X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by waitingny; 11-21-2011, 10:42 AM. Reason: deleted

Comment

• Originally posted by poolearmor View Post
      my frd told me that the port only found out they have a new guy coming 1 day ahead.

also words from the higher rank officer at the port, they maybe seeing 2-3 more guys soon when the budget got approved at the end of Oct.

my frd who got the calls 3 weeks ago was lucky caz he is hired contingent upon budget approval.

so all of us waiting in NY should just pray that the gov will get more fund.
      At least he's hired Though myself and WaitingNY have been waiting longer Keep us informed.

Comment

• Originally posted by waitingny View Post
        I took the test 1yr before you both, and your buddy got hired before me. Oh what fun this process is.

may i ask where u apply for ?

Comment

Last edited by waitingny; 11-21-2011, 10:44 AM. Reason: deleted

Comment

Last edited by waitingny; 11-21-2011, 10:42 AM. Reason: deleted

Comment

Lol I have heard the budget story before. But my second BI should be clear by the fall. I am happy that there is movement in Champliain. I am not happy that I have been skipped over again...
              Champliain is not a really busy port, but cars are just keep coming all the time, u dont get a break at all..

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                Here is the problem with your suggestion -- This is a forum where people come for advice. Sometimes advice comes in the form of an opinion. Is is my opinion, along with the opinion of many other individuals, that the hiring process has taken 2-3 years and even close to 4. These are facts coming from the very people such as Yoda that have been waiting forever and a day. NO one is trying to burst your excitement bubble. Congratulations on processing -- now take a seat in the back of the lounge. If you do not want to hear what others have to say then why are you on this forum? MHC does not provide advice here. Candidates, CBPO Recruits at FLETC, and seasoned CBPO's give their opinions or provide factual documentation. Unfortuantely, not everything is clear and concise half of the time. And if you expect that from the MHC -- you are out of your tree. The only part of what you said that made me want to write this was simply the notion that you let random people expressing their opinion get underneath your skin. You may want to think about a career change if you cannot handle the opinions of others.

Just take a chill pill and take what you read with a grain of salt. Be optimistic but do not expect it to last long. This is the truth. If you do not want to hear it then so be it. I have heard it 1,000 times that the hiring is going to pick up because of this or because of that... and I have probably seen or heard of 30 people being hired in the last 2 years.
                obviously you did not read my post well. when some says that their process is moving pretty quickly for only applying last year the new comers congratulate them on their process, where the old guys say, great but you still will be waiting for 2 years or more. if everyone reads the past post (as oldies have said to do sooo many times before). we already know this so there is no point sticking it in everytime someone is excited for themselves about the process.

Also, I can handle the wait. I am currently a manager in a big law firm and only switching for more stability for my kids, so do not tell me about having patience. Obviously we are in the same boat as you took what i said very personally and felt you had to respond the way you did. no one is arguing, but when i post something about my status, i suggest that the oldies can ignore my excitement and not reply at all. But, when i ask for advise, then your opinion is greatly appreciated.
                CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
                Test: 12/2010
                NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
                TO: 6/7/2011
                PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
                Equip: 6/13/2011
                FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
                VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
                BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
                Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
                Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
                Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
                got the call: 9/20/2011
                PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
                NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
                New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

• Originally posted by gemini318 View Post
                  I got a letter yesterday saying in passed the SI. One more step out of the way. Now I only have 2 more yrs to wait
                  congrats
                  CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by gemini318 View Post
                    yes I agree! I was pretty shocked to find out that the process was taking so long. I just hope that with the hiring surge, the process can be faster than at other times. Wishful thinking
                    yes it is just wishful thinking. it may be quick and it may not, all we can do is hold on to hope, old or new is unaware of the chnages that will happen in the future. we can just hold on to our seats and enjoy the ride!!! lol
                    CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
                      congrats
                      thanks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
                        obviously you did not read my post well. when some says that their process is moving pretty quickly for only applying last year the new comers congratulate them on their process, where the old guys say, great but you still will be waiting for 2 years or more. if everyone reads the past post (as oldies have said to do sooo many times before). we already know this so there is no point sticking it in everytime someone is excited for themselves about the process.

Also, I can handle the wait. I am currently a manager in a big law firm and only switching for more stability for my kids, so do not tell me about having patience. Obviously we are in the same boat as you took what i said very personally and felt you had to respond the way you did. no one is arguing, but when i post something about my status, i suggest that the oldies can ignore my excitement and not reply at all. But, when i ask for advise, then your opinion is greatly appreciated.

You can suggest all you want but I will exercise my 1st Amendment As a law firm manager I am sure you understand what I am referring too.

No need to explain your personal situation to me. It doesn't justify your response or make it any better/worse.

Good day.

Comment

I took the test Aug of 08 and I am waiting for Champliain. They changed the way they hire, again. If something is pending in your file but you are on the "top" of the list you get skipped over to someone who has all green checks in cass.
                          Well.. I found out last month that someone skipped me for WA due to my 2nd medical pending. Now that I'm all cleared again, no calls yet. I hope this debt thing that the government is going through now won't cut budget again with the hiring. But then MHC already said there's no more funding for WA.

And as for the new commers, we're just giving a heads up that it's going to be a long wait regardless if it's for SWB or not. When we applied for our geo location, they also said theyre in need of people. Look what happen now, everyone is still waiting. And if there is a budget cut in the near future, just be prepare of doing every process for at least the 2nd or 3rd time.
                          TSU - 8/28/09
                          TO - 3/2009
                          On the job

Comment

• Hello everyone, I am new to this forum but I wanted to let some of you know out there that I got picked up for CBPO in November 04, 2007, and the process took me only 7 months before I got the call. Unfortunately I didn't take the job back then because my family didn't want to move. I applied once again and am currently waiting for my BI to go through, last time I had an interim clearance and was given the chance to attend the academy. It seems as by reading post that now you have to wait until your clearance has been adjudicated before you get the call. Is this true?

Comment

• Originally posted by EXW Sailor View Post
                              Hello everyone, I am new to this forum but I wanted to let some of you know out there that I got picked up for CBPO in November 04, 2007, and the process took me only 7 months before I got the call. Unfortunately I didn't take the job back then because my family didn't want to move. I applied once again and am currently waiting for my BI to go through, last time I had an interim clearance and was given the chance to attend the academy. It seems as by reading post that now you have to wait until your clearance has been adjudicated before you get the call. Is this true?
                              on the cbp.gov website it states the background has to be cleared with all green checks before you get the call.
                              CBPO

Comment

• Hey guys,
                                I took my pft1 today. i did 35 pushups, lower lift in 48secs, side step 9 touches, but bummed out on the sit ups at 11 because of the monthly visitation we women have. So with those numbers i guess i didnt pass. Is there anyway to retake the situp part? The doctor did document it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9532 users online. 314 members and 9218 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X