Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So MHC told me that my BI expired in Feb 2011 and that I would have to get cleared again. So they sent me the E-qip package and was filled out and and return which they received in May. Along with my BI expiring, so did my pre-employment forms , Medical and Drug screening. Forms, Medical was retaken and got cleared again. But when I redid my medical I was anticipating on retaking the drug test again because I did all of that all together the first time. But this time I didn't and then after taking my medical, a week later or so my drug screening went magically cleared without retaking it. And now that my BI forms are sent in , my status is " currently in security office".

So my question is, out of curiosity, can my BI magically get cleared on its own without meeting with the investigator again after being cleared once? I guess its wishful thinking, but just a thought.
    Tested: 8/2008
    TO: 12/2008
    GEO: LAX/LB
    1st TSU: 3/5/09
    2nd Medical: 6/1/11
    Cleared 6/22/11
    2nd BI: met 7/14/11
    Cleared 9/29/11
    2nd TSU:
    Referred to Schedule EOD: 9/23/2011

The Call: 10/24/11
    EOD: 11/21/11 (LAX)
    Fletc: 12/30 - 5/7/12

PFT2: 11/4/11 (passed)
    Final EOD letter: 11/7/11

Comment

• Danny,
      That's wishful thinking. Actually the only reason you didn't get the call is because they didn't have the funding to pay for your background to be updated. They didn't have the money to re drug test you so they cleared you on the redo because you passed your first one. Same thing happened to me. The only difference is my original bi took 9 months to adjudicate. Because I had some bad credit history(7 years ago) Once I squared away my credit then I was cleared I had to send forms in to prove i had paid all my Credit Clear of debt it was a pain but it paid off cause I'm finally getting a Step closer to my pft2 and Eod. You will be in soon just be patient it is hard but it will be worth it. The Budget money they have to spend isn't much cause all of our steps in this process must be pretty costly. Background is the most expensive, besides Fletc. So at least you know where you are in the long process, and you know that they are spending money to get you clear." all green checks" good luck.
      Last edited by friscoplayrsf; 07-01-2011, 03:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tvonline View Post
        It seems as if things may change depending on the situation. The answer they been giving me - Unfortunately we are not able to offer you a location outside of your selected geographic location. In order to be considered for another location, you will need to reapply when the next vacancy announcement is open on USA Jobs. Please be advised that if you reapply and are selected for a new location, your current file will automatically be closed. You can only be selected for one geographic location at a time for this position.

Do I lose my place in the queue if I have to repeat any pre-employment requirements (i.e. medical, fitness)?

Although CASS will update with your most recent Refer to Scheduling date, our office always tracks your original Refer to Scheduling date. Once vacancies occur in your selected geographic location, you will be called in the order your file was originally referred to Scheduling.

Does my application expire after the 90 day time frame has elapsed?

The 30/60/90 day time frame provided on CASS is only an estimate and may be extended depending on your selected geographic location. Your file will remain in the Scheduling Unit until we receive vacancies in your location. Most pre-employment processes (medical, fitness, etc.) are valid for one year. If anything expires, you will be contacted for an update. I was never contacted to renew medical, fitness.
        I do have a concern regarding geo change:
        I received a TO for El Paso back in March,already completed pre-employment forms,passed the Pf1, medical(had an issue with medications but send req forms to clear it at beggining of June), send e-qip & fingerprint cards in May. Now just waiting on BI investigator and VBI.
        When the previous opening showed up in usajobs, I reapplied and put GEO Southeast.
        Should I call and cancel before I get a new TO for that GEO and keep El Paso???
        Any suggestions??? How is the Southeast compare to TX. I lived for 2 yrs at 29Palms, Ca.
        CBPO
        Exam: 12/2010
        GEO: Texas West/N Mexico
        NOR: Jan 2011
        TO VRA: 3/2011 El Paso
        TO: 4/2011 El Paso
        Pre emp : Completed
        Qualifications: Completed
        PT Test: 4/2011 Completed
        Drug Screening: not required
        Medical: 4/2011 Completed
        BI met w/ investigator 7/14 Completed 8/16
        VBI: 08/12/2011 letter received 8/27 Passed
        Change GEO,- Southeast 6/08
        TSU 8/18/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
          Hey Boricua...
          The heat from the desert is nothing like the one from PR!.... I'm so glad I'm heading back east.
          Down in PR is been raining every other day in the metro area with about 88-92 degrees lot , lot, lot of humidity
          CBPO
          Exam: 12/2010
          GEO: Texas West/N Mexico
          NOR: Jan 2011
          TO VRA: 3/2011 El Paso
          TO: 4/2011 El Paso
          Pre emp : Completed
          Qualifications: Completed
          PT Test: 4/2011 Completed
          Drug Screening: not required
          Medical: 4/2011 Completed
          BI met w/ investigator 7/14 Completed 8/16
          VBI: 08/12/2011 letter received 8/27 Passed
          Change GEO,- Southeast 6/08
          TSU 8/18/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Tvonline View Post
            OK Here is the thing, We both were selected for GEO SFO/OAKLAND. I SCORED 94 with Veterans Preference. We both applied in 2008 and I did in November. This is why Im confused. Put yourself in my shoes and if you been waiting for nearly 3 years you too would be eager. Your just in the process for a year wait another year then start wondering when you will EOD. Lucky you they are projecting towards many hires in Southwest/Eastern borders.
            i totall understand your fustration. i thought he changed his geo location and that is why sicne it didnt state they needed anyone for oakland at this tine, but then again i only been waiting for less than a year so you are a trooper for hanging in that long.
            CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
            Test: 12/2010
            NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
            TO: 6/7/2011
            PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
            Equip: 6/13/2011
            FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
            VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
            BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
            Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
            Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
            Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
            got the call: 9/20/2011
            PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
            NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
            New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyw View Post
              So MHC told me that my BI expired in Feb 2011 and that I would have to get cleared again. So they sent me the E-qip package and was filled out and and return which they received in May. Along with my BI expiring, so did my pre-employment forms , Medical and Drug screening. Forms, Medical was retaken and got cleared again. But when I redid my medical I was anticipating on retaking the drug test again because I did all of that all together the first time. But this time I didn't and then after taking my medical, a week later or so my drug screening went magically cleared without retaking it. And now that my BI forms are sent in , my status is " currently in security office".

So my question is, out of curiosity, can my BI magically get cleared on its own without meeting with the investigator again after being cleared once? I guess its wishful thinking, but just a thought.
              Well Ive met with the investigator and it's still not clear. Now that I think about it in 2008 I think I was giving a provisional clearance based on be a current DHS employee with a secret level cl. So on CASS my background was cleared before anything else and before I met with the first investigator. But I do not think they operate that way anymore. No one gets hired on without a cleared background, even if it was previously cleared and you are a current Gov employee with a current clearance. Waste of money if you ask me.
              CBPO
              TO - 05/08 JFK
              EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by williburns View Post
                I do have a concern regarding geo change:
                I received a TO for El Paso back in March,already completed pre-employment forms,passed the Pf1, medical(had an issue with medications but send req forms to clear it at beggining of June), send e-qip & fingerprint cards in May. Now just waiting on BI investigator and VBI.
                When the previous opening showed up in usajobs, I reapplied and put GEO Southeast.
                Should I call and cancel before I get a new TO for that GEO and keep El Paso???
                Any suggestions??? How is the Southeast compare to TX. I lived for 2 yrs at 29Palms, Ca.
                Keep in mind that if you want a certain geo location, be it the original or the new one, you can keep everything you have completed no matter what...
                Here's how it works:
                If you originally apply to a region you don't want and receive a TO, you will have to re-apply to a new announcement that contains the region you want, meanwhile you complete as many steps as you can from the process. Once you receive the new TO, all completed steps carry over and the old TO is cancelled.
                your only setback is that the TO date (certificate date) goes to a newer one., but since you have only been in for 6 mo you won't really be loosing that much... This is unless you really want to keep your original region, then you just have to withdraw the new application.
                For those that have not received a TO, they can simply send in a region change form to MHC, in the hopes of getting a TO for the region they want.
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Thanks, friscoplayrsf and LIcoastie for responding.
                  Yea it is wishful thinking, but you never know. Right when you think your on the right path, they throw you a curve ball. At the end there is hope for everyone if you just hang in there. Perfect example: Yoda!
                  Cleared 6/22/11
                  Cleared 9/29/11
                  2nd TSU:

Comment

Thanks, friscoplayrsf and LIcoastie for responding.
                    Yea it is wishful thinking, but you never know. Right when you think your on the right path, they throw you a curve ball. At the end there is hope for everyone if you just hang in there. Perfect example: Yoda!
                    Let me know when it's been 3 months since your meeting with your second investigator... I'll give you the number for IA and you can take it from there.
                    CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                      Let me know when it's been 3 months since your meeting with your second investigator... I'll give you the number for IA and you can take it from there.
                      Thanks Yoda!! if I turned in my E-qip about a month ago and status changed to " in security office", how long should I expect for a call from the investigator? I forgot how long I waited the first time.
                      Cleared 6/22/11
                      Cleared 9/29/11
                      2nd TSU:

Comment

Thanks Yoda!! if I turned in my E-qip about a month ago and status changed to " in security office", how long should I expect for a call from the investigator? I forgot how long I waited the first time.
                        It's a couple of months for the Investigator to call... sometimes less.
                        CBPO

Comment

• Congrats on the call Yoda! It's about time! Have fun and keep us posted on your academy experience. I just need one more green check and that is my medical. It's been in the medical review unit for about 2 weeks now. I feel like its taking forever to clear this time.
                          TO: 4/09/09
                          Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                          TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• How long does it take to get your results from the VBT?

Comment

• One month to get results of VBT

Comment

• just completed the VBT. I dont know how to feel about it. I havent the slightest clue how I did

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10642 users online. 507 members and 10135 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X