Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, so I guess I'll just sit tight as far as the hearing test goes, like I said I didn't miss a beep but just probably pushed in areas I shouldn't have. So today I went back to the office for the reading on the TB skin test and it was a different lady at the check in counter. I told her I was there for the TB reading, she looked at my arm and said "o.k. your fine". It concerned me a little because she didn't pull any paperwork out, all she told me is that I'm o.k. and then asked me if I have disability. I said "you do know why I'm here right? it's for the testing for CBP", she said "yes; but do you have disability or did you bring any paperwork from the VA".....?? I was super concerned at this point, I just told her I was there Saturday, I brought a Fed Ex envelope with me and I tested for the CBPO position, she looks at me and says "ok, your fine then"..... I really hope my paperwork gets handled correctly and doesn't end up just sitting in there office. I already had a mishap before when I applied for the FAMS and my credit check never got pulled even after I signed the release. It turned out that by the time they realized what they did, their only response to me was, "sorry, but we're already passed this stage and interviews are already being conducted, you'll have to wait and apply to the next opening. I hope that doesn't end up being the case here.. Also, did anyone else have to take a chest X-ray? I assumed it was part of the process but they didn't do that for me.
    YOU'VE GOT THE MAGIC EYE, HOYT!!!

Comment

• About how long does the written test take. Trying to make sure got rental car long enough.
      cbpo
      test 7-12-11
      nor 8-31-2011 score 86 swb

iso
      test 8-23-11

bpa
      test 9-6-2011
      nor 9-28-2011 score 90
      geo ca

sps
      geo Houston Texas
      nor 8-1-2011 score 92

FBI evidence tech
      application received 8-15-2011

Tsa
      cbt passed 10-12-2009
      c/o 8-2-2010
      credit check 10-1-2010
      e86 turned in 8-6-2010
      airport assessment waiting for call

Comment

• plan on 6 hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by sacfireinvest View Post
          About how long does the written test take. Trying to make sure got rental car long enough.
          Per CBPO FAQs..."the test itself takes about five hours and contains four sections – Logical and Quantitative Reasoning Skills, Writing skills, and an Assessment of experience and achievement."

Good Luck!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MuscleShark View Post
            OK, so I guess I'll just sit tight as far as the hearing test goes, like I said I didn't miss a beep but just probably pushed in areas I shouldn't have. So today I went back to the office for the reading on the TB skin test and it was a different lady at the check in counter. I told her I was there for the TB reading, she looked at my arm and said "o.k. your fine". It concerned me a little because she didn't pull any paperwork out, all she told me is that I'm o.k. and then asked me if I have disability. I said "you do know why I'm here right? it's for the testing for CBP", she said "yes; but do you have disability or did you bring any paperwork from the VA".....?? I was super concerned at this point, I just told her I was there Saturday, I brought a Fed Ex envelope with me and I tested for the CBPO position, she looks at me and says "ok, your fine then"..... I really hope my paperwork gets handled correctly and doesn't end up just sitting in there office. I already had a mishap before when I applied for the FAMS and my credit check never got pulled even after I signed the release. It turned out that by the time they realized what they did, their only response to me was, "sorry, but we're already passed this stage and interviews are already being conducted, you'll have to wait and apply to the next opening. I hope that doesn't end up being the case here.. Also, did anyone else have to take a chest X-ray? I assumed it was part of the process but they didn't do that for me.
            i would call back tomorrow and speak to someone to make sure that they have sent the packet for you. as far as the x-ray they only do that if the TB comes back as positive with the skin test. I asked before i left cause i want to make sure they did it. i went back this morning to have my tb read and they pulled out my file and the doctor had to sign off on it. so check into that.
            CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
            Test: 12/2010
            NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
            TO: 6/7/2011
            PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
            Equip: 6/13/2011
            FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
            VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
            BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
            Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
            Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
            Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
            got the call: 9/20/2011
            PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
            NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
            New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
              He went through when you tested and you waited year to receive a TO, and then the process flew by up to your EOD... That is no longer the truth, as you receive your TO rather quickly... do your steps one right behind the other, and then you sit and wait.
              If you are just starting for the SWB you still have at least 2 years of waiting, unless they change how they do things in the near future...
              your post is a little discouraging.
              Last edited by shaniajam; 07-18-2011, 03:39 PM.
              CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
              Test: 12/2010
              NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
              TO: 6/7/2011
              PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
              Equip: 6/13/2011
              FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
              VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
              BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
              Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
              Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
              Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
              got the call: 9/20/2011
              PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
              NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
              New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

OK, so I guess I'll just sit tight as far as the hearing test goes, like I said I didn't miss a beep but just probably pushed in areas I shouldn't have. So today I went back to the office for the reading on the TB skin test and it was a different lady at the check in counter. I told her I was there for the TB reading, she looked at my arm and said "o.k. your fine". It concerned me a little because she didn't pull any paperwork out, all she told me is that I'm o.k. and then asked me if I have disability. I said "you do know why I'm here right? it's for the testing for CBP", she said "yes; but do you have disability or did you bring any paperwork from the VA".....?? I was super concerned at this point, I just told her I was there Saturday, I brought a Fed Ex envelope with me and I tested for the CBPO position, she looks at me and says "ok, your fine then"..... I really hope my paperwork gets handled correctly and doesn't end up just sitting in there office. I already had a mishap before when I applied for the FAMS and my credit check never got pulled even after I signed the release. It turned out that by the time they realized what they did, their only response to me was, "sorry, but we're already passed this stage and interviews are already being conducted, you'll have to wait and apply to the next opening. I hope that doesn't end up being the case here.. Also, did anyone else have to take a chest X-ray? I assumed it was part of the process but they didn't do that for me.
                Did you copy down the tracking number that was provided?

I had a similar situation. They sent out my package back to CHS that same day, before I even went back to TB. They told me they will fax it.
                TSU - 8/28/09
                TO - 3/2009
                On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                  Did you copy down the tracking number that was provided?

I had a similar situation. They sent out my package back to CHS that same day, before I even went back to TB. They told me they will fax it.
                  I'm so upset at myself for not even considering to copy the tracking number!! A good piece of information though, I'll definitely remember to do that in the future, I think I will do as Shaniajam suggests and call them back tomorrow just to assure that everything was sent back. Thanks....
                  YOU'VE GOT THE MAGIC EYE, HOYT!!!

Comment

chest x-rays are done mainly on people who have tested positive for TB in the past. If you've never tested positive for it, there is no need for it.

Comment

I'm so upset at myself for not even considering to copy the tracking number!! A good piece of information though, I'll definitely remember to do that in the future, I think I will do as Shaniajam suggests and call them back tomorrow just to assure that everything was sent back. Thanks....
                      what you can also do is call CHS to see if they received EVERYTHING just to rest assure.
                      TSU - 8/28/09
                      TO - 3/2009
                      On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
                        your post is a little discouraging.
                        It is the truth... not sugar coating it.
                        Plan for the worse case scenario and if it comes through quicker than expected... you'll be pleasantly surprised!
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Would this whole debt thing going on with the government is going to effect the funding for CBP?
                          TSU - 8/28/09
                          TO - 3/2009
                          On the job

Comment

what you can also do is call CHS to see if they received EVERYTHING just to rest assure.
                            Hey Sr20, long time since we talked. How the process going for you?
                            TO: 4/09/09
                            Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                            TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

Would this whole debt thing going on with the government is going to effect the funding for CBP?
                              It will effect everything. It's like defaulting on a loan but this time it's our country. What good comes from that? None

Comment

• Originally posted by Samer
                                Hello everyone,
                                I'm very new on this site, and I already got educated on the process of the CBP. I have my written this coming Thursday; I have few questions in regards of the test:
                                1- How long s the test?
                                2- How hard is the test? ( I did the practice test, and I found it a bit challenging)
                                3- Do they provide calculators?
                                4-is speaking a different languages, such as Arabic, would help in getting hired faster?

Looking forward in reading all the answers.
                                blessings
                                1. About 4 hours.
                                2. Depends how much you study. I think it was hard given the time limit.
                                3. No calculators.
                                4. If you were to apply for the FBI or the CIA. I am not too sure about CBP though.
                                TO: 4/09/09
                                Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                                TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6393 users online. 234 members and 6159 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X