300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
    You go to the range with whos gun. We don't get issued firearms till Fletc right?
    No, you're not issued a firearm until FLETC.

If pre-academy range time happens, you'll borrow a gun from a firearms instructor. Notice I said IF, because it is far from universal that new hires see any range time pre-FLETC.

Comment

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
      dont forget it goes by the geo location which they are doing for southwest right now. and also whose score is higher so if you did 89% and chose oakland and someone did 89% and chose texas they would get called first. the current opening for CBP does not list oakland as a need. try looking at the geographic locations they need for an change it if you can and see the process start to move. these are the locations they are looking for currently-----
      Southwest - (to include but not limited to the following locations) Laredo, El Paso, Fabens, Brownsville, Del Rio, Eagle Pass, Pharr, Progreso, Presidio, Rio Grande City, Roma, Texas; Andrade, Calexico, Otay Mesa, San Ysidro, Tecate, and San Bernadino, California and the states of Arizona, and New Mexico

Southeast - States of Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Kentucky.

OK Here is the thing, We both were selected for GEO SFO/OAKLAND. I SCORED 94 with Veterans Preference. We both applied in 2008 and I did in November. This is why Im confused. Put yourself in my shoes and if you been waiting for nearly 3 years you too would be eager. Your just in the process for a year wait another year then start wondering when you will EOD. Lucky you they are projecting towards many hires in Southwest/Eastern borders.
      Cbpo:
      Exam date: 12/08
      TO: 01/09 NOR: 94
      Geo: SF/Oakland
      Med & Drug: 03/09 CLEAR
      VBT: 04/09 CLEAR
      Background: 05/09 CLEAR
      TSU: 06/09.......
      Bi: renewal 06/10 Clear
      Drug: CLEAR 04/11
      BACKGROUND: 03/11 CLEAR

Comment

• It would be against the law in NY
        CBPO
        GEO - NY/JFK
        TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
        PE Forms - Completed
        Fitness - Completed
        VBT - 03/09 - Completed
        Drug Screen - Completed
        Qual - 05/09 - Completed
        B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
        Medical - 05/09 - Completed
        TSU

EOD: ???
        FLETC: ???

Comment

• Hey quick question...I sent them an email in order for me to change my GEO preference...how do I know if it was changed..I asked before but no one answered...Am I supposed to get a confirmation email or something? thx
          NYPD Exam # 6093
          List #: 15xx
          Medical: Jan 6th 2010 (Passed)
          Mini Medical: Jan 6th 2010 (not sure yet)
          Meet with BI: ???
          Written psychological: Jan 12th 2010
          Oral psychological: Jan 14th 2010
          JST: Jan 11th 2010 (passed 2:39)

Comment

• Originally posted by Joyero View Post
            Hey quick question...I sent them an email in order for me to change my GEO preference...how do I know if it was changed..I asked before but no one answered...Am I supposed to get a confirmation email or something? thx
            Yes you should get a confirmation.
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Joyero View Post
              Hey quick question...I sent them an email in order for me to change my GEO preference...how do I know if it was changed..I asked before but no one answered...Am I supposed to get a confirmation email or something? thx
              It seems as if things may change depending on the situation. The answer they been giving me - Unfortunately we are not able to offer you a location outside of your selected geographic location. In order to be considered for another location, you will need to reapply when the next vacancy announcement is open on USA Jobs. Please be advised that if you reapply and are selected for a new location, your current file will automatically be closed. You can only be selected for one geographic location at a time for this position.

Do I lose my place in the queue if I have to repeat any pre-employment requirements (i.e. medical, fitness)?

Although CASS will update with your most recent Refer to Scheduling date, our office always tracks your original Refer to Scheduling date. Once vacancies occur in your selected geographic location, you will be called in the order your file was originally referred to Scheduling.

Does my application expire after the 90 day time frame has elapsed?

The 30/60/90 day time frame provided on CASS is only an estimate and may be extended depending on your selected geographic location. Your file will remain in the Scheduling Unit until we receive vacancies in your location. Most pre-employment processes (medical, fitness, etc.) are valid for one year. If anything expires, you will be contacted for an update. I was never contacted to renew medical, fitness.
              Cbpo:

Comment

• Originally posted by Tvonline View Post
                Not to be a hater or nothing but I applied in November of 2008 and TO in Jan or 2009... Im not sure why you got the call before I did. I am also waiting for the SFO/OAKLAND. I think that is a mistake on their part and I will have to contest this!
                I applied same time as you why would be bitter instead
                Of happy for me. That's just shady. I wouldnt hate I would be happy for you. But I guess everyone is different. I will be at Fletc aug-dec. Eod July 11 nothing you can do by contesting beside
                Making your self look foolish. They may dq you for acting irrational. But anyhow goodluck. I work at SFO currently inside customs a lot. Btw.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                  It would be against the law in NY
                  What would be against the LAW in NY? Colleges of mine in CBP tell me its messed up and advise me to Fight it. If your making a reference to me....
                  Cbpo:

Comment

OK Here is the thing, We both were selected for GEO SFO/OAKLAND. I SCORED 94 with Veterans Preference. We both applied in 2008 and I did in November. This is why Im confused. Put yourself in my shoes and if you been waiting for nearly 3 years you too would be eager. Your just in the process for a year wait another year then start wondering when you will EOD. Lucky you they are projecting towards many hires in Southwest/Eastern borders.
                    You can't be really sure of how this goes... there might still be more people ahead of you on the list. If the the TO's were sent on the same day it would probably fall on to the time they were issued... or it may be that the Certificate they refer to is not the same as the TO.
                    I more than anyone here can understand your frustration, and I would probably be quite upset if I saw an EOD for my geo without me getting the call first... but it is what it is. It is completely out of our hands.

--Actually if you call TSU they can tell you where you are in line since they just hired for that location.

Why frisco got the call and you didn't, only the people at TSU know...
                    Last edited by yoda; 06-30-2011, 10:57 PM.
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

FYI I applied same day as you we may have taken the exam in the same class or you took your a day after who knows.

Comment

I applied same time as you why would be bitter instead
                        Of happy for me. That's just shady. I wouldnt hate I would be happy for you. But I guess everyone is different. I will be at Fletc aug-dec. Eod July 11 nothing you can do by contesting beside
                        Making your self look foolish. They may dq you for acting irrational. But anyhow goodluck. I work at SFO currently inside customs a lot. Btw.
                        Thats good to know. They wont DQ me. That is foolish of you to say that. I too also work with many IEA/CBPO/SA so there isnt much of a difference nothing to brag unless your saying you have the upper hand because you work in close relations to the supervisors of CBP. My cousin works in SFO. I wonder if he knows you. Also i dont know if you got the wrong message but Im not saying they cancel your admission. Im saying ticket myself to FLETC with you guys as well!!! =]
                        Last edited by Tvonline; 06-30-2011, 10:59 PM.
                        Cbpo:

Comment

• I'm sure your cousin knows me. And I wouldn't fight anything cause I've seen it all happen so far. People get picked out of order. I hope you join with our class but I would be happy for you instead of bitter. Just my .02 cents

Comment

I'm sure your cousin knows me. And I wouldn't fight anything cause I've seen it all happen so far. People get picked out of order. I hope you join with our class but I would be happy for you instead of bitter. Just my .02 cents
                            Thats hilarious. If that is the case call MHC and tell them, "Hey I'm happy i got the position but can you verify if I scored higher than others because I'm so modest that i wouldn't mind if someone else goes ahead of me regardless if I scored higher or applied before them." Point I'm trying to make here is whatever is right is right. If there was fairness in equal hiring then do what is deserving not whatever fits their convenience. If you scored higher than me then all for it! Why else do we test for scores? Other than that I am happy to hear they are hiring again.
                            Cbpo:

Comment

• I would be an idiot to give up my spot to someone who is bitter. And applied the same time as me. Lol nice comedy

Comment

I would be an idiot to give up my spot to someone who is bitter. And applied the same time as me. Lol nice comedy
                                So quite being modest. I'm happy for you!
                                Cbpo:

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9867 users online. 342 members and 9525 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X