Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey guys i remember there was a forum member here who applied for MDC Brooklyn for BOP. I wanted to ask a question on the BOP so if anyone who has info on that, can you please reply to the forum or PM me? thanks

i know i am totally off topic but i just remembered someone on here on their timeline had a BOP status also.

thanks.
    BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

• hey lexis,
      Do they send out this inquiry after taking the test? because i am taking the test on the 25th and i also applied for the SE region.
      BPA( California)

Comment

• whats up man?
        CBPO
        TO - 05/08 JFK
        EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• hey LIcoastie, i PMed you. hope you don't mind answering a question for a newbie.
          BPA( California)

Comment

• Originally posted by Freefallin View Post
            Hey Guile,

The VBT is a video based test. They, in a nut shell, play some scenarios and they allow you 45 seconds to respond while being recorded. They're really not that hard, use your common sense and you'll be fine!

The SI is a bit more of a brain picker. My interviewers told me beforehand to make sure that I listen to the questions and not get nervous. There are 8 questions which they randomly pick from their question bank.
            They simply want you to stay on topic while you're answering the questions and they're judging your communication skills.

Unfortunately, I can't tell the exact questions that I was asked.
            Good luck bro.
            From what I understand and been reading, I thought it was only the VBT without an SI for cbpo.
            Exam: 12/10
            NOR: 1/25/10
            Qualifications: (GS-7)
            T.O: 5/25/11 (Georgia)
            PFT1: 6/11 (Cleared)
            B.I.: 6/11 (Started)
            Medical: 7/11 (Cleared)
            VBT & S.I.: 7/11(Cleared)
            Drug Test: 8/11 (Cleared)
            B.I.: 9/11 (Cleared)
            PFT2: (rescheduled due to high BP)

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
              What POE do you work at?
              I'm at one of the smaller ones. I prefer not to get into too many details about myself on the internet.

Comment

• Originally posted by bott718 View Post
                From what I understand and been reading, I thought it was only the VBT without an SI for cbpo.
                I thought so also. We brought it up at the interview, and the director confirmed that we indeed had to do both.
                CBPO
                TO:04/01/11
                EOD: 08/22/11
                FLETC:09/07/11

Comment

• Hey all, I just got back from my pre-employment medical and fitness exam. I did well on everything, I was able to get 50 push ups, 39 sit ups, I was able to touch each far line 5 times on the side step test, and successfully passed the lift test and step test. I did well on the vision and was even able to read down to the 20/10 line. My only area of concern is that during the hearing test I could hear noise coming from other areas and I don't believe I missed any of the beeps but I think I may have pressed the button during times where there were no beeps. Do you guys think they penalize you for that or do they disregard the extra button punches and only care about missed beeps?
                  YOU'VE GOT THE MAGIC EYE, HOYT!!!

Comment

• I know on the machine that tested me, if i pressed the button when there was no soun it would repeat the test. The nurse that tested me said my hearing was fantastic, but when your sitting there you think your hearing things when you dont lol.
                    CBPO TSL 5/25/11 | MED 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | PFT1 7/18/11 | VBT 7/20/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11

BPA TSL 5/24/11 | MED/PFT1 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | OB 7/22/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11 | TSU 8/22/11 | EOD 9/12/11

Comment

• Muscle Shark,

No worries.. if you failed a piece they will let you know and you can REDO some of the parts. I failed a few and had my personal physician redo it and I was A-OKAY
                      CBPO
                      Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                      TO: 2/2011
                      Medical: 3/22/2011
                      PT Test: 3/22/2011
                      VBT: 3/2011
                      Background: 3/2011
                      Drug Test: 4/2011
                      Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                      PT Test 2: TBD
                      FLETC: Good Question lol
                      CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                      Info Session 9/2009
                      Interview 3/2010
                      COE 5/2010
                      Medical 5/2010
                      Fit/Background 7/2010
                      All clear as of 11/2010
                      FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Im new to the thread. I have taken the written exam on 12/6/2010. The geophical location that I chose at the time was Miami/ Ft. Lauderdale. A couple of emails were sent out to applicants on changing their location. I changed mine recently to Georgia but it was after the deadline submission date. Only because I had to talk it over with my husband to come to an agreement about the possible move. Im wondering if they are going to still hire for Georgia like they are doing for Texas, Mexico, California and Arizona. Im upset with myself because everyone who changed their location by the deadline has started the process.

Comment

• Does medical debt count on your credit check? To what extent?
                          CBPO
                          GEO - NY/JFK
                          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                          PE Forms - Completed
                          Fitness - Completed
                          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                          Drug Screen - Completed
                          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                          TSU

EOD: ???
                          FLETC: ???

Comment

• Hi all, I am new to the forum i previously worked for a large fire department as a logistics tech in CA but lost my job after 8 years of service. I have been trying to get back on as an arson investigator some wear since that is my trained profession. But The cbp officer looks like it something up my ally. I take my test in San Diego on Tuesday it about 500 mile trip one way. My question is i am also up for a bunch of tso position with the tsa, will that affect me because they are both homeland security. I want work and ill begin low if i have to. Is the cbp officer hiring process a long process time wise i am used to 6 to 12 month hiring process before but it looks like some of u have been at it for over a year my plan is to enlist as a IS with the navy if i cant find solid work or be on the path by march of next year. I supporting my family by doing armed guard work atm. I applied for se region in my app. But would accept pretty much any position location, will i have to opportunity if i get to that step to take what ever is open ie. sw pnw, Atlantic. Thank all
                            cbpo
                            test 7-12-11
                            nor 8-31-2011 score 86 swb

iso
                            test 8-23-11

bpa
                            test 9-6-2011
                            nor 9-28-2011 score 90
                            geo ca

sps
                            geo Houston Texas
                            nor 8-1-2011 score 92

FBI evidence tech
                            application received 8-15-2011

Tsa
                            cbt passed 10-12-2009
                            c/o 8-2-2010
                            credit check 10-1-2010
                            e86 turned in 8-6-2010
                            airport assessment waiting for call

Comment

• Originally posted by sacfireinvest View Post
                              Hi all, I am new to the forum i previously worked for a large fire department as a logistics tech in CA but lost my job after 8 years of service. I have been trying to get back on as an arson investigator some wear since that is my trained profession. But The cbp officer looks like it something up my ally. I take my test in San Diego on Tuesday it about 500 mile trip one way. My question is i am also up for a bunch of tso position with the tsa, will that affect me because they are both homeland security. I want work and ill begin low if i have to. Is the cbp officer hiring process a long process time wise i am used to 6 to 12 month hiring process before but it looks like some of u have been at it for over a year my plan is to enlist as a IS with the navy if i cant find solid work or be on the path by march of next year. I supporting my family by doing armed guard work atm. I applied for se region in my app. But would accept pretty much any position location, will i have to opportunity if i get to that step to take what ever is open ie. sw pnw, Atlantic. Thank all
                              If you read the thread you will see that this is a very long process...
                              2 year for the SWB region and 2-4 years anywhere else. Took me 3 years 11 months for Florida... I'm about to begin my 2nd week of pre-academy training at my POE before I head out to the academy on the 25th. Do the test and if get the offer complete every step as they come along, but by all means move along with your life. Look for other employment in the meantime, TSA or anything you can get your hands in... nothing is going to get you in quicker, just bite the bullet and play the waiting game like everyone else.
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by dghai62 View Post
                                hey guys i remember there was a forum member here who applied for MDC Brooklyn for BOP. I wanted to ask a question on the BOP so if anyone who has info on that, can you please reply to the forum or PM me? thanks

i know i am totally off topic but i just remembered someone on here on their timeline had a BOP status also.

thanks.
                                Shoot me a pm too if you have questions about the BOP. I have been a CO for 2 years, though I am leaving soon.
                                What is Perseverance?
                                -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
                                -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
                                -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN.

BOP - BPA - ICE

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13819 users online. 453 members and 13366 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X