300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SDfed619 View Post
    CBPOs with atleast two years of experience (may be one year now that FCIP is no longer in effect) and those with no pending disciplinary action can apply during open announcements. You are required to have an oral interview for consideration. I'm not sure about how many FOs have SRT but the major FOs definitely have a team. I can only say that they respond to different types of national security/enforcement missions.
    I assume like most SRT units, its very competitive to get in?

Comment

• Congrats!!!. This sucks though, I put in for newark and had a high score on my NOR and nothing, looks like I have to change Geo in order to be considered or wait it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by gemini318 View Post
        I assume like most SRT units, its very competitive to get in?
        It depends on how many people in your particular FO are interested. My particular port only has one member in the SRT as there isn't much interest. I would say your chances would be pretty good. Now K-9 on the other hand is competitive!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDfed619 View Post
          It depends on how many people in your particular FO are interested. My particular port only has one member in the SRT as there isn't much interest. I would say your chances would be pretty good. Now K-9 on the other hand is competitive!
          Sounds good, thanks, appreciate the info!

Comment

• Originally posted by icecoco View Post
            Thanks Lexis same to you. BTW my PFT1 is also on 7/25/11
            Great, well I been working on my push ups for Monday!
            CBP
            WrittenTest: 12/2010
            NOR: 1/25/11
            T.O. 6/21/11
            Med & PFT1 7/25/11
            VBT/Interview: 8/10/11[/B][/B]

ISO
            Written Test 8/22/11

Comment

• The final call list for the southwest border has hit November 2010 TOs for some areas like El Paso, TX. So if you want to get hired within the next year or so...

Comment

• Hey Thoughtless, by any chance you know or heard any rumors about upcoming classes in Sept or remainder of the year?
                TSU - 8/28/09
                TO - 3/2009
                On the job

Comment

• or hiring for seattle area?

Comment

• There seems to be a class arriving every two weeks or so with the latest classes scheduled to start on 8/1 and 8/16. Any classes beyond that date is anybody's guess.

Comment

• There is one student (TO early 2008 if I remember correctly) for the Sea-Tac International Airport and another one on the way (unless he/she is already here).

Comment

• Thanks Thoughtless for the info. If you hear anything, please let us know. Im still waiting for WA/NB.. I'm all cleared for now, hopefully I'll get the call before my 3rd BI comes up.
                        TSU - 8/28/09
                        TO - 3/2009
                        On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
                          The final call list for the southwest border has hit November 2010 TOs for some areas like El Paso, TX. So if you want to get hired within the next year or so...
                          Thats great news. Thanks, Thoughtless.
                          CBPO
                          TO:04/01/11
                          EOD: 08/22/11
                          FLETC:09/07/11

Comment

• Originally posted by AirRaid View Post
                            Congrats!!!. This sucks though, I put in for newark and had a high score on my NOR and nothing, looks like I have to change Geo in order to be considered or wait it out.
                            To be honest my friend took the test back in 08(passed) for Newark, then they told him to re-take the test in 2010(passed). He was told by a CBPO that there is a freeze in jobs in NY/NJ area. With that being said him & I change our GEO to GA @ least we would have our feet in the door & can transfer after 2yrs. Good Luck
                            CBPO
                            Test: 12/10

“The only real failure in life is the failure to try.”

"If at first you don't succeed, dust yourself off and try again." — Aaliyah

Comment

• Well I was just told I will be on stand
                              By for a class in aug. So I'm waiting again, but I get to have more time for my pre academy stuff so, it should be good. Yoda you still in same class, wish I was going I'm with you.

Comment

• Well guys... Took the test yesterday in Detroit. Not gonna lie, I dont think i did that great. I saw everybody's high scores on here and looked at the practice test and just assumed I could breeze through it. Oh well. Anybody want to let me know what comes next in the process? The people giving the test yesterday were just hired to stand there for the time and had no idea about the process at all. Any advice would be helpful.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9120 users online. 493 members and 8627 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X