Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i ask you a question? when i met with my investigator the same day he visited a couple of my neighbors who are not my references just people who know me, the references i specified in my resume haven`t been contacted yet, was that the case with you?

Comment

• Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
      can i ask you a question? when i met with my investigator the same day he visited a couple of my neighbors who are not my references just people who know me, the references i specified in my resume haven`t been contacted yet, was that the case with you?
      That's normal, they want to meet your neighbors. The BI doesn't all happen at once. Most of the BIs have several they do at any one given time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwm0516 View Post
        That's normal, they want to meet your neighbors. The BI doesn't all happen at once. Most of the BIs have several they do at any one given time.

What if you don't really talk with your neighbors? I recently moved in to my neighborhood and the most talk I do with my neighbors is the greeting of the day. Would this affect your status?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gabbanelli911 View Post
          What if you don't really talk with your neighbors? I recently moved in to my neighborhood and the most talk I do with my neighbors is the greeting of the day. Would this affect your status?
          I think that they are just trying to make sure that you aren't a miscreant or dirtbag and what opinion they might have of you.

Comment

• BI keeps dragging along at turtle speed

Monday I placed a call once again to MHC to see if there was any updates, or at least any information on my BI... They told me there's nothing they can do about it, it says "PENDING" and that's all they know.... So I looked into my Old emails and I found the address for the Investigator that met with me on Dec. 29th, 2007... I wrote him an email asking to see if there was anything he could tell me about my progress, and guess what.....NOTHING
            He replied promptly, which was greatly appreciated, stating that he did his job and passed on the information to the office in Washington and that it is up to them...and that he has no way of knowing anything...
            Seriously, this is getting to be extremely ridiculous...I have nothing in my past that would be considered "criminal" or "Bad" credit, how is it possible that this is taking so damn long. I'm getting to the point that I just want a YES or a NO, and not have to keep waiting, all the while seeing how people get cleared left and right in almost no time at all
            There are a few of us that are the exception, but everyone else just goes by like nothing.
            Sorry for venting like this, but I have no other outlet, and since we all are going through the same process you guys might be a bit more understanding.
            I wish all of you a Jolly Day
            Last edited by yoda; 07-15-2008, 01:57 PM.
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• What does it take to qualify for an interim background investigation? Does the CBP select you based on need or do you request it?

Comment

• Originally posted by gms632 View Post
                What does it take to qualify for an interim background investigation? Does the CBP select you based on need or do you request it?
                its just something to do to hurry things up and get you down to fletc for training. when i went it seemed half my class didnt know if their b.i. cleared yet. then you see people start getting pulled outta class and signing forms acknowledging a past marijuana charge, for example. its pretty stressful actually. i would much prefer to go down there knowing your good to go on everything

Comment

• BI keeps dragging along at turtle speed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday I placed a call once again to MHC to see if there was any updates, or at least any information on my BI... They told me there's nothing they can do about it, it says "PENING" and that's all they know.... So I looked into my Old emails and I found the address for the Investigator that met with me on Dec. 29th, 2007... I wrote him an email asking to see if there was anything he could tell me about my progress, and guess what.....NOTHING
                  He replied promptly, which was greatly appreciated, stating that he did his job and passed on the information to the office in Washington and that it is up to them...and that he has no way of knowing anything...
                  Seriously, this is getting to be extremely ridiculous...I have nothing in my past that would be considered "criminal" or "Bad" credit, how is it possible that this is taking so damn long. I'm getting to the point that I just want a YES or a NO, and not have to keep waiting, all the while seeing how people get cleared left and right in almost no time at all
                  There are a few of us that are the exception, but everyone else just goes by like nothing.
                  Sorry for venting like this, but I have no other outlet, and since we all are going through the same process you guys might be a bit more understanding.
                  Medical: Clear
                  Drug Test: Clear
                  VBT: Passed
                  BI: Pending (Met with Investigator in 12/2007)
                  ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Same here, my current job is offering me a promotion and I am putting a hold on to it. I can't make a decision unless I get a decision from CBP. I don't want to take the promotion and leave a month later, which would make look greedy.

Comment

• Back Grounds--An interim clearance is given if all automated checks are returned without any negative issues. If anything negative is discovered then you have to wait for the long investigation to be processed. The length of the process is anybody's guess. There are many people involved in the process if your package happens to get placed in the in box of someone on vacation and/or someone who is rather incompetent then it will obviously take much longer than others. Also not all investigators will contact all of your provided references, it all depends on the case and the number of developed references obtained. Really your provided references are the least reliable. As it was explained to me, if you are at the point of the BI the agency has determined they want to hire you and it is the job of the BI to tell them why they should not, while writing a non-biased report.

The BI or the agency doesn't care how long you've been living at a residence. You'd be surprised how much information your neighbors are able to provide about you, if they are observant. They don't even have to know your name as long as they know where you live. Think about the information you know about your neighbors. How many have been arrested or had police contact at their residence? How many buy a new car every other month? How many have people stopping by their house at all times of the night for short visits? When you start thinking about things in this way there is a lot of information that can be obtained to lead the investigator in the right direction.

When I was doing BI's, unless there was some issue that prevented me from completing the investigation, it was all done in one week. I didn't receive credit for any work done until I submitted the investigation. This does not mean the investigation was completed as other investigators might have different parts or information was discovered needing to be resolved and scheduled out to another investigator.
                    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• TO's

Hey was curious if they issue T.O.'s only after the hiring vacancy closes, or if you have an old test score that they honored, will they throw you right in the pool?

Comment

• Originally posted by barnaj View Post
                        Hey was curious if they issue T.O.'s only after the hiring vacancy closes, or if you have an old test score that they honored, will they throw you right in the pool?
                        Most likely the government will wait until the vacany closes, the testing is completing, and the scores have been issued. That will give the best pool of applicants to pull TO's.

Comment

• Congrats Dfly

You are very lucky. That is the last class that graduates prior to the Season Greetings/Happy New Year holidays (you grad 12/18/08).

All I can say, "I wish I was you". Again, you hit the nail on the head at the right time. Good luck @ the Academy and most important, have fun.

Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                          Well its official... start date in Miami is August 4th with FLETC date September 3rd. Thanks to everyone for all the info they have supplied since I joined this forum. Ill pass along any knowledge I have of the process, and academy life as I go through it. Thanks to everyone again.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronze01 View Post
                            You are very lucky. That is the last class that graduates prior to the Season Greetings/Happy New Year holidays (you grad 12/18/08).

All I can say, "I wish I was you". Again, you hit the nail on the head at the right time. Good luck @ the Academy and most important, have fun.

Thank you... ha ha ha... I guess I did get a little lucky with the grad date.
                            Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                            Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                            Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by bronze01 View Post

He is lucky he just beat it. Congrats

Comment

• Yoda

Originally posted by yoda View Post
                                Monday I placed a call once again to MHC to see if there was any updates, or at least any information on my BI... They told me there's nothing they can do about it, it says "PENDING" and that's all they know.... So I looked into my Old emails and I found the address for the Investigator that met with me on Dec. 29th, 2007... I wrote him an email asking to see if there was anything he could tell me about my progress, and guess what.....NOTHING
                                I could not agree with you more. Too add to that, I still have my Quals pending. They have not even marked that "Completed". So I feel two steps behind. My VBT results took 10 weeks for me to get my results. Many people seem to move much quicker on many steps and I have no idea why.

I also contacted my BI Investigator and got the same exact answer as you. I am venting as well.

Good Luck to you.

jrq16

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5896 users online. 338 members and 5558 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X