300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
    1-OPM has nothing to do with CBPO training at FLETC...
    2-Anyone with prior Military experience will not find the academy to be hard regarding the physical training
    3-PFT2 is simply to gage your ability to go through the academy... The standards are higher for graduation.

Try to be clearer when making a point, it's a bit hard to understand your abbreviations and incomplete sentences.
    no my frd was with the CBP b4 so he went to FLETC but now he is with OPM

Comment

• Originally posted by poolearmor View Post
      no my frd was with the CBP b4 so he went to FLETC but now he is with OPM
      Try reading the posts from the past 2 days and you'll see why your friends view is irrelevant at this juncture...
      If you are a new applicant, you might want to try changing your writing to actual words and clear sentences... This is a discussion board, and typing as if you were texting doesn't cut it.
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

my ex- USMC frd and now a OPM special agent tell me that CBPO traning is not hard at all....

also my frd just passed the PFT-2 1.5miles test when he was mostly by just walking
        I hope you are not an applicant. Try to be a bit more professional. Most of us take this message board and hiring process very seriously Your lack of proper grammer is offending.
        CBPO TSL 5/25/11 | MED 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | PFT1 7/18/11 | VBT 7/20/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11

BPA TSL 5/24/11 | MED/PFT1 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | OB 7/22/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11 | TSU 8/22/11 | EOD 9/12/11

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
          The ACTT TDY was a blast...I'd be going back for this next go-around...if my wife would let me.

As far as forcing people out...the lastest minimums required people off probation and GS-09's. You're likely set for a year or two post-academy before anybody looks to offer it to you.

As far as a learning experience goes...I think every CBPO, management included, should have to do a stint on the SB. Few, if any, places in CBP are run as well and see the type of work issues that the southern border offers.
          I'm puting in for the next rotation. I missed the latest anouncement. AZ was a fun TDY!
          Last edited by qixfeet; 07-04-2011, 04:04 PM.
          Don't tase me bro!!

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
            It's 62 days...unless they've recently changed it. That's been going on for many, many months now, it was 'old news' back in September of 2010 when I volunteered.

Unless it's recently changed, only certain Field Offices were sending people TDY to ACTT...and people were only getting drafted in those ports who lacked volunteers willing to go.
            Right now I believe every field office is responsible for sending people. I'm down here now on TDY and there are people from all over. Great experience and I'd recommend it to everyone.

Comment

my ex- USMC frd and now a OPM special agent tell me that CBPO traning is not hard at all....

also my frd just passed the PFT-2 1.5miles test when he was mostly by just walking
              Off the top of my head, I can't recall a current entry-level federal law enforcement academy that's all that difficult...if one prepares for it. Especially since Border Patrol watered down their basic academy from 91 days to ultimately 55 days several years back.

A partial list of current FLEO basic training academies by training days...

CBPO- 89 training days with 30 days optional Spanish training.
              BPA- 55 training days with 40 days optional Spanish training.
              IEA/ICE-D- 63 training days

The current CBPO/FOOBT is as long...or longer, than just about any other program out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdesa View Post
                I hope you are not an applicant.
                I hope he is an applicant. One less competitor to worry about.

More likely a simple troll.

Question: Even if true, why would he walk rather than give his best effort?
                Last edited by tanksoldier; 07-05-2011, 12:47 AM.
                "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

• The minimal PFT-2 run time is 1.5 miles in 17 minutes and 15 seconds. That's just over 5.3 MPH. It's more than possible to walk 5.3 MPH. Of course, the average human isn't designed to walk that fast, that long. Which is why most people would break into a jog at that speed; at faster speeds, walking is more inefficient than running.

Assuming somebody actually walked the entire 1.5 mile at a 5.3 mile pace, he's actually probably working himself harder than if he had ran it at a 5.3 mile pace.

Comment

• Well.... PFT2 Tomorrow and then my journey to Florida begins on Thursday!
                    Can't wait!!!...
                    CBPO

Comment

• Been waiting three years for tommorow. Woot!

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        Well.... PFT2 Tomorrow and then my journey to Florida begins on Thursday!
                        Can't wait!!!...
                        Been waiting three years for tommorow. Woot!
                        Good Luck Yoda and Frisco
                        Still havn't been scheduled for mine. See ya around FLETC

Comment

• yoda PM sent

Comment

• Thanks see you at fletc

Comment

• Originally posted by CBPO11 View Post
                              Good Luck Yoda and Frisco
                              Still havn't been scheduled for mine. See ya around FLETC
                              See you there brother!...
                              CBPO

Comment

• Hey when you guys head to FLETC look around and see if anyone is from East Texas if you wouldn't mind. And thanks Yoda for answering my question about what the TO date is again. I have till July 14th to clear up all my medical stuff and then I will be all green on CASS again so hopefully this time around I will get the call!!

Written: 7/31/2008
                                TO: 8/2008
                                TSU: 1/09

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7563 users online. 409 members and 7154 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X