300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
    What are you having a bad day? I do have a high school diploma, are you a teacher?
    Answer to both of your questions is no! However, IF, and I do mean IF you happen to make it to FLETC, I just might be YOUR teacher!!

Comment

• Originally posted by mi562 View Post
      Sorry if I offended! It's just hard to see the agency scraping the bottom of the barrel!! It didn't used to be that way!
      Well now that we all hopefully got all that out of our systems, I believe it would probably be in the best interest of the forum to leave our complaints about other members to private messages. Thus, leaving the forum open for discussions and questions regarding hiring, FLETC, etc.

Just a thought.
      Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
      Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
      Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
        Well now that we all hopefully got all that out of our systems, I believe it would probably be in the best interest of the forum to leave our complaints about other members to private messages. Thus, leaving the forum open for discussions and questions regarding hiring, FLETC, etc.

Just a thought.
        Awwww.....where's the fun in that???

Comment

Sorry if I offended! It's just hard to see the agency scraping the bottom of the barrel!! It didn't used to be that way!
          Its a whole new world today my friend. Having a "C" avg is good enough to qualify you for president. I support education and all, but I earned a BA in political science and the best thing going for me is a gov job (which I cant wait to start, lol) that pays half of what my younger college dropout cousin is making owning a shoe store.

I guess what I want to say is a degree should not always be the determining factor of who would make the right new hire. I believe a five year veteran police officer with no college degree is much more qualified for this job than I am with no experience and just a poli sci degree.

I remember my economics professor telling the class one day that in the private industry, most employers look for a person's physical dexterity above education to find a qualified employee.

Hey and your very right DFLY123, but I just wanted to state this, lol.
          "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

• Originally posted by Orleanian84 View Post
            Its a whole new world today my friend. Having a "C" avg is good enough to qualify you for president. I support education and all, but I earned a BA in political science and the best thing going for me is a gov job (which I cant wait to start, lol) that pays half of what my younger college dropout cousin is making owning a shoe store.

I guess what I want to say is a degree should not always be the determining factor of who would make the right new hire. I believe a five year veteran police officer with no college degree is much more qualified for this job than I am with no experience and just a poli sci degree.

I remember my economics professor telling the class one day that in the private industry, most employers look for a person's physical dexterity above education to find a qualified employee.

Hey and your very right DFLY123, but I just wanted to state this, lol.
            OMG.......please excuse me, but I've got to do this..........you might want to go back to your grammar/spelling books, because the "your" you've used should be "you're!" Ok....I'm done for the night!!!!

Comment

Answer to both of your questions is no! However, IF, and I do mean IF you happen to make it to FLETC, I just might be YOUR teacher!!
              No, I don't want to learn how to be a hater, I think you're spending too much time with your dog!

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                well you wont attend training on any federal holidays. but if by chance, you have to train on the afternoon shift, you will get differential pay. This happened when i was down there. President Bush came down for a press conference on border security in the morning and we had class on the afternoon shift.
                The afternoon shift? Hehe, class is only half a day?

Comment

• mi562

Those that can, do; those that can't, teach.

Have a nice day.

Comment

• Kudos mi562...

..that was a great answer (made me laugh).

Great to see an actual teacher frequenting the board. Thanks.

Originally posted by mi562 View Post

Comment

• Anyone else testing Monday?

Comment

• So Im meeting with my background investigator tommorow at my house. Im a little nervous and I dont know what to expect. Also, how long does this first meeting usually take?

Comment

• Originally posted by cargo82 View Post
                          So Im meeting with my background investigator tommorow at my house. Im a little nervous and I dont know what to expect. Also, how long does this first meeting usually take?
                          Don't be nervous. Be professional. It's all just a review of your background packet and such. It takes 2-3 hours. Easy day.

Comment

• Does any one know if cbpos have grooming standards and rules concerning beards, gotees, and mustaches etc? Many local pds make their employees shave clean daily. Is it similar at Cbp?
                            "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

• Does the BI personally meet your references too? Or is it just a phone or mail interview?

Comment

• Originally posted by Orleanian84 View Post
                                Does any one know if cbpos have grooming standards and rules concerning beards, gotees, and mustaches etc? Many local pds make their employees shave clean daily. Is it similar at Cbp?
                                Right now no facial hair, but there is a lawsuit to allow it.
                                But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8946 users online. 294 members and 8652 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X