Tson positions with Tsa I just took my cbpo test and have test for immigration on the 23 of August.
                    No one will care if you applied for multiple positions, if that is what you are referring to.
                    CBPO
                    TO - 05/08 JFK
                    EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by specrtunedgsr View Post
                      So I just took my VBT/SI yesterday. And im not really confident about my video test, and the SI went really great.. was wondering if any of you have failed the VBT and would comment if they had a chance to redo it or you got to start from the beginning... thanks
                      Yeah I know it's a little weird but you should be fine. I do known person who failed the VBT, he was dropped from the whole process.
                      CBPO
                      TO - 05/08 JFK
                      EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by SFdude View Post
                        Hi no connection to above post but since I am 36 years and got my passing NOR on 1/25/11 I've been wondering about the age limit which the CBP site says "must be referred for selection by the age of 37 years old." My eligibility expires 1/3/12. Does passing the written mean selection??

I assume not, so since SFO is my GEO and not hiring for years it seems, should I change my GEO to San Bernadino, Ca so I can get the process going since I'm running against time and age(37 next may)?? Oh yeah, I"m not ex military so no waiver for me. Any advice would be great.

Tested: 12/10/10
                        NOR: Passed 1/12/11
                        Changing your geo to San bernadino will not help you. All of the newer testers have there geos changed to general sectors like North west, south west..., if I were you I would immediately change my GEO to the SWB and pray your background clears quickly and you get an EOD prior to your next birthday. Or look into some other cover positions that hire quicker like BOP, if you meet the qualifications.
                        CBPO
                        TO - 05/08 JFK
                        EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• hey Coastie, how is BOP going?

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                            hey Coastie, how is BOP going?
                            It's going very good, I recommend applying to the BOP for all those who are waiting. I know every institution can be different but I am having a good experience here.
                            CBPO
                            TO - 05/08 JFK
                            EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Anyone on this forum that is in the academy or just graduated and can give us a detailed description of the experience without disclosing any classified information?
                              CBPO:
                              Geo: Atlanta, GA
                              Written: 10/2010
                              NOR: 01/25/11
                              TO: 05/25/11
                              Fitness: 07/01/11
                              Medical: 07/12/2011
                              Met with BI: 06/28/11
                              SI: 07/21/11
                              Met with Inv. for BI: 07/22/11

Comment

• I just met with my Investigator on Friday and we met for about 4 hours. Did you take your Med, Fitness, VBT and SI yet?
                                CBPO:
                                Geo: Atlanta, GA
                                Written: 10/2010
                                NOR: 01/25/11
                                TO: 05/25/11
                                Fitness: 07/01/11
                                Medical: 07/12/2011
                                Met with BI: 06/28/11
                                SI: 07/21/11
                                Met with Inv. for BI: 07/22/11

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12084 users online. 429 members and 11655 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X