300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TopGunn View Post
    My background went pending a week ago and they stated in am due for a credit check. My question is for you guys who have had your background refreshed via credit check, how long after pending on CASS did it take for them to send the forms?
    Not long bout 2 weeks for me..
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TO - 01/29/09
    TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
    Expired 6/10/11
    Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
      You need to have all green checks to get the call. Work on that then you will get the call soon.
      Some people had green checks then things expired, recleared and got Green checks again.
      Some people have gone through the process 2 or even 3 times.. Its not right for them to pass you because your Bi Expired etc..and hire someone with a later TO..
      CBPO will have mutliple BIs anyway through out their carreer..at least for me.. i think like ever 5 years right?
      CBPO
      GEO - NY/JFK
      TO - 01/29/09
      TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
      Expired 6/10/11
      Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
        With all this talk about people getting "the call" recently... I was just wondering if anyone knew the area code that "the call" comes from? Usually everyday I receive 2-3 calls from various telemarketers or the like from around the country... and seldom answer my phone for that reason with numbers I don't recognize. But, if anyone knows or remembers the area code from wherever "the call" comes from... I can at least answer those calls Thanks...
        they call u from an unknown number

Comment

• Originally posted by cajunchik View Post
          Thanks!! I'm not sure of my date because I MISSED THE CALL!! Can you believe that?? I waited 2 years for that call and I missed it!! CBP left a message saying that I needed to call her right away for a job offer they have for me. I tried to call back but they were gone for the day. I will know more tomorrow. I would love to know what the PT2 test was like if you don't mind.
          Congratulation on THE CALL, cajunchik! I am so happy for you. Good luck with the PT2 and have fun at FLETC!
          TO: 4/09/09
          Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
          TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• I registered to take the test on Aug. 1. The study guide looks just like the HSI SA study guide. Does anyone know if you are allowed to take both tests, because I know you can only take the HSI SA test once a year and I'm unclear on whether they are the same test.
            Last edited by dnj1107; 07-07-2011, 12:15 PM.
            BPA:
            BPA exam: 2/23/11
            NOR: 3/2/11 (92)
            TSL1: 06/03/11
            TSL2: 06/03/11
            Medical: 7/7/11 (Being reviewed)
            PFT1: 7/7/11 Cleared
            Structured Interview:7/14/11-Passed
            BI: In the Security Office

HSI SA:
            Applied: 06/07/11

Comment

• Originally posted by dnj1107 View Post
              I registered to take the test on Aug. 1. The study guide looks just like the HSI SA study guide. Does anyone know if you are allowed to take both tests, because I know you can only take the HSI SA test once a year and I'm unclear on whether they are the same test.
              You are allowed to take both tests. Two completely different agencies.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                Anybody want the days of 3-6 month hires back...follow this link and hit up your Congressman to support HR 1561...the PORTS act.

Among other things, the act moves to hire 5000 new CBPOs.

Prospective hires...edit the last paragraph to reflect your prospective status.

http://capwiz.com/nteu/issues/alert/...174501&type=CO
                i just did it. anything to help the potential cbpo like myself, to get a quicker eod, i'm in.
                CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
                Test: 12/2010
                NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
                TO: 6/7/2011
                PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
                Equip: 6/13/2011
                FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
                VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
                BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
                Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
                Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
                Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
                got the call: 9/20/2011
                PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
                NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
                New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

• Originally posted by dnj1107 View Post
                  I registered to take the test on Aug. 1. The study guide looks just like the HSI SA study guide. Does anyone know if you are allowed to take both tests, because I know you can only take the HSI SA test once a year and I'm unclear on whether they are the same test.
                  You can take the BPA test, the ICE test, the CBPO test, and the CBPAS test if you want. They don't care.

Comment

• Can you apply for more than one job within CBP at the same time?

Comment

• Hey everyone I have a quick question, what does it mean when the cass system says " your case is in the security office" this is posted next to background investigation. It's Been like this for about 3 wks.
                      CBPO
                      Test- 12/9/10
                      NOR- 1/07/11
                      T.O.- 4/1/11
                      Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
                      Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
                      Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
                      Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
                      Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
                      Pft2- ?
                      Eod- ?

Comment

• Update Eod jul 11
                        Fletc July 26- dec 1 Woot got my final offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by gcangelstar View Post
                          Hey everyone I have a quick question, what does it mean when the cass system says " your case is in the security office" this is posted next to background investigation. It's Been like this for about 3 wks.
                          mine took 9 months to clear. It just means that your case is with the adjudicator. If it doesn't clear I'm a few months call them.

Comment

• Originally posted by gemini318 View Post
                            Can you apply for more than one job within CBP at the same time?
                            Yes, as long as it's not the same
                            Position different location, you can only choose one geo.
                            Last edited by friscoplayrsf; 07-07-2011, 04:56 PM.

Comment

• Thanks thoughtless, with 12 ports in East Texas and MHC doing some non-border hiring hopefully they will get to East Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
                                Yes, as long as it's not the same
                                Position different location, you can only choir one geo.
                                cool thanks

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6729 users online. 171 members and 6558 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X