Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
    Well its official... start date in Miami is August 4th with FLETC date September 3rd. Thanks to everyone for all the info they have supplied since I joined this forum. Ill pass along any knowledge I have of the process, and academy life as I go through it. Thanks to everyone again.
    Congrats and Good Luck to you...

    jrq16

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
      Well its official... start date in Miami is August 4th with FLETC date September 3rd. Thanks to everyone for all the info they have supplied since I joined this forum. Ill pass along any knowledge I have of the process, and academy life as I go through it. Thanks to everyone again.

      Congratulations. When did you apply?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Gabbanelli911 View Post
        Congratulations. When did you apply?

        I applied and tested in Jan.
        Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
        Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
        Graduated Dec 18, 2008

        Its game on from here....

        Comment


        • Hey guys i have a question. I applied for cbp in miami back in march. I have taken all the tests and sent in all the forms. Now im just playing the waiting game. I recently checked the cass website site and the only things completed are the pre employment forms and the background investigation. Is this normal? I thought the background investigation was the last thing to be completed.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by cargo82 View Post
            Hey guys i have a question. I applied for cbp in miami back in march. I have taken all the tests and sent in all the forms. Now im just playing the waiting game. I recently checked the cass website site and the only things completed are the pre employment forms and the background investigation. Is this normal? I thought the background investigation was the last thing to be completed.

            From what I've read on here, and from what I've been told by current CBPO's there really is no "normal" process, it differs for everyone. If your background is done, consider that a good sign... it was the longest part for me, but I've heard of a couple people having the background clear in weeks, not months.. and still basically have around a 6 month wait til they heard anything.
            Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
            Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
            Graduated Dec 18, 2008

            Its game on from here....

            Comment


            • Ports

              Deleted....
              Last edited by Saladine; 08-20-2008, 05:19 PM.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by cargo82 View Post
                Hey guys i have a question. I applied for cbp in miami back in march. I have taken all the tests and sent in all the forms. Now im just playing the waiting game. I recently checked the cass website site and the only things completed are the pre employment forms and the background investigation. Is this normal? I thought the background investigation was the last thing to be completed.
                Did you already have one completed by a different agency? Or you might have an interim.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                  Well its official... start date in Miami is August 4th with FLETC date September 3rd. Thanks to everyone for all the info they have supplied since I joined this forum. Ill pass along any knowledge I have of the process, and academy life as I go through it. Thanks to everyone again.
                  congrats. where in mia are you gonna be stationed?
                  "Do you have an appointment?"

                  -Gupta Rajan

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Saladine View Post
                    Got a few questions:

                    1. How good is CBP at giving you the location that you actually asked for as oppose to giving you some random port in some location that you've never heard of?

                    2. Is it better to work at an airport, land port, or seaport? Why?

                    3. What are the ports that are in need of man power in Florida? Where will I most likely be placed? (This is my main question. I don't live in Florida and I'm a little nervous about the potential move) Will I be given three choices?

                    4. Has anyone ever heard of someone asking for more time to report to their duty port for the first time? Will they extend you to start later?

                    Thanks to all who reply.
                    yes those are some really good questions.

                    Also for the first question, I was also wondering if u could ask MHC to wait for the location you want rather than accepting the location they give you
                    "Do you have an appointment?"

                    -Gupta Rajan

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Orleanian84 View Post
                      congrats. where in mia are you gonna be stationed?
                      Thanks,
                      I took the airport, wasnt quite sure which would be "better"... seaport or airport. Then on the news today I saw that the seaport in Miami found quite a bit of Marijuana, so... wonder if my choice was a good one. But from what I am assuming, rookies will be stuck in the stamping booths anyway you look at it, for a while anyway.
                      Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                      Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                      Graduated Dec 18, 2008

                      Its game on from here....

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                        Did you already have one completed by a different agency? Or you might have an interim.

                        I haven't applied to any other agency. I just thought it was weird that my background is complete and I haven't talked to an investigator and none of my references have been contacted. What do you mean by interim.?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by cargo82 View Post
                          I haven't applied to any other agency. I just thought it was weird that my background is complete and I haven't talked to an investigator and none of my references have been contacted. What do you mean by interim.?
                          what happens is, if they run your fingerprints and there is nothing serious, they will grant you an interim clearance. you will go to FLETC and all that while they are finishing up your background. If something comes up they will yank you outta class. Or you may even get back to the port without your badge and gun until they get it all finished.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by cargo82 View Post
                            I haven't applied to any other agency. I just thought it was weird that my background is complete and I haven't talked to an investigator and none of my references have been contacted. What do you mean by interim.?
                            Exactly what he said.... But if you have nothing in your background, there is no need to worry.

                            What's your timeline?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                              Exactly what he said.... But if you have nothing in your background, there is no need to worry.

                              What's your timeline?
                              TESTED: 3/5 Miami, FL
                              NOR: 3/25 - 88 (NO VET)
                              GEO PREFERENCE - Miami, FL
                              TO: 5/19
                              PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS - 5/29
                              MEDICAL - (SCHEDULED 6/10)
                              FITNESS - (SCHEDULED 6/10)
                              VBT - (SCHEDULED 6/18)
                              DRUG TEST - (SCHEDULED 7/9)
                              BI - Complete

                              As for my background, I think I should be good. I have been in college for the last 4 years getting my criminology degree. Before that I was in high school so there isnt much the investigator would have to look into.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by cargo82 View Post
                                TESTED: 3/5 Miami, FL
                                NOR: 3/25 - 88 (NO VET)
                                GEO PREFERENCE - Miami, FL
                                TO: 5/19
                                PRE-EMPLOYMENT FORMS - 5/29
                                MEDICAL - (SCHEDULED 6/10)
                                FITNESS - (SCHEDULED 6/10)
                                VBT - (SCHEDULED 6/18)
                                DRUG TEST - (SCHEDULED 7/9)
                                BI - Complete

                                As for my background, I think I should be good. I have been in college for the last 4 years getting my criminology degree. Before that I was in high school so there isnt much the investigator would have to look into.
                                Yeah we pretty much have the same timeline. Except my BI isn't complete... I hope I get an interim... and I haven't been called for the Drug Test

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 9224 users online. 522 members and 8702 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X