Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have their VBT graded/scored in Chicago? I took my VBT in Minneapolis and was told that it would be sent to Chicago. Strangely enough, I was also told it would be about two weeks before I got my results, however MHC has informed me that it will be about six weeks.

I'm getting down to the wire -- my BI is good until sometime in the end of July/beginning of August from when I was with the Border Patrol.

VBT results, and getting medically cleared are my only two hurdles and I'm going nuts.

Keeping my fingers crossed for Montana.
    "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize... HALF OF THEM ARE STUPIDER THAN THAT!"

- The Late George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by jwm0516 View Post
      Congrats to you as well. I'm not too enthused about Christmas but at least I'll be home for new years (grad Dec 30).

Well hey, there is always the holiday pay.... I assume we will get it while in FLETC. yet another question for anyone currently at FLETC, or has already attended...
      Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
      Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
      Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
        Well hey, there is always the holiday pay.... I assume we will get it while in FLETC. yet another question for anyone currently at FLETC, or has already attended...
        well you wont attend training on any federal holidays. but if by chance, you have to train on the afternoon shift, you will get differential pay. This happened when i was down there. President Bush came down for a press conference on border security in the morning and we had class on the afternoon shift.

Comment

• can someone answer this question? has anyone cleared BI without your references being contacted? is that possible?

Comment

• Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
            can someone answer this question? has anyone cleared BI without your references being contacted? is that possible?
            well you can have a "completed" bi in CASS, before it even starts. I had a girl in my FLETC class who never even started her BI yet. The investigator actually called her to set up the initial interview while we were in class. It'll be done completely but not necessarily before you get hired. pretty stupid, huh?

Comment

• another question, do anybody know any cbp officers that don`t have a college degree? because i`m trying to qualify based on work experience.

Comment

another question, do anybody know any cbp officers that don`t have a college degree? because i`m trying to qualify based on work experience.
                75% of my class, me included had no college. just make sure you word your qualification reasoning very clearly and intelligently

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                  well you can have a "completed" bi in CASS, before it even starts. I had a girl in my FLETC class who never even started her BI yet. The investigator actually called her to set up the initial interview while we were in class. It'll be done completely but not necessarily before you get hired. pretty stupid, huh?
                  thanks for the quick answer, that`s crazy right there, i`m hoping my BI gets done soon i did get a call from internal affairs asking for additional info so i`m hoping that`s a good sign

Comment

thanks for the quick answer, that`s crazy right there, i`m hoping my BI gets done soon i did get a call from internal affairs asking for additional info so i`m hoping that`s a good sign
                    if ya got nothing to hide, dont sweat it and just roll with whatever they have you do. even if something comes up (M.I.P., marijuana, credit problems, etc.) you should get a chance to respond to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                      75% of my class, me included had no college. just make sure you word your qualification reasoning very clearly and intelligently
                      again thanks for the quick answer, are you at FLETC? or are you official already? how long did your process take from the time you applied?

Comment

again thanks for the quick answer, are you at FLETC? or are you official already? how long did your process take from the time you applied?
                        Was down there in May of 07 till August 07. Had to reason for personal reasons that arose back home. But i just recently re-applied, waiting to hear something. If you got any questions just ask. I got my t.o. in December 06 and was hired by April 07.

Comment

another question, do anybody know any cbp officers that don`t have a college degree? because i`m trying to qualify based on work experience.
                          Well, it's obvious YOU do not have a degree because your writing skills have a lot to be desired! Do you even have a high school diploma?

Comment

• Originally posted by mi562 View Post
                            Well, it's obvious YOU do not have a degree because your writing skills have a lot to be desired! Do you even have a high school diploma?
                            What are you having a bad day? I do have a high school diploma, are you a teacher?

Comment

• Originally posted by mi562 View Post
                              oh that was just too cut throat
                              "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

• Originally posted by Orleanian84 View Post
                                oh that was just too cut throat
                                Sorry if I offended! It's just hard to see the agency scraping the bottom of the barrel!! It didn't used to be that way!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7266 users online. 354 members and 6912 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X