300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
    quick question: i turned in all of my forms, did equip, did medical, and did pft1 and sent my finger prints, yet still CASS still say pending for all of them. I understand that the pft1 will take a couple of weeks but should therest of stuff take that long to clear? i did them the beginning of June 2011?
    All steps with the exception of the BI will take up to a month to clear after you're done with them... BI can take anywhere from 6 mo to 2 years to completely clear after you've met with the investigator.
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
      So I guess all of us will eventually run into each other at fletc even though we won't know each others real names. Lol. My Cass changed to scheduled to report jul 11th. So pft2 should be sooner than later.
      Mine says the same thing, but I really need to get this PFT2 done really soon... I have to leave here by nextThursday to make it in time to report on the 11th! Driving from California to Florida 2,700 miles... Already mapped it out :-)
      CBPO

Comment

• Hi everyone I keep reading that if your a vet and your in your 40's you can still get in cpb. I'm sorry off that bat if I come off naive but how does that work? Is there an age limit to vets getting hired at all?
        CBPO
        Test- 12/9/10
        NOR- 1/07/11
        T.O.- 4/1/11
        Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
        Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
        Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
        Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
        Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
        Pft2- ?
        Eod- ?

Comment

• Originally posted by gcangelstar View Post
          Hi everyone I keep reading that if your a vet and your in your 40's you can still get in cpb. I'm sorry off that bat if I come off naive but how does that work? Is there an age limit to vets getting hired at all?
          Not really sure if there is for Vets, but then again going through a FLEO academy at 50 would really suck... Don't you think?
          To get your age wavered because of being a Vet you will have to meet the set requirements of AD time and/or deployments, not too familiar with those details so you would have to look them up...
          CBPO

Comment

• Had my 2nd Drug test bout 2 months ago.. and just had my 2nd Medical Last week.
            How long is the 1st background good for.. (Other then the Credit Chec) before i have to do the full one again.
            This really sucks.. think mine is going to expire soon..
            CBPO
            GEO - NY/JFK
            TO - 01/29/09
            TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
            Expired 6/10/11
            Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

I was reffering to the longest wait, since 2006. Not about the age, There is a marine on you tube thats 62 and he can do 27 pullups in 1min. He also ran the 3mile test in 18mins flat. Age doesn't matter if you work out constantly and take care of your body. No offense taken. So you reapplied to swap ports
              Sorry I though you put the comment for age. But you are right I you are fit you do fine in the PF1 and 2
              I received TO for El Paso, I reapplied in june changing GEO to Georgia, but really I'm thinking on keeping my appl for El Paso, don't mind the heat.
              CBPO
              Exam: 12/2010
              GEO: Texas West/N Mexico
              NOR: Jan 2011
              TO VRA: 3/2011 El Paso
              TO: 4/2011 El Paso
              Pre emp : Completed
              Qualifications: Completed
              PT Test: 4/2011 Completed
              Drug Screening: not required
              Medical: 4/2011 Completed
              BI met w/ investigator 7/14 Completed 8/16
              VBI: 08/12/2011 letter received 8/27 Passed
              Change GEO,- Southeast 6/08
              TSU 8/18/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by shaniajam View Post
                you sounded kind of harsh, frisco was only trying to proof how the waiting process is and that you can actually get in pass the age limits for vets. to brag that you can do better is so upsetting, because you have an advantage of being in the marines. i on the other hand is not fit what so ever and i passed pft1. read your post back to yourself before you post it. not starting anything just saying it came off a little rude.
                Thanks for your comment but was not my approach to sound rude. Just explaining that for CBP work the age does not matters, to pass the PF's just need to do some basic excercises
                I work with a lot of CBPO's pass the 40-50 yrs old that had less than 5 years in the agency and they do their job well as the inspections are more knowing what you are looking for than physical fit or age.
                CBPO
                Exam: 12/2010
                GEO: Texas West/N Mexico
                NOR: Jan 2011
                TO VRA: 3/2011 El Paso
                TO: 4/2011 El Paso
                Pre emp : Completed
                Qualifications: Completed
                PT Test: 4/2011 Completed
                Drug Screening: not required
                Medical: 4/2011 Completed
                BI met w/ investigator 7/14 Completed 8/16
                VBI: 08/12/2011 letter received 8/27 Passed
                Change GEO,- Southeast 6/08
                TSU 8/18/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
                  Had my 2nd Drug test bout 2 months ago.. and just had my 2nd Medical Last week.
                  How long is the 1st background good for.. (Other then the Credit Chec) before i have to do the full one again.
                  This really sucks.. think mine is going to expire soon..
                  BI is good for 2 years, but by the looks of your timeline you had an "interim" when you reached TSU, so you might have a few months left on the current one before it has to be redone.
                  CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by williburns View Post
                    Sorry I though you put the comment for age. But you are right I you are fit you do fine in the PF1 and 2
                    I received TO for El Paso, I reapplied in june changing GEO to Georgia, but really I'm thinking on keeping my appl for El Paso, don't mind the heat.
                    Hey Boricua...
                    The heat from the desert is nothing like the one from PR!.... I'm so glad I'm heading back east.
                    CBPO

Comment

• Yoda- I can't believe you *** is driving to Florida. Have fun man sounds like a great place to work

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        BI is good for 2 years, but by the looks of your timeline you had an "interim" when you reached TSU, so you might have a few months left on the current one before it has to be redone.
                        l i

Well I had my pre-employment forms and BI go Pending about a year go for the Credit Check and that form..
                        Is that the Interim your talkin about.. I may just called them a a few weeks to see what sup.
                        CBPO
                        GEO - NY/JFK
                        TO - 01/29/09
                        TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
                        Expired 6/10/11
                        Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

Yoda- I can't believe you *** is driving to Florida. Have fun man sounds like a great place to work
                          Can't afford a last minute plane ticket, a vehicle rental for three weeks, and hotels as well.... Besides having my car at FLETC will be much better as well!
                          CBPO

Comment

• Yeah I hear that having a car at Fletc will make you very popular. Fletc is too far from home for me. You'll be in Florida very close compared to Cali.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
                              l i

Well I had my pre-employment forms and BI go Pending about a year go for the Credit Check and that form..
                              Is that the Interim your talkin about.. I may just called them a a few weeks to see what sup.
                              An "interim" clearance is granted in some cases, most times before you even meet the Investigator. Going from TO to TSU in 4 months is a classic example of it. A complete BI takes at least 3-6 mo to be fully adjudicated and this time is from when you meet with the Investigator... not from when CASS shows "in the security office".
                              When it went back to pending it was for the refresher... where they run the credit check and that's it. If it goes back to pending again it will be for a Full BI.

That timeline excludes those who have a current clearance with BOP...
                              CBPO

Comment

Yeah I hear that having a car at Fletc will make you very popular. Fletc is too far from home for me. You'll be in Florida very close compared to Cali.
                                Problem is I won't be able to fit too many in it...

Still waiting for them to call and schedule the PFT2, and no one picks up at TSU!...
                                CBPO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 13787 users online. 395 members and 13392 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X