X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Language

Originally posted by Samer
    Hello everyone,
    I'm very new on this site, and I already got educated on the process of the CBP. I have my written this coming Thursday; I have few questions in regards of the test:
    1- How long s the test?
    2- How hard is the test? ( I did the practice test, and I found it a bit challenging)
    3- Do they provide calculators?
    4-is speaking a different languages, such as Arabic, would help in getting hired faster?

Looking forward in reading all the answers.
    blessings
    Welcome to the forum. It wont help you get hired faster. However, we have a foreign language incentive in CBP once you're on board. Depending on the amount of that specific language you can speak, you will receive a % of your base pay at the end of the year. Arabic would come in handy if working at an airport.

Comment

• there is a new guy just reported to Champlain, NY yesetreday...

i really hope i will get the call SOON

Comment

Last edited by waitingny; 11-21-2011, 10:43 AM. Reason: deleted

Comment

• Originally posted by poolearmor View Post
          there is a new guy just reported to Champlain, NY yesetreday...

i really hope i will get the call SOON

Are you waiting for NY-Other or JFK? What's your TO date?

Comment

• its good to know that people are being called after waiting 2,3, or even close to four years has been called. But seriously, you cannot say that you know the wait is going to be long for the new commers based on your experience and everyone else's, because you are not MHC, you do not provide the budget, and you do not sit in the meetings to discuss where you need to hire and how fast the process will be or even who to pick.

Please stop telling the newcomers that you know from experience when you haven't had any at all when it comes to hiring. none of us, unless we are on the actual board to make decisions, have experience on how this hiring process works and no one knows if the process is going to be quick or long as it has been before, you keep saying they are working on people from 2009, but all 2009 did not pick SW or SE so some new people 2010 and beyond may be hired before them based on the needs. The only advice that i would suggest to take is that if their is a person in here that works at MHC that can shed more light to the issue, please do so. Everyone else that has been on here since 2008 need to please stop telling new comers about the ropes if you have been waiting just like us and not knowing what is going on, unless of course you are apart of the board. Also making it to FLETC is not even experience because if you do not pass, you will not return to your POE.
            for the newcomers like myself, welcome. and if you feel you are getting closer (even if we may be waiting 2-3 years) feel free to express that, but the oldies need to stop knocking us for being excited. let us share in our happiness and stop being negative. congratulate us on our steps without a "but."

Thank you.
            CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
            Test: 12/2010
            NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
            TO: 6/7/2011
            PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
            Equip: 6/13/2011
            FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
            VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
            BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
            Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
            Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
            Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
            got the call: 9/20/2011
            PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
            NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
            New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

• I got a letter yesterday saying in passed the SI. One more step out of the way. Now I only have 2 more yrs to wait

Comment

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
                its good to know that people are being called after waiting 2,3, or even close to four years has been called. But seriously, you cannot say that you know the wait is going to be long for the new commers based on your experience and everyone else's, because you are not MHC, you do not provide the budget, and you do not sit in the meetings to discuss where you need to hire and how fast the process will be or even who to pick.

Please stop telling the newcomers that you know from experience when you haven't had any at all when it comes to hiring. none of us, unless we are on the actual board to make decisions, have experience on how this hiring process works and no one knows if the process is going to be quick or long as it has been before, you keep saying they are working on people from 2009, but all 2009 did not pick SW or SE so some new people 2010 and beyond may be hired before them based on the needs. The only advice that i would suggest to take is that if their is a person in here that works at MHC that can shed more light to the issue, please do so. Everyone else that has been on here since 2008 need to please stop telling new comers about the ropes if you have been waiting just like us and not knowing what is going on, unless of course you are apart of the board. Also making it to FLETC is not even experience because if you do not pass, you will not return to your POE.
                for the newcomers like myself, welcome. and if you feel you are getting closer (even if we may be waiting 2-3 years) feel free to express that, but the oldies need to stop knocking us for being excited. let us share in our happiness and stop being negative. congratulate us on our steps without a "but."

Thank you.
                yes I agree! I was pretty shocked to find out that the process was taking so long. I just hope that with the hiring surge, the process can be faster than at other times. Wishful thinking

Comment

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
                  its good to know that people are being called after waiting 2,3, or even close to four years has been called. But seriously, you cannot say that you know the wait is going to be long for the new commers based on your experience and everyone else's, because you are not MHC, you do not provide the budget, and you do not sit in the meetings to discuss where you need to hire and how fast the process will be or even who to pick.

Thank you.
                  Here is the problem with your suggestion -- This is a forum where people come for advice. Sometimes advice comes in the form of an opinion. Is is my opinion, along with the opinion of many other individuals, that the hiring process has taken 2-3 years and even close to 4. These are facts coming from the very people such as Yoda that have been waiting forever and a day. NO one is trying to burst your excitement bubble. Congratulations on processing -- now take a seat in the back of the lounge. If you do not want to hear what others have to say then why are you on this forum? MHC does not provide advice here. Candidates, CBPO Recruits at FLETC, and seasoned CBPO's give their opinions or provide factual documentation. Unfortuantely, not everything is clear and concise half of the time. And if you expect that from the MHC -- you are out of your tree. The only part of what you said that made me want to write this was simply the notion that you let random people expressing their opinion get underneath your skin. You may want to think about a career change if you cannot handle the opinions of others.

Just take a chill pill and take what you read with a grain of salt. Be optimistic but do not expect it to last long. This is the truth. If you do not want to hear it then so be it. I have heard it 1,000 times that the hiring is going to pick up because of this or because of that... and I have probably seen or heard of 30 people being hired in the last 2 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                    Here is the problem with your suggestion -- This is a forum where people come for advice. Sometimes advice comes in the form of an opinion. Is is my opinion, along with the opinion of many other individuals, that the hiring process has taken 2-3 years and even close to 4. These are facts coming from the very people such as Yoda that have been waiting forever and a day. NO one is trying to burst your excitement bubble. Congratulations on processing -- now take a seat in the back of the lounge. If you do not want to hear what others have to say then why are you on this forum? MHC does not provide advice here. Candidates, CBPO Recruits at FLETC, and seasoned CBPO's give their opinions or provide factual documentation. Unfortuantely, not everything is clear and concise half of the time. And if you expect that from the MHC -- you are out of your tree. The only part of what you said that made me want to write this was simply the notion that you let random people expressing their opinion get underneath your skin. You may want to think about a career change if you cannot handle the opinions of others.

Just take a chill pill and take what you read with a grain of salt. Be optimistic but do not expect it to last long. This is the truth. If you do not want to hear it then so be it. I have heard it 1,000 times that the hiring is going to pick up because of this or because of that... and I have probably seen or heard of 30 people being hired in the last 2 years.
                    Amen!
                    TSU - 8/28/09
                    TO - 3/2009
                    On the job

Comment

Are you waiting for NY-Other or JFK? What's your TO date?
                      yea, i am still waitting for Champlain, NY. i forgot my TO but i took the test back in Aug 09
                      Last edited by poolearmor; 07-19-2011, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Last edited by waitingny; 11-21-2011, 10:43 AM. Reason: deleted

Comment

+1

Comment

• Originally posted by poolearmor View Post
                            yea, i am still waitting for Champlain, NY. i forgot my TO but i took the test back in Aug 09
                            Copy, I should get hired before you but at the rate it's gone you'll get hired before me Keep us fellow NY'ers informed on hiring up there. Take care.

Comment

• Originally posted by waitingny View Post
                              Did your buddy take the test Aug 09 as well. Sucks for me, I took the test in Aug 08 and I am being skipped over what seems to be twice now because I am redoing my background investigation. Apparently a lot can happen to a person every two years while they wait
                              yes my buddy took the test with me and he score 2 points higher than me.

Comment

Copy, I should get hired before you but at the rate it's gone you'll get hired before me Keep us fellow NY'ers informed on hiring up there. Take care.

my frd told me that the port only found out they have a new guy coming 1 day ahead.

also words from the higher rank officer at the port, they maybe seeing 2-3 more guys soon when the budget got approved at the end of Oct.

my frd who got the calls 3 weeks ago was lucky caz he is hired contingent upon budget approval.

so all of us waiting in NY should just pray that the gov will get more fund.
                                Last edited by poolearmor; 07-19-2011, 01:27 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8716 users online. 273 members and 8443 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X