What's your timeline? TO and TSU...
    what is your timeline pecachac?

Comment

• what your geo location TopGunn?
      TO: 4/09/09
      Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
      TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Scheduled the PFT1 for Monday. Heres an updated timeline if anyone cares.
        CBPO TSL 5/25/11 | MED 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | PFT1 7/18/11 | VBT 7/20/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11

BPA TSL 5/24/11 | MED/PFT1 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | OB 7/22/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11 | TSU 8/22/11 | EOD 9/12/11

Comment

• Originally posted by Khue View Post
          what your geo location TopGunn?
          Washington/all others

Comment

• That supervisor shouldn't have done that. He should have simply authenticated the former employees employment period and said nothing else.

Even though he has some degree of immunity, if the other supervisor would have given him a good reference and his peers all gave good references, I would consider the act malicious if I were that prospective employee. "Lazy" and chronic lateness require back-up proof, otherwise they are false and malicious statements.

Edit:
            Forget it, it seems that former employers have absolute immunity when speaking with government talent seekers.
            Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 07-13-2011, 06:48 PM.
            CBPO
            GEO - NY/JFK
            TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
            PE Forms - Completed
            Fitness - Completed
            VBT - 03/09 - Completed
            Drug Screen - Completed
            Qual - 05/09 - Completed
            B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
            Medical - 05/09 - Completed
            TSU

EOD: ???
            FLETC: ???

Comment

• TopGunn,

Geo location is Washington/all others
              TO 2007
              TSU 2009
              My background went back to security office. I had to redo my background investigation again.

Comment

• Originally posted by pecachac View Post
                TopGunn,

TO 2007
                TSU 2009
                My background went back to security office. I had to redo my background investigation again.

Wow! That's a long time. You got your TO back to 2007 and still no call! I am glad I didn't select all other in Washington. How you putting up?
                TO: 4/09/09
                Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by pecachac View Post
                  TopGunn,

TO 2007
                  TSU 2009
                  A guy at FLETC and a guy about to report for pre-academy both have TOs after yours...you must have had some snags in your process..or just bad timing with your background pending...my case is in security office as well but just a refresher. i hope it doesnt take long.

Comment

• Do the new geo locations apply for the people that tested on 12/10?

Comment

• Hey everyone im new to this thread and just wanted to let u guys in on my current hiring with US Customs and wanted to see what your guys thoughts are. Im currently 23 years old with a bachelors in cj and int relations i took the test in Dec of 2010 scored a 95 with no VET points received my TO June 16th and since then have submitted my TO pacakage, the second TO package which is done through Equip , sent in my fingerprints, my BI has already begun and took my physical and medical yesterday and did 75 pushups 58 situps , 18 seconds on the box lift, 17 side steps and passed the step up portion , now im just waiting on the structured interview. Ive read on here that i will be waiting for about 3 more years and what not but have heard otherwise from the inside have 2 friends who went in 1 year ago and the process from the test to EOD was 1 year, my parents which are both GS 15 in Customs 1 for ICE and the other for CBP have told me i just have months left so im very uneasy about the whole process and anxious to say the least, Please fill me in cause i also see everyones hiring process has been different as far as which part has been first and how their BI didnt begin till after the physical/medical and interview and my BI has already begun with no interview
                      Test - 12/2010
                      NOR- 2/2011-score 97
                      TO- 6/2011
                      Medical- 7/2011-Complete
                      Physical- 7/2011-Complete
                      Met with BI- 8/2011-Complete
                      VBT/SI- 8/11/2011
                      Drug Test ?

Comment

• Originally posted by rsx5045 View Post
                        Hey everyone im new to this thread and just wanted to let u guys in on my current hiring with US Customs and wanted to see what your guys thoughts are. Im currently 23 years old with a bachelors in cj and int relations i took the test in Dec of 2010 scored a 95 with no VET points received my TO June 16th and since then have submitted my TO pacakage, the second TO package which is done through Equip , sent in my fingerprints, my BI has already begun and took my physical and medical yesterday and did 75 pushups 58 situps , 18 seconds on the box lift, 17 side steps and passed the step up portion , now im just waiting on the structured interview. Ive read on here that i will be waiting for about 3 more years and what not but have heard otherwise from the inside have 2 friends who went in 1 year ago and the process from the test to EOD was 1 year, my parents which are both GS 15 in Customs 1 for ICE and the other for CBP have told me i just have months left so im very uneasy about the whole process and anxious to say the least, Please fill me in cause i also see everyones hiring process has been different as far as which part has been first and how their BI didnt begin till after the physical/medical and interview and my BI has already begun with no interview
                        Your BI actually begins when you're interviewed... They'll do pre-checks on you prior to that, but it really begins when you meet the investigator, after that it goes to IA where an adjudicator will make the decision on your case... This takes anywhere from 6 months to 2 years depending on how complex your BI is, and how quick they actually get to your file. The times where people went through in no time, with "interim" clearances is far gone... If you applied for the SWB expect at least 2 years, and much longer for any other region. Don't let the pace of the first steps fool you into thinking that it's all going really quick! This part of the process is, as you can see there are applicants that have been sitting in TSU with all their steps completed for 2 years and are taken out to redo their BI all over again. The days of high ranking family having any pull on the process are gone as well, since the hiring process is handled by a contracted agency... so the good ol' boys network doesn't really work with CBP anymore.
                        Just throwing it out there if you're thinking that this will help you get in any quicker, since you brought up your parents status.
                        Your friends that went in, in 1 year, weren't the quickest as well...we know of a few that went from testing to hire in 3 months just a few years ago. Also, the practice of picking people up because they had their steps completed before someone else is no longer done... if there are applicants with steps completed with a TO from 08', 09' and 10'... they will get picked up before someone with completed steps and a TO from 11'.
                        I know I may sound like I'm trying to bring you down, but I'm giving the reality of the situation... Took me 3 years and 11 months from Test to EOD, and many repeated steps as they expired when time just blew by waiting.
                        Keep a grim outlook and you'll be pleasantly surprised when it comes before you were actually expecting it to...

Best of Luck in your process, and welcome to the board!
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Hey yoda congrats on your entrance i bet your extremely excited, yea i definetly know i am in for a long wait just dont know what to take in and what to go by as i have had different responses in all this. Thats where im really confused because i had applied back in 2009 for CBP and had scored a 93 on the exam and then in 2010 they told me i had to reapply as the test had changed, during that time i never received a TO and was under the impression that everyone in Miami had retaken the exam since everyone who i knew that had applied had to redo it as well and now some of us are in the same process, and as far as the BI its cause theyve spoken to some ppl i know as well as done an inquiry on my credit. And during the second TO ther letter they sent stated they were going to begin on my BI because they were trying to expedite the process.. anyways im hoping for the best but expecting the worst lol.. keep us up to date on FLETC im too excited to start , but just sucks i might be in for a long wait
                          Test - 12/2010
                          NOR- 2/2011-score 97
                          TO- 6/2011
                          Medical- 7/2011-Complete
                          VBT/SI- 8/11/2011
                          Drug Test ?

Comment

• Originally posted by baron6 View Post
                            For most of you guys who are in this process for 2-3 years, what are you guys doing in the meantime? What kind of job are you guys doing?

Right now I am assuming everyone is either a police officer or sheriff.

Anyways, I have my written test on the 25th. Wish me luck
                            Hey Baron. Took the exam in April '08. I am the supervisor of the international department for a large private company. Previous job I did imports/exports and unloaded trucks/trains for CBPO's so they could inspect. Currently working on 2nd background. Approved for GS-7.
                            Last edited by Beecy; 07-13-2011, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Last edited by rsx5045; 07-13-2011, 11:17 PM.
                              Test - 12/2010
                              NOR- 2/2011-score 97
                              TO- 6/2011
                              Medical- 7/2011-Complete
                              VBT/SI- 8/11/2011
                              Drug Test ?

Comment

• Originally posted by xtrider View Post
                                I got a TO for Miami too. I just did my fitness today. I think we are heading for a long wait
                                hey this is adr just changed my username how did u do on ur physical and medical i also had it tuesday july 12 at kendall physicians u ?
                                Test - 12/2010
                                NOR- 2/2011-score 97
                                TO- 6/2011
                                Medical- 7/2011-Complete
                                VBT/SI- 8/11/2011
                                Drug Test ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9335 users online. 436 members and 8899 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X