300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
    I start tomorrow as well, I was out by 15:30 today though...
    Cool man. I'm watching border wars nogales, az. On Nat geographic.

Comment

• FYI- Medical Just cleared for the 2nd time.. Took about 2 weeks to clear.. Now the waiting begins again.. Pretty sure my Background is going to expire soon..
      CBPO
      GEO - NY/JFK
      TO - 01/29/09
      TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
      Expired 6/10/11
      Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• Hey Yoda. When did you change your duty location to Orlando? It seems like you did that after you received your TO? Isn't that right?

Comment

• Hi guys, I'm new to the CBP officer game. Anyone know how long the whole process takes? I know city cops' whole process takes about 4-12 months. Is this the same with the CBP officer position? Also, just curious what does TO stand for? (I've been reading this forum for a couple days now with that accronym come up numerous times).

Comment

• Originally posted by lapd310 View Post
            Hi guys, I'm new to the CBP officer game. Anyone know how long the whole process takes? I know city cops' whole process takes about 4-12 months. Is this the same with the CBP officer position? Also, just curious what does TO stand for? (I've been reading this forum for a couple days now with that accronym come up numerous times).

2-4 years is more likely for CBPO. TO = Tentative Offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
              2-4 years is more likely for CBPO. TO = Tentative Offer.
              I just read your footnote, a score of 100 with no TO yet in the Northeast...shows where I really stand with a 96 for the Northeast.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                I just read your footnote, a score of 100 with no TO yet in the Northeast...shows where I really stand with a 96 for the Northeast.
                Yeah, I'm a current fed employee so I am well accustomed to the saying "Hurry up and wait", I'm only 4 years away from the 37 year old cutoff so I hope I can get in with CBP before that day arrives.

Comment

• Just passed by PFT2. Just a few more days til i head out to my duty station in Seattle. Cant wait!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO11 View Post
                    Just passed by PFT2. Just a few more days til i head out to my duty station in Seattle. Cant wait!!
                    Congrats man! Which academy date are you going to?
                    CBPO
                    Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                    TO: 2/2011
                    Medical: 3/22/2011
                    PT Test: 3/22/2011
                    VBT: 3/2011
                    Background: 3/2011
                    Drug Test: 4/2011
                    Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                    PT Test 2: TBD
                    FLETC: Good Question lol
                    CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                    Info Session 9/2009
                    Interview 3/2010
                    COE 5/2010
                    Medical 5/2010
                    Fit/Background 7/2010
                    All clear as of 11/2010
                    FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• I wish I could see who received a TO and their score...to gauge where I stand. Honestly I will go anywhere but I don't want to get STUCK somewhere not so disirable for a good 10 years or my career.

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                        I wish I could see who received a TO and their score...to gauge where I stand. Honestly I will go anywhere but I don't want to get STUCK somewhere not so disirable for a good 10 years or my career.
                        I currently work for TSA, I love my job despite what others think about the agency and job itself. I would be happy to stay with TSA for my career but I feel that I'm capable of more, hence my pursuit of a position with CBP. I would be more than happy to go anywhere for a position with CBP, Southwest border included, but I'm married and my wife would like to remain in the New England area because of family, I'm lucky she's still on board now that they are giving out TOs by region and not state.

I'm waiting patiently.......you should too, a 96 is a very good score, I'm confident you'll get a TO eventually, I keep telling myself that they have a major priority with the Southwest border and once they get staffing levels where they need to be we'll start seeing more offers for non-SWB ports.

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO11 View Post
                          Just passed by PFT2. Just a few more days til i head out to my duty station in Seattle. Cant wait!!
                          Congrats

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry View Post
                            Hey Yoda. When did you change your duty location to Orlando? It seems like you did that after you received your TO? Isn't that right?
                            Yes, my initial app was for LA/Long Beach in 2007 and I re-applied in 2008 to Florida in order to get the geo I really wanted...
                            Once I received the TO for Florida all of my steps transferred over and the original TO for LA was withdrawn.
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              Yes, my initial app was for LA/Long Beach in 2007 and I re-applied in 2008 to Florida in order to get the geo I really wanted...
                              Once I received the TO for Florida all of my steps transferred over and the original TO for LA was withdrawn.
                              So is changing your preferred GEO to SW Border in order to receive a TO a way of expediting the whole process? Not that I did that with that intent, but if I understand correctly it seems it would work.

I received a TO for Cali SW Border after I changed my GEO from WA State, but really am more interested in WA State. If I change back, will I prolong the process a great deal?

Comment

• Originally posted by adrielrimola View Post
                                Hey everyone im new here to this thread ,anyways i just got my Tentative Selection Offer which i already submitted as well as the finger prints and the Tentative Selection Offer packet 2 which is for my background but i still havent been scheduled for my physical, medical, or drug test. I applied to Miami and received several options to change to swb but decided not too and finally received the TO in my Miami so i am def excited but want to know if anyone here is around the same steps as me or if they went through the same steps and what should i expect, thanks alot and good luck to everyone here
                                I got a TO for Miami too. I just did my fitness today. I think we are heading for a long wait

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9710 users online. 317 members and 9393 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X