Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Yoda!

Comment

• Since am going to be waiting for about to 2 yrs to get called, is there anything I can do or should be doing in the mean time? Like classes or courses, stuff like that? Anything that would prepare me better?

Comment

• Hey, been waiting for a while and I recently got my fingerprint cards. The thing is, I haven't gotten anything previously, so I don't know if I have any CASS access since I received no Tentative Selection letter. Is this common? These fingerprint cards popped out of nowhere in my mail one day, and now I'm kind of curious if I'm currently in the process. This isn't a bad thing, but I don't want to be scheduled for something and have no idea about it, then be disqualified because I didn't show up for a board, fitness, or medical appointment. I just sent the cards back now, and phones are closed right now so I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone else had the same thing happen. Gonna email them, but don't know how long that'll take.

Comment

• Originally posted by BKsfinest10 View Post
          Hey guys,

An investigator came by today for a friend of mine at work talking to some people that know him and one supervisor. He asked certain things about the individual. Should I be worried about my places of travel because apart from the Federal Govt I work for an airline as well and have about 20 stamps in my passport from around the world some places more than others. On the eqip I filled out all my places of travel. Question I guess I am getting at would the places one has traveled get one the third degree from an investigator, disqualified from the process, or get put in for a "for sure" polygraph?

Thanks
          No issue, just be upfront and honest with you BI about everything and you will be fine. There are some CBPO's that were airline employees in the past, so no biggy.
          CBPO
          Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
          TO: 2/2011
          Medical: 3/22/2011
          PT Test: 3/22/2011
          VBT: 3/2011
          Background: 3/2011
          Drug Test: 4/2011
          Referred to TSU: 5/2011
          PT Test 2: TBD
          FLETC: Good Question lol
          CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
          Info Session 9/2009
          Interview 3/2010
          COE 5/2010
          Medical 5/2010
          Fit/Background 7/2010
          All clear as of 11/2010
          FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by gemini318 View Post
            Since am going to be waiting for about to 2 yrs to get called, is there anything I can do or should be doing in the mean time? Like classes or courses, stuff like that? Anything that would prepare me better?
            Just stay in decent shape, run a few miles every couple of days. Do situps and pushups. You could get the call for the fit test ANYTIME with a few days notice, so be ready. Just stay positive, and forget you applied. Also it would be good for you to call and check your status every once in awhile you know, just to stay fresh on peoples minds.
            CBPO
            CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
            Info Session 9/2009
            Interview 3/2010
            COE 5/2010
            Medical 5/2010
            Fit/Background 7/2010
            All clear as of 11/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishous View Post
              Hey, been waiting for a while and I recently got my fingerprint cards. The thing is, I haven't gotten anything previously, so I don't know if I have any CASS access since I received no Tentative Selection letter. Is this common? These fingerprint cards popped out of nowhere in my mail one day, and now I'm kind of curious if I'm currently in the process. This isn't a bad thing, but I don't want to be scheduled for something and have no idea about it, then be disqualified because I didn't show up for a board, fitness, or medical appointment. I just sent the cards back now, and phones are closed right now so I thought I'd ask here and see if anyone else had the same thing happen. Gonna email them, but don't know how long that'll take.
              I received finger print cards before everything else as well, you will be fine. Doesnt hurt to call and ask when they open up again. You will be fine.
              CBPO
              CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
              Info Session 9/2009
              Interview 3/2010
              COE 5/2010
              Medical 5/2010
              Fit/Background 7/2010
              All clear as of 11/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                Indeed we passed our PFT2!... Interesting to see that we were the only 2 people testing. I might add, to the recent naysayer, that if you're not in decent shape you will fail. It's not the hardest test around, but if you're not in OK shape it will be difficult to pass all the parts when taken together. Sure you might be able to do one at a time at home and see that you can pass, but you need to do all of them within 5 minutes from each other, and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Frisco see @ FLETC in August!...

BTW
                Be careful not to be too excited or drink coffee before the PFT2, they'll take your BP and if it's high you won't test...
                Lol yeah don't be like me and get excited. Lol. But it all worked out. And I'm telling all you future applicants to run, jog, lift weights now. Like yoga said it's not the hardest pft2. But believe us when we say you need to be in decent shape to complete this. Good luck everyone. I'm going to my job for my going away party.

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
                  Lol yeah don't be like me and get excited. Lol. But it all worked out. And I'm telling all you future applicants to run, jog, lift weights now. Like yoda said it's not the hardest pft2. But believe us when we say you need to be in decent shape to complete this. Good luck everyone. I'm going to my job for my going away party.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
                    Just stay in decent shape, run a few miles every couple of days. Do situps and pushups. You could get the call for the fit test ANYTIME with a few days notice, so be ready. Just stay positive, and forget you applied. Also it would be good for you to call and check your status every once in awhile you know, just to stay fresh on peoples minds.
                    I've been doing cross-fit for a few months and I go three times a week. Am in decent shape right now and will get better the more I stick with it. I did the Fit-1 test already and did the VBT last Friday. I haven't checked my status in awhile, it's a good idea to check. Thanks man, and good luck to you

Comment

• that means no BEER BELLY!

gemini, if you are doing crossfit then you will not have a problem. Im 100% sure, it'll be a cakewalk for you. Thank you, good luck as well.
                      Last edited by BiggyWannaBGman; 07-06-2011, 06:32 PM.
                      CBPO
                      CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                      Info Session 9/2009
                      Interview 3/2010
                      COE 5/2010
                      Medical 5/2010
                      Fit/Background 7/2010
                      All clear as of 11/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by BKsfinest10 View Post
                        Hey guys,

An investigator came by today for a friend of mine at work talking to some people that know him and one supervisor. He asked certain things about the individual. Should I be worried about my places of travel because apart from the Federal Govt I work for an airline as well and have about 20 stamps in my passport from around the world some places more than others. On the eqip I filled out all my places of travel. Question I guess I am getting at would the places one has traveled get one the third degree from an investigator, disqualified from the process, or get put in for a "for sure" polygraph?

Thanks
                        Unknown...maybe.

Travel to places like France, Australia and Canada is one thing, travel to places like Afghanistan, North Korea and Cuba is something else.

If it's all work-related I doubt the travel, in and of itself, is disqualifying. Could it be subject to additional scrutiny...to include a poly...absolutely. Your 'extra-curricular activities' while on business abroad might disqualify you...if you have those type of skeletons in your closet.

Comment

• numbers

With all this talk about people getting "the call" recently... I was just wondering if anyone knew the area code that "the call" comes from? Usually everyday I receive 2-3 calls from various telemarketers or the like from around the country... and seldom answer my phone for that reason with numbers I don't recognize. But, if anyone knows or remembers the area code from wherever "the call" comes from... I can at least answer those calls Thanks...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
                            With all this talk about people getting "the call" recently... I was just wondering if anyone knew the area code that "the call" comes from? Usually everyday I receive 2-3 calls from various telemarketers or the like from around the country... and seldom answer my phone for that reason with numbers I don't recognize. But, if anyone knows or remembers the area code from wherever "the call" comes from... I can at least answer those calls Thanks...
                            The area code used to be 612 but has just changed to 952. They usually leave you a message if you don't pick up, so be on the look out for "the call" lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Gbeck422 View Post
                              It'll be a "blocked" or unknown number...
                              CBPO
                              Written: 08/29/2007
                              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• I haven't been on here for awhile but wanted you guys to know that I GOT THE CALL today!! Looks like I will be taking the PFT2 soon.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11185 users online. 434 members and 10751 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X