300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shortybop View Post
    Could someone tell me if you have reached your 37th birthday and already received a TO before that, would you still able to apply to the new announcement to change your GEO location?
    If you go to usajobs.gov it talk about this in the open announcement. Near the benefits and pay area.

Comment

• For anyone who has been or is currently in the Academy I have a question about the running? How often and how long do you run? Is it like every other day, every day etc? The reason I ask is that I have a bit of a back issue and although I know I can pass the PFT-2 since that is just one day of running, I know regular running is not suppose to be good for my problem and will likely only make it more aggravated. I also know that the Academy is around 4 months long and I am now too far along in the process to even consider a back surgery to correct the problem if I wanted to. I am in great shape and workout everyday (currently doing cardio on an elliptical) but any details anyone could give me on the running part would be greatly appreciated.
      CBPO
      Test: 12/6/10
      NOR: 1/25/11
      T.O. 5/25/11
      Geo: Laredo, TX

Comment

• I figured I'll enter this thread as well as I'm taking the CBP test on the 18th here in Chicago. Hopefully some of my data transfers over from BP. I chose the Southeast geo. preference.

U.S. Border Patrol
        EOD - 10/2011 SW, TX

Comment

• I took the Pft 1
          they say its gona take a month to get reults
          i did :
          sit ups: 26 in 1 min
          push ups : 4 in 1 min :-(
          side step: 12 in 10 sec
          lift lower: 8reps 38 sec
          step test : complete
          my upper body sucks but im going to the gym every other day
          does any one know if these results are "pass-able"?
          CBPO:
          Exam: 12/10
          NOR: 2/11 PASS GS-5/7 (77)
          TO: 5/25/11 Laredo, TX
          TSP 1/2 SENT: 6/6/11
          PFT: 6/28/11
          VBT: 7/22/11
          FAIL PFT 1 NOTICE: 7/22/11
          REAPPLED: 7/22/11 SWB Region
          PASS VBT NOTICE: Mid 8/12
          NOR: 8/29/11 PASS GS-5/7 (77)
          Waiting on new TO

Comment

• The pushups may not get you through. But I think you may have a chance to retry. I don't know exactly but good luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUILE View Post
              For anyone who has been or is currently in the Academy I have a question about the running? How often and how long do you run? Is it like every other day, every day etc? The reason I ask is that I have a bit of a back issue and although I know I can pass the PFT-2 since that is just one day of running, I know regular running is not suppose to be good for my problem and will likely only make it more aggravated. I also know that the Academy is around 4 months long and I am now too far along in the process to even consider a back surgery to correct the problem if I wanted to. I am in great shape and workout everyday (currently doing cardio on an elliptical) but any details anyone could give me on the running part would be greatly appreciated.
              Running is a part of the academy. From what I have read it depends on your training officer. Some are ex marines. But I Believe you will run at least 1-2 times per week. And to graduate I think you need to run 1.5 miles in less than 15 mins. I'm not sure the exact numbers but they run at Fletc. I would not like to see someone sent home in the middle because of injury. But I know it does happen. Good luck and try to get some therapy with your back. Hopefully someone who is there can give you an accurate answer
              Last edited by friscoplayrsf; 07-03-2011, 05:57 AM.

Comment

• Relevant info for passing PFT1 and the academy...

http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/...po_fitness.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by Berto9862 View Post
                  I took the Pft 1
                  they say its gona take a month to get reults
                  i did :
                  sit ups: 26 in 1 min
                  push ups : 4 in 1 min :-(
                  side step: 12 in 10 sec
                  lift lower: 8reps 38 sec
                  step test : complete
                  my upper body sucks but im going to the gym every other day
                  does any one know if these results are "pass-able"?
                  Last edited by BiggyWannaBGman; 07-03-2011, 08:39 AM.
                  CBPO
                  Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                  TO: 2/2011
                  Medical: 3/22/2011
                  PT Test: 3/22/2011
                  VBT: 3/2011
                  Background: 3/2011
                  Drug Test: 4/2011
                  Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                  PT Test 2: TBD
                  FLETC: Good Question lol
                  CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                  Info Session 9/2009
                  Interview 3/2010
                  COE 5/2010
                  Medical 5/2010
                  Fit/Background 7/2010
                  All clear as of 11/2010
                  FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
                    Why does it take a toll? Weather? Long hours? Or all of thee above.
                    all of the above, you spend more time at work than you do at home, we have had 3 people quit b/c they cant stand the madatory overtime.
                    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• duplicate post...

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxx
                        Last edited by merlin436; 07-03-2011, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUILE View Post
                          For anyone who has been or is currently in the Academy I have a question about the running? How often and how long do you run? Is it like every other day, every day etc? The reason I ask is that I have a bit of a back issue and although I know I can pass the PFT-2 since that is just one day of running, I know regular running is not suppose to be good for my problem and will likely only make it more aggravated. I also know that the Academy is around 4 months long and I am now too far along in the process to even consider a back surgery to correct the problem if I wanted to. I am in great shape and workout everyday (currently doing cardio on an elliptical) but any details anyone could give me on the running part would be greatly appreciated.
                          We pretty much ran everyday.

Comment

• PT will be Mon-Wed-Fri and Tues-Thur - alternating weeks. Whether you run or not is dependent on which instructor you have. Some may run you every PT session. Another may focus on defense tactics with a little bit of running mixed in. The majority of the running most trainees will do is on their own time after hours.

Comment

• Been waiting for LAX/LB for a couple years now...jeez

Supposed to be in my 2nd background, but haven't been contacted. My Medical was renewed a couple months ago when I went in for the basics, but no drug test renewal? CASS just updated that one no problem.

Has the poly gone mandatory yet? or is it still just on a case by case basis?

I sent in my eqip for the 2nd time a couple months ago, still haven't had CASS update or get a 2nd BI

Comment

• The new FOOBT academy is significantly different and more challenging than previous academies...from what I've heard. I'd go there expecting a rather different experience, running included, than that of what those people who've graduated from previous CBP academies went through.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9318 users online. 257 members and 9061 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X