300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
    Well you'll be able to transfer back in a few years. And you'll have seniority, with a lot of knowledge. You did the right thing. I just decided to wait it out and have faith. I didnt feel like I would get the call. But I always knew it was possible.
    hopefully, i just reapplied under the new opening for the south east, i def have learned alot working landborder but it def takes a toll on you
    Last edited by soto2635; 07-01-2011, 10:07 PM.
    "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Soto hope to see you around man good luck on your port swap.

Comment

• Did you guys have to do the VBT and the Structured Interview?
        CBPO
        TO:04/01/11
        EOD: 08/22/11
        FLETC:09/07/11

Comment

• Originally posted by Freefallin View Post
          Did you guys have to do the VBT and the Structured Interview?
          The structured interview is new in the process, previously we only did the VBT and it was referred to as the"structured interview" on CASS.
          CBPO
          Written: 08/29/2007
          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• The SI is actually a re-invention. Prior to 2005, give or take, there was no VBT, only an SI.

Comment

• Could someone tell me if you have reached your 37th birthday and already received a TO before that, would you still able to apply to the new announcement to change your GEO location?

Comment

• Originally posted by shortybop View Post
                Could someone tell me if you have reached your 37th birthday and already received a TO before that, would you still able to apply to the new announcement to change your GEO location?
                That's a good question. I don't have a good answer for you.

My opinion...that's the sort of question I'd email MHC about and get the answer straight from them...in writing. Bad advice from the internet on a question like that just might end your CBP career before it begins.

If MHC allows you a location change, document that approval...in writing... to CYA.

Comment

• Originally posted by shortybop View Post
                  Could someone tell me if you have reached your 37th birthday and already received a TO before that, would you still able to apply to the new announcement to change your GEO location?
                  The new verbiage in the announcement states that you must reach TSU before your 37th BD and you'll be good. Prior to this it was EOD prior to your 37th BD, this came when we were determined as covered FLEO's... from 2007 to that point it was TO before your 37th BD.

So you might want to check with MHC, but I'm quite certain that if you do a region change after reaching TSU and after reaching 37... you might be SOL!... Never hurts to ask though so shoot them an email.

BTW
                  If you had applied prior to the coverage you will be "grandfathered" in if you had your TO prior to your 37th.
                  Last edited by yoda; 07-02-2011, 10:29 AM.
                  CBPO

Comment

• Congrats Yoda, have fun at FLETC you derserve it...

Comment

• Originally posted by nordy racer View Post
                      Congrats Yoda, have fun at FLETC you derserve it...
                      Thanks Nordy,
                      It's been a long time coming! I still can't believe it, it feels weird... but I can't wait.
                      CBPO

Comment

• sent you a PM Yoda...

Comment

• Does anyone know if the MHC is affected by the Minnesota gov. shut down??

Comment

• MHC is a federal entity. So I would think not.

Comment

• Originally posted by nobodymove54 View Post
                              MHC is a federal entity. So I would think not.
                              It is not a federal entity, they're contracted by the Federal Gov...
                              CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
                                hopefully, i just reapplied under the new opening for the south east, i def have learned alot working landborder but it def takes a toll on you
                                Why does it take a toll? Weather? Long hours? Or all of thee above.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4051 users online. 214 members and 3837 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X