300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys,
    I successfully took my PFT1 in Miami today, 70 pushups, 59 situps, 13 side-steps, Lift/Lower Test in ??? (about 15 seconds), and completed the 5-minute Step Test (don't underestimate this one, by this time you're a little tired from the other tests).

The Medical part was all fine except that my "uncorrected vision" is very very poor, but I have my LASIK eye surgery scheduled for tomorrow afternoon! I can't wait to get it done already!

Should I contact MHC in a week to let them know that I had my vision corrected so they can re-schedule another exam for me ? (in 3 months I know) Or will they contact me regarding my uncorrected vision?

Thanks,
    CBPO
    Application: 11/2010
    Test: 12/7/2010
    NOR: 2/1/2011 (100, no vet preference)
    TO: 6/14/2011
    Medical & Fitness: 7/19/2011 - Passed everything except uncorrected vision, Had LASIK to correct it, now waiting the CBP-required 90 day period to submit paperwork by eye doctor.
    VBT & SI: 8/24/2011 - PASSED
    BI: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
      Keep in mind that the process for SWB applicants might be more quick to be picked up, but you'll still be waiting for at least 2 years. The ones that were picked up last that we know of were still from 09'... I'll post an update once I get in and see what my class is composed of, but all of you new applicants for the SWB are looking at a timeline of at least 2 years to being picked up.
      I didn't know you were an HR expert Yoda. But anyway, it says on the CBP website that depending on what port you select, your time will vary in TSU. If you picked a port that needs bodies, then you have a better chance of being picked up and your wait time will obviously be short as opposed to 4 years lol. From what I noticed, up north is not doing too much hiring, so obviously that would not be a good port choice. But hey if Obama signs the proposed funding bill for CBP then we all luck up. Shaniajam I feel where you coming from with the negative post, but as a side note if I was in FLETC or scheduled to be there soon, I would definitely not be on this forum still making posts lol
      Last edited by bott718; 07-19-2011, 05:16 PM.
      Exam: 12/10
      NOR: 1/25/10
      Qualifications: (GS-7)
      T.O: 5/25/11 (Georgia)
      PFT1: 6/11 (Cleared)
      B.I.: 6/11 (Started)
      Medical: 7/11 (Cleared)
      VBT & S.I.: 7/11(Cleared)
      Drug Test: 8/11 (Cleared)
      B.I.: 9/11 (Cleared)
      PFT2: (rescheduled due to high BP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Gator87 View Post
        Should I contact MHC in a week to let them know that I had my vision corrected so they can re-schedule another exam for me ? (in 3 months I know) Or will they contact me regarding my uncorrected vision?
        Thanks,
        When you have your day after or 1 week follow up, you need to have the doctor write up a simple letter with your name the doctor's name, type of surgery (LASIK), and the date of surgery. This needs to be faxed to MHC Med. Once MHC Med receives and reviews the letter then they will send you a paper your doctor needs to fill out at your 3 month appointment. Good Luck tomorrow!!! It's going to change your life!
        BPA
        Test 8/31/10 score: 92
        TO 9/15/10 CA pref.
        OB 11/09/10
        Med/PFT1 3/10/11
        LASIK 05/19/11
        Security Office 06/28/11
        BI Meeting: 07/27/11
        Med cleared 08/30/11
        Drug Test-09/08/11
        Tentatively met requirements-12/07/11
        TSU---12/12/11

Cert. Date--09/03/2010

Call-06/15/2012- Calexico, CA
        Class 1006

Comment

• Originally posted by WarV2A View Post
          When you have your day after or 1 week follow up, you need to have the doctor write up a simple letter with your name the doctor's name, type of surgery (LASIK), and the date of surgery. This needs to be faxed to MHC Med. Once MHC Med receives and reviews the letter then they will send you a paper your doctor needs to fill out at your 3 month appointment. Good Luck tomorrow!!! It's going to change your life!
          That's exactly what I needed to know! Greatly appreciate it!!
          I'm really looking forward to the LASIK procedure tomorrow, I've heard only great things from everyone.
          CBPO
          Application: 11/2010
          Test: 12/7/2010
          NOR: 2/1/2011 (100, no vet preference)
          TO: 6/14/2011
          Medical & Fitness: 7/19/2011 - Passed everything except uncorrected vision, Had LASIK to correct it, now waiting the CBP-required 90 day period to submit paperwork by eye doctor.
          VBT & SI: 8/24/2011 - PASSED
          BI: ?

Comment

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
            obviously you did not read my post well. when some says that their process is moving pretty quickly for only applying last year the new comers congratulate them on their process, where the old guys say, great but you still will be waiting for 2 years or more. if everyone reads the past post (as oldies have said to do sooo many times before). we already know this so there is no point sticking it in everytime someone is excited for themselves about the process.

Also, I can handle the wait. I am currently a manager in a big law firm and only switching for more stability for my kids, so do not tell me about having patience. Obviously we are in the same boat as you took what i said very personally and felt you had to respond the way you did. no one is arguing, but when i post something about my status, i suggest that the oldies can ignore my excitement and not reply at all. But, when i ask for advise, then your opinion is greatly appreciated.
            Humm...
            I'd say that for someone that just joined the forum, and just began the process, you sure have lots to tell us about how to behave here. How about you sit in the back of the bus and wait like everyone else. If you don't like to read about the truth of your situation, I'd suggest you move along and find a place where you can be applauded for every step you complete.
            The reason we keep reminding new applicants, such as yourself, to not get too excited and that the process is VERY long... Is because most of the new applicants don't read and ask the same questions over and over again. If we had this information when we began our process years ago, we would've been better off and the headaches would've been less.

FYI
            When I tested they told us we would be hired in 6 months... Obviously some did get picked up with a similar timeframe to that, because there was a real hiring push at that time. Then came the problems associated with processing so many in so little time without properly vetting them. After that this practice was scrapped. Then there was a complete hiring freeze, and just a few months ago new classes started for CBPO in FLETC. Expect the mandatory POLY for every applicant to come into effect next year at some point. This is a summary of what has gone on in the almost 4 years of my process.

I'm obviously not MHC HR, but I can tell you that not even the people from TSU know when and from where they're going to hire next. If you don't believe me, go ahead and call them... The most need and push for new hires is for the SWB, and from people that recently got to FLETC we have had an update on who's being picked up, from where, and their TO dates... which the last time was from 09' for SWB.

I don't just come in here and ramble on, on hear say from what I heard a CBPO at a POE said, cause they have absolutely no clue as to when they get new bodies for their POE. MHC calls them after the applicant has accepted the Offer and is scheduled for the PFT2, and even then only the HR/mission support person knows about it.

Enjoy your time in the waiting game... you'll love it!
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by EXW Sailor View Post
              Hello everyone, I am new to this forum but I wanted to let some of you know out there that I got picked up for CBPO in November 04, 2007, and the process took me only 7 months before I got the call. Unfortunately I didn't take the job back then because my family didn't want to move. I applied once again and am currently waiting for my BI to go through, last time I had an interim clearance and was given the chance to attend the academy. It seems as by reading post that now you have to wait until your clearance has been adjudicated before you get the call. Is this true?
              Yes it is... no interim clearances are given at this time.
              CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by bott718 View Post
                I didn't know you were an HR expert Yoda. But anyway, it says on the CBP website that depending on what port you select, your time will vary in TSU. If you picked a port that needs bodies, then you have a better chance of being picked up and your wait time will obviously be short as opposed to 4 years lol. From what I noticed, up north is not doing too much hiring, so obviously that would not be a good port choice. But hey if Obama signs the proposed funding bill for CBP then we all luck up. Shaniajam I feel where you coming from with the negative post, but as a side note if I was in FLETC or scheduled to be there soon, I would definitely not be on this forum still making posts lol
                I never claimed to be an expert, but if you simply put 2 and 2 together from the trends, you can come to a simple conclusion that this is so... at least for the near future. If there's anything I've learned from this process is that it is constantly changing, and that what is true today, might not be true tomorrow.

BTW
                I'm still here cause I'm returning the favor to those that went before me... just as the current CBPO's that continually post here helping new applicants.
                Last edited by yoda; 07-19-2011, 05:52 PM.
                CBPO

Comment

Humm...
                  I'd say that for someone that just joined the forum, and just began the process, you sure have lots to tell us about how to behave here. How about you sit in the back of the bus and wait like everyone else. If you don't like to read about the truth of your situation, I'd suggest you move along and find a place where you can be applauded for every step you complete.
                  The reason we keep reminding new applicants, such as yourself, to not get too excited and that the process is VERY long... Is because most of the new applicants don't read and ask the same questions over and over again. If we had this information when we began our process years ago, we would've been better off and the headaches would've been less.

FYI
                  When I tested they told us we would be hired in 6 months... Obviously some did get picked up with a similar timeframe to that, because there was a real hiring push at that time. Then came the problems associated with processing so many in so little time without properly vetting them. After that this practice was scrapped. Then there was a complete hiring freeze, and just a few months ago new classes started for CBPO in FLETC. Expect the mandatory POLY for every applicant to come into effect next year at some point. This is a summary of what has gone on in the almost 4 years of my process.

I'm obviously not MHC HR, but I can tell you that not even the people from TSU know when and from where they're going to hire next. If you don't believe me, go ahead and call them... The most need and push for new hires is for the SWB, and from people that recently got to FLETC we have had an update on who's being picked up, from where, and their TO dates... which the last time was from 09' for SWB.

I don't just come in here and ramble on, on hear say from what I heard a CBPO at a POE said, cause they have absolutely no clue as to when they get new bodies for their POE. MHC calls them after the applicant has accepted the Offer and is scheduled for the PFT2, and even then only the HR/mission support person knows about it.

Enjoy your time in the waiting game... you'll love it!
                  its not that serious. enjoy your evening as i will be with my family. and i will sleep well at night not worrying about other's opinion. I still stand corrected. what a way to welcome the newbies.....riduculous.....goodnight!!!!

p.s. joining date means nothing if you can google it from the internet and look at post. fyi i have been watching this post for years.
                  Last edited by shaniajam; 07-19-2011, 06:01 PM.
                  CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
                  Test: 12/2010
                  NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
                  TO: 6/7/2011
                  PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
                  Equip: 6/13/2011
                  FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
                  VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
                  BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
                  Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
                  Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
                  Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
                  got the call: 9/20/2011
                  PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
                  NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
                  New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

its not that serious. enjoy your evening as i will be with my family. and i will sleep well at night not worrying about other's opinion. I still stand corrected. what a way to welcome the newbies.....riduculous.....goodnight!!!!
                    Seriously dude... Thicker skin might be something to think about. This forum is mellow compared to others.
                    CBPO

Comment

• Is it possible to have a job with CBP and be in the reserves or national guard at the same time? Since I'll be waiting for awhile, I might as well do something that could help in the mean time, suggestions anyone?

Comment

p.s. joining date means nothing if you can google it from the internet and look at post. fyi i have been watching this post for years.
                        Welcome shaniajam
                        Don't worry about yoda. He is an ***.. every time someone post something or ask a question that has been asked before he gets mad and goes off. He thinks he knows it all because he gas been on here for a few years. Just let him think he is important.

Comment

• Originally posted by gemini318 View Post
                          Is it possible to have a job with CBP and be in the reserves or national guard at the same time? Since I'll be waiting for awhile, I might as well do something that could help in the mean time, suggestions anyone?
                          It is... I'm in the Guard and there are several Reserves at my POE.
                          CBPO

Comment

• Please do not let this thread turn into another "ICE 1811". Take the ****ing contests to PMs. I come here for information regarding hiring not to read squabbles about how long the hiring process will take.

The bottomline: You will be waiting for a while so just forget about it. Members like Yoda should be an example to all prospective CBPO's that waiting pays off in the long run.

Comment

• I just recently had my fitness test and on CASS there is a check only on fitness. Is the medical exam separate appointment??

Thank You

Comment

It is... I'm in the Guard and there are several Reserves at my POE.
                                Awesome, thanks. If you don't mind me asking, what job do you do with the Guard?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10736 users online. 375 members and 10361 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X