Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goodluck I'm sure I'll see you at Fletc brother.

Comment

• Come on guys... bickering over a futile situation here is not going to lead to anything but useless clutter on the board.
      It is what it is, he got the call, u didn't... call TSU and find out where you are in line right now. You can try to "contest" is but it will lead to more frustration on your part and little to no resolution...
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
        You can't be really sure of how this goes... there might still be more people ahead of you on the list. If the the TO's were sent on the same day it would probably fall on to the time they were issued... or it may be that the Certificate they refer to is not the same as the TO.
        I more than anyone here can understand your frustration, and I would probably be quite upset if I saw an EOD for my geo without me getting the call first... but it is what it is. It is completely out of our hands.

--Actually if you call TSU they can tell you where you are in line since they just hired for that location.

Why frisco got the call and you didn't, only the people at TSU know...
        I was reading your blogs awhile back.... I couldnt believe you gave up Long Beach.... My buddie is loving it there!! -_-
        Cbpo:
        Exam date: 12/08
        TO: 01/09 NOR: 94
        Geo: SF/Oakland
        Med & Drug: 03/09 CLEAR
        VBT: 04/09 CLEAR
        Background: 05/09 CLEAR
        TSU: 06/09.......
        Bi: renewal 06/10 Clear
        Drug: CLEAR 04/11
        BACKGROUND: 03/11 CLEAR

Comment

Come on guys... bickering over a futile situation here is not going to lead to anything but useless clutter on the board.
          It is what it is, he got the call, u didn't... call TSU and find out where you are in line right now. You can try to "contest" is but it will lead to more frustration on your part and little to no resolution...
          I'm not upset at you friscoplayrsf. The reason why I didnt get the call is because my background "expires" in July. I had to renew my BI but I hear many stories they would send people to FLETC without a clearance. Ontop of that I am already cleared for a position I currently am employed with.... blah your right Yoda but like i said I wasnt upset with Frisco.
          Cbpo:

Comment

Come on guys... bickering over a futile situation here is not going to lead to anything but useless clutter on the board.

HAHA you guys love each other now but come FLETC you guys will be at each others neck LOL Then happy because you guys graduated together! ::Sigh:: fun stuff!
            Cbpo:

Comment

• Yes well said yoda sorry to the board for that caught me off guard. Its out of my hands. Yoda how far are you from the pft2 location.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tvonline View Post
                I was reading your blogs awhile back.... I couldnt believe you gave up Long Beach.... My buddie is loving it there!! -_-
                I never wanted LA, I applied there cause it was the announcement at that time... I always wanted to get back to the east coast, and I finally got it! Not only that, I got the POE I wanted as well...
                CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
                  Yes well said yoda sorry to the board for that caught me off guard. Its out of my hands. Yoda how far are you from the pft2 location.
                  3hr drive... I'll have to be on the road by 4:30am
                  CBPO

Comment

I never wanted LA, I applied there cause it was the announcement at that time... I always wanted to get back to the east coast, and I finally got it! Not only that, I got the POE I wanted as well...
                    I hope your not near the corrupt ones because I hear a lot of corruption in Miami.... Once you get hired on, there is this Newsletter that CBP has, which list all the new hires and also those who broke the law. They post that stuff online to only CBP employees
                    Cbpo:

Comment

• Cool I'm going to stay at a hotel the night before in the area. Cause I don't wanna be late lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tvonline View Post
                        I hope your not near the corrupt ones because I hear a lot of corruption in Miami.... Once you get hired on, there is this Newsletter that CBP has, which list all the new hires and also those who broke the law. They post that stuff online to only CBP employees
                        I didn't apply to MIA, I went for Florida all other hoping I'd get Orlando... which I did!
                        Corruption is one of the reasons for the changes in the hiring process, especially on the BI with a very high probability of having to do a Poly. As far as I know "interim" clearances are a thing of the past because of this.
                        What I find disturbing in the process is having people who were fully cleared, taken off the hiring list until they re-clear once again... makes no sense and is completely unfair to those applicants that have been waiting for so long. And in some cases, as we've seen here recently, those applicants have been jumped over for hiring. But I can say that this whole process is completely out of whack and it never makes any sense... and this has been for the last 4 years that I've been through it!
                        CBPO

Comment

• I'm really glad you've been called, finally. I've only been in the process since applying in November of 2007 and taking the test in Jan 08. I believe that my background is currently pending, so even if I weren't a few years and alot of luck away from being hired, I'd probably be passed over. My favorite thing is that they give you the PFT after they ask you to confirm that you will work for them, forcing you not to give your place of work 2 weeks notice.
                          CBPO
                          GEO - NY/JFK
                          TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                          PE Forms - Completed
                          Fitness - Completed
                          VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                          Drug Screen - Completed
                          Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                          B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                          Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                          TSU

EOD: ???
                          FLETC: ???

Comment

I didn't apply to MIA, I went for Florida all other hoping I'd get Orlando... which I did!
                            Corruption is one of the reasons for the changes in the hiring process, especially on the BI with a very high probability of having to do a Poly. As far as I know "interim" clearances are a thing of the past because of this.
                            What I find disturbing in the process is having people who were fully cleared, taken off the hiring list until they re-clear once again... makes no sense and is completely unfair to those applicants that have been waiting for so long. And in some cases, as we've seen here recently, those applicants have been jumped over for hiring. But I can say that this whole process is completely out of whack and it never makes any sense... and this has been for the last 4 years that I've been through it!

congrats on gets the call, i applied to FL back in 07 as well but i gave up and took a southwest location, and have been here ever since :/
                            "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan.

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
                              congrats on gets the call, i applied to FL back in 07 as well but i gave up and took a southwest location, and have been here ever since :/
                              I know your story very well brother!... I remember you changing to the SWB to get on. I'm just glad I'm making my way back east...
                              CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by soto2635 View Post
                                Well you'll be able to transfer back in a few years. And you'll have seniority, with a lot of knowledge. You did the right thing. I just decided to wait it out and have faith. I didnt feel like I would get the call. But I always knew it was possible.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10799 users online. 385 members and 10414 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X