Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
    Update Eod jul 11
    Fletc July 26- dec 1 Woot got my final offer.
    Had to stop on the road to check if you had posted your dates...
    I got the same ones as well...
    Already in AZ!
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

    Comment


    • Damn must be hot driving through AZ. Good luck bro.
      Test: dec2008
      TSU:09/09
      CALL: 06/11
      EOD:07/11
      Fletc:07/11-12/11

      Comment


      • Since they merged all the ports into regions has anyone received a TO?

        Comment


        • I put in for the Southeast announcement but I already have a TO for the SW border and have gone through almost all of the steps except for the VBT which I have in about 2 weeks. My question is how far along in the process can I go before getting to the point of no return as far as waiting/hoping for another TO to come for the Southeast?
          I have been told that if I get the second TO that it will overwite the first one for the SWB and all my steps I have gone through thus far will transfer over to the new TO. I'm just concerned that I may complete everything for the first TO before I may ever get a second one, so just curious how far I can be with the first one and still be able to have the TOs essentially switch with each other.
          CBPO
          Test: 12/6/10
          NOR: 1/25/11
          T.O. 5/25/11
          Geo: Laredo, TX

          Comment


          • Originally posted by GUILE View Post
            I put in for the Southeast announcement but I already have a TO for the SW border and have gone through almost all of the steps except for the VBT which I have in about 2 weeks. My question is how far along in the process can I go before getting to the point of no return as far as waiting/hoping for another TO to come for the Southeast?
            I have been told that if I get the second TO that it will overwite the first one for the SWB and all my steps I have gone through thus far will transfer over to the new TO. I'm just concerned that I may complete everything for the first TO before I may ever get a second one, so just curious how far I can be with the first one and still be able to have the TOs essentially switch with each other.
            I was considering this as well Guile. I think I am going to put these flight benefits to work that I have and shoot out to the SWB next week to see how it is, how people are living out there, and if I could see myself there. What city do you guys think I should hit first?
            CBP: CBPO
            EOD: 10/11/11 (South Texas)

            Comment


            • Ok and while I'm in the question asking frame of mind lol, its says to wear Business Casual for the VBT. I had been planning on wearing a suit to the inverview. Would this be too much of an overkill? What did you all wear that have taken the VBT?
              CBPO
              Test: 12/6/10
              NOR: 1/25/11
              T.O. 5/25/11
              Geo: Laredo, TX

              Comment


              • I wore a suit, so did the other kid who showed up.
                CBPO
                GEO - NY/JFK
                TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

                TO - 01/09
                PE Forms - Completed
                Fitness - Completed
                VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                Drug Screen - Completed
                Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                TSU


                EOD: ???
                FLETC: ???

                Comment


                • Yes wear a suit. You could probably do it with out a suit jacket on but just use some sense, don't look sloppy and don't look like you are going out to a club. And make sure they turn the record button on! I had to do it twice in a row because they forgot to record my answers!
                  CBPO
                  TO - 05/08 JFK
                  EOD - 12/05/2011

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                    Since they merged all the ports into regions has anyone received a TO?

                    I was wondering the same thing with the exception of, has anyone received a TO for a region other than Southwest or Southeast? I know there is a blitz for SW and even hiring in Georgia but there must be a need to add a few people in the pipeline for the other non SW or SE ports.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
                      I was wondering the same thing with the exception of, has anyone received a TO for a region other than Southwest or Southeast? I know there is a blitz for SW and even hiring in Georgia but there must be a need to add a few people in the pipeline for the other non SW or SE ports.
                      Most are going to the border, then to other ports. After CBP has successfully staffed the border. Then other port will be hiring cause from what I see at SFO they need officers, but border has taken priority.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by GUILE View Post
                        I put in for the Southeast announcement but I already have a TO for the SW border and have gone through almost all of the steps except for the VBT which I have in about 2 weeks. My question is how far along in the process can I go before getting to the point of no return as far as waiting/hoping for another TO to come for the Southeast?
                        I have been told that if I get the second TO that it will overwite the first one for the SWB and all my steps I have gone through thus far will transfer over to the new TO. I'm just concerned that I may complete everything for the first TO before I may ever get a second one, so just curious how far I can be with the first one and still be able to have the TOs essentially switch with each other.
                        You will have to take your TO date from the last applied GEO. So you won't get your original TO date, but all your steps will transfer over to new TO.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BKsfinest10 View Post
                          I was considering this as well Guile. I think I am going to put these flight benefits to work that I have and shoot out to the SWB next week to see how it is, how people are living out there, and if I could see myself there. What city do you guys think I should hit first?
                          Hey-

                          I don't know about where you should go first, but as a fellow SW Border TO person, I'd be very interested in hearing your results and findings!

                          Comment


                          • San ysidro and calixico. Laredo tx

                            Comment


                            • What is an average time for the 220yard dash? I tried it for the first time last night and averaged 39sec sprinting half the track. I am not sure if I am going the correct distance around the track or is it just that simple?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by waitingny View Post
                                What is an average time for the 220yard dash? I tried it for the first time last night and averaged 39sec sprinting half the track. I am not sure if I am going the correct distance around the track or is it just that simple?
                                Yes, that's half of the track. My guess is most people are around 35-42 seconds. I wouldn't kill yourself doing sprints though. Sprints are notorious for causing injuries compared to jogging. You'll be fine with that time.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 14743 users online. 465 members and 14278 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X