300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jaxamillian View Post
    So is changing your preferred GEO to SW Border in order to receive a TO a way of expediting the whole process? Not that I did that with that intent, but if I understand correctly it seems it would work.

I received a TO for Cali SW Border after I changed my GEO from WA State, but really am more interested in WA State. If I change back, will I prolong the process a great deal?
    if you're just starting out in the process, NO... but if you have been in the process for a while (1 year+) it will indeed slow it down in the sense that your TO date will be newer, and this is how they pick out new hires... by TO date. So you'll be far behind than those that had applied before you. If you have 4+ years before you hit 37, I'd say shoot for the geo you really want, cause moving back to the north west from the SWB will be next to impossible.
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO11 View Post
      Just passed by PFT2. Just a few more days til i head out to my duty station in Seattle. Cant wait!!
      Are you actually going to be in Seattle?
      Last edited by 1806; 07-13-2011, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• yoda im going to the range thurs, did they offer you range shooting practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by xtrider View Post
          I got a TO for Miami too. I just did my fitness today. I think we are heading for a long wait
          Hey xtrider when did you take your entrance exam? I'm also here waiting on "The Call" for Miami

Comment

• good luck with that you just tested back in december you wont get hired this year.
            Exam: FEB 2007
            GEO: San Diego, CA
            Qualifications: Completed GS-7
            Medical: used existing. recertified in DEC 2010
            PFT 1 Test:12/30/2011
            VBT: middle 2009. expires in middle 2012
            Drug Screening: 10/27/2011
            BI: completed meet investigator in Sep 2009 cleared in April 2010 recleared in april 2011 I have a green checks for like the 4th time lets see how long they last. I hope I dont have to do another VBT.

Originally posted by gcangelstar View Post
            Hey everyone I know everyone is saying the process takes 2-3 years to clear, but from what I am seeing there is a lot of people that have been going through this process pretty fast. Sorry, maybe I am just keeping my hopes up that we will get picked up this year. I noticed that a few weeks ago there were new job openings for cbp, do you think this means that cbp still needs more people this year?
            CBPO
            Test: 12/9/10
            NOR: 1/07/11
            T.O. 4/1/11
            Med/fitness- 5/13/11
            (Qualifications and premployment forms cleared 6/20/11)
            VBT- scheduled form 7/26/11
            Background Investigator Meeting-?
            Drug Test-?
            Geo: Southwest border
            Last edited by *El Famoso 818*; 07-13-2011, 04:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
              yoda im going to the range thurs, did they offer you range shooting practice.
              yes
              CBPO
              Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
              TO: 2/2011
              Medical: 3/22/2011
              PT Test: 3/22/2011
              VBT: 3/2011
              Background: 3/2011
              Drug Test: 4/2011
              Referred to TSU: 5/2011
              PT Test 2: TBD
              FLETC: Good Question lol
              CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
              Info Session 9/2009
              Interview 3/2010
              COE 5/2010
              Medical 5/2010
              Fit/Background 7/2010
              All clear as of 11/2010
              FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

Yes, I was told we would... But no set day as of yet.
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Cool stuff!

Comment

• I changed my geographic location. I won't say where but I feel like I would be dissatisfied with the majority of ports offered in the Northeast. I am still waiting to hear back from MHC regarding my change.

Maybe a TO will find it's way to my inbox now.

Comment

When I was pre-FLETC, they let trainees shoot only one mag...hope your range officers are more generous. Haha!

Comment

• Originally posted by SDfed619 View Post
                        When I was pre-FLETC, they let trainees shoot only one mag...hope your range officers are more generous. Haha!
                        Hey SDfed-

if it's cool with you I'd like to ask some questions via PM or email. I have a TO for Cali SW Border.

One question about that: Can I specifically request SD as my geo location? SW Cali Border includes several locations, I am wondering if I could specifically choose SD.

Comment

• So the other day one of my boys that are in the process with me investigator comes by the job to interview a couple people he put down as references. He got flying colors from his peers. The supervisor that he was supposed to meet was not there yet and he wound up speaking to different supervisor which I think dragged him through the dirt on how is attendance is bad and that he is lazy. Do you think that this would play a major part in him gettting hired or would the investigator ask someone in management about him as a employee and person? Hes a good dude and that sucks.
                          CBP: CBPO
                          EOD: 10/11/11 (South Texas)

Comment

• Originally posted by jaxamillian View Post
                            Hey SDfed-

if it's cool with you I'd like to ask some questions via PM or email. I have a TO for Cali SW Border.

One question about that: Can I specifically request SD as my geo location? SW Cali Border includes several locations, I am wondering if I could specifically choose SD.
                            Jax - I welcome anyone to PM me. That's why I am here. In response to your question...No, you cannot specifically request San Diego. However, the majority of the ports are within San Diego. The only exception to those ports would be Calexico and Andrade/Winterhaven which are in the Imperial Valley. Your chances of getting San Diego are pretty good...San Ysidro will be needing A LOT of CBPOs.
                            Last edited by SDfed619; 07-13-2011, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BKsfinest10 View Post
                              So the other day one of my boys that are in the process with me investigator comes by the job to interview a couple people he put down as references. He got flying colors from his peers. The supervisor that he was supposed to meet was not there yet and he wound up speaking to different supervisor which I think dragged him through the dirt on how is attendance is bad and that he is lazy. Do you think that this would play a major part in him gettting hired or would the investigator ask someone in management about him as a employee and person? Hes a good dude and that sucks.
                              If his attendance is poor and he is lazy, I would not want to work with someone like that. That being said, the investigator takes all information good and bad and gives it to an adjudicator who makes the decision.

Comment

• CBPO11,

What's your timeline? TO and TSU...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8747 users online. 218 members and 8529 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X