Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question that is "way off topic" for CBP officers currently working at POE's. I need to go to Tijuana but I lost my passport. Can I come back to the US using my naturalization certificate or another document? It's kind of an emergency. Sorry, and I hopeyou can help me.
    "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
    Written Test: 10/04/10
    NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
    TSL 1: 11/17/10
    OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
    Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
    TSL 2: 04/29/11.
    e-QIP: 05/08/11
    BI Interview: 07/26/11
    Drug test: 08/05/11
    Polygraph: 02/08/2012
    CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
    Written Test: 12/09/10
    NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
    TSL 1: 06/14/11
    PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
    VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

Comment

• The short answer is that if you are an US citizen you will not be denied entry back into the US. The trick is to establish your UCS status.

Bring with you anything/everything that establishes your US citizenship/residency to include your natz/immigration documentation, as well as government issued photo ID...like a DL. If you have an old passport, bring it...regardless of which country issued it.

Expect a wait...it may take hours before somebody is freed up to where they can tackle the job of verifying that you are an USC.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
        That's a good question. I don't have a good answer for you.

My opinion...that's the sort of question I'd email MHC about and get the answer straight from them...in writing. Bad advice from the internet on a question like that just might end your CBP career before it begins.

If MHC allows you a location change, document that approval...in writing... to CYA.

Thanks Merlin, I'll give them a call on Tuesday..

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
          The new verbiage in the announcement states that you must reach TSU before your 37th BD and you'll be good. Prior to this it was EOD prior to your 37th BD, this came when we were determined as covered FLEO's... from 2007 to that point it was TO before your 37th BD.

So you might want to check with MHC, but I'm quite certain that if you do a region change after reaching TSU and after reaching 37... you might be SOL!... Never hurts to ask though so shoot them an email.

BTW
          If you had applied prior to the coverage you will be "grandfathered" in if you had your TO prior to your 37th.
          Thanks Yoda! Also congrats to you.............

Comment

• I hear they are drafting low seniority officers to go to Arizona Poe for a 3 month minimum.

Comment

• Originally posted by davidB. View Post

Has the poly gone mandatory yet? or is it still just on a case by case basis?
              The Anti-Border Corruption Act of 2010 makes polygraphs mandatory for all new officer/agent hires within 2 years of the bills passing, sometime at the end of 2012/begining of 2013. It was enacted between 12/10 and 1/11. That is when it becomes "mandatory" according to the U.S. Government. It may become mandatory according to CBP or DHS policy long before then, but we will probably not get a definitive answer on that.

(The website incorrectly has the bill still stuck at passing the House and Senate, but the President signed it. Even if he didn't sign it, the law passes by default within 10 days unless he vetoes it, according to article 1, section 7, clause 2 of the U.S. Constitution - except in odd situations)
              Last edited by TuffStuffCBP; 07-03-2011, 09:33 PM.
              CBPO
              GEO - NY/JFK
              TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
              PE Forms - Completed
              Fitness - Completed
              VBT - 03/09 - Completed
              Drug Screen - Completed
              Qual - 05/09 - Completed
              B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
              Medical - 05/09 - Completed
              TSU

EOD: ???
              FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
                I hear they are drafting low seniority officers to go to Arizona Poe for a 3 month minimum.
                It's 62 days...unless they've recently changed it. That's been going on for many, many months now, it was 'old news' back in September of 2010 when I volunteered.

Unless it's recently changed, only certain Field Offices were sending people TDY to ACTT...and people were only getting drafted in those ports who lacked volunteers willing to go.

Comment

• yes I think SFO has lack of volunteers. So a few were drafted, unless they had a good reason e.g. new born baby etc. Will they still be drafting people after Im out of the Academy?

How was it Merlin? I m guessing a noob would learn a lot.
                  Last edited by friscoplayrsf; 07-03-2011, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• duplicate post...
                    Last edited by merlin436; 07-03-2011, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
                      yes I think SFO has lack of volunteers. So a few were drafted, unless they had a good reason e.g. new born baby etc. Will they still be drafting people after Im out of the Academy?

How was it Merlin? I m guessing a noob would learn a lot.
                      The ACTT TDY was a blast...I'd be going back for this next go-around...if my wife would let me.

As far as forcing people out...the lastest minimums required people off probation and GS-09's. You're likely set for a year or two post-academy before anybody looks to offer it to you.

As far as a learning experience goes...I think every CBPO, management included, should have to do a stint on the SB. Few, if any, places in CBP are run as well and see the type of work issues that the southern border offers.

Comment

• Nice, well guess I'll go if my lady lets me.

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                          The new FOOBT academy is significantly different and more challenging than previous academies...from what I've heard. I'd go there expecting a rather different experience, running included, than that of what those people who've graduated from previous CBP academies went through.
                          Speaking with some of the officers on TDY at the academy, the experiences they all share is that they are glad they did not have to go through the present academy due to its emphasis on drill and ceremony, wearing body armor all day in the class room, and the higher PT standards. But they all do agree the new program will produce a more well-rounded, harder working officer. To be quite honest, I was expecting it to be much more difficult, though some of my fellow classmates are having a hard time adjusting to all of the responsibilities and expectations the instructors expect from you here.

Comment

• So its a bit harder but, your having a good time still thats good to hear.

Comment

• my ex- USMC frd and now a OPM special agent tell me that CBPO traning is not hard at all....

also my frd just passed the PFT-2 1.5miles test when he was mostly by just walking

Comment

• Originally posted by poolearmor View Post
                                my ex- USMC frd and now a OPM special agent tell me that CBPO traning is not hard at all....

also my frd just passed the PFT-2 1.5miles test when he was mostly by just walking
                                1-OPM has nothing to do with CBPO training at FLETC...
                                2-Anyone with prior Military experience will not find the academy to be hard regarding the physical training
                                3-PFT2 is simply to gage your ability to go through the academy... The standards are higher for graduation.

Try to be clearer when making a point, it's a bit hard to understand your abbreviations and incomplete sentences.
                                CBPO
                                Written: 08/29/2007
                                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9006 users online. 242 members and 8764 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X