300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CBPO11 View Post
    I wouldnt worry about waiting to long so long as you have your TO already. They just announced and new test for the entire southern US. They will be looking to fill quickly i think.
    Yeah I still have my TO and have turned in the BI, and Physical. I'll just wait for my turn, not much else I can do

@Yoda- I didn't know they made you sign that form, but its good to know. I guess am just nervous about Friday.. Sometimes common sense isn't so common. I'll try to relax.. Thanks

Comment

• I read on the Delphi forum a guy waited since 2006 but he was a vet. He got in at 40+ years old.

Comment

• Does anyone know when they score the VBT and Structured Interview? Do they score it right away or do they send the VBT to someone at the Minneapolis Hiring Center to score?

I know an applicant isn't notified until 2-4 weeks later if they passed or not but I have a feeling the VBT/SI is scored right away by the CBP Officers at the interview site.

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
          I read on the Delphi forum a guy waited since 2006 but he was a vet. He got in at 40+ years old.
          I'm 42 also vet so what I did better, no offense, than others at Pf 1 : 40 pushup, 34 situps, 13 side steps, 8 cycles completed in 40 secs and finished 5 min steps . I'm a former Marine and continue doing fitness trainings. By the way I work for CBP at an Intl airport the officers job is more sedentary at the at checkpoints
          CBPO
          Exam: 12/2010
          GEO: Texas West/N Mexico
          NOR: Jan 2011
          TO VRA: 3/2011 El Paso
          TO: 4/2011 El Paso
          Pre emp : Completed
          Qualifications: Completed
          PT Test: 4/2011 Completed
          Drug Screening: not required
          Medical: 4/2011 Completed
          BI met w/ investigator 7/14 Completed 8/16
          VBI: 08/12/2011 letter received 8/27 Passed
          Change GEO,- Southeast 6/08
          TSU 8/18/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
            Video based test is cake. Just don't pull your gun lol and you'll be fine.
            Actually, that might just be the case. A friend of mine (and current CBPO) actually did pull on one of the videos...he felt it would have been necessary.

Just stay calm and use common sense....not much else to say.

Comment

• Hey I've been in this system for years and now I'm confused. What is the TO date again? I know for sure I tested 8/08 and was in the TSU 1/2009, but im uncertain about my TO.

Comment

• Originally posted by stck_mkt View Post
                Hey I've been in this system for years and now I'm confused. What is the TO date again? I know for sure I tested 8/08 and was in the TSU 1/2009, but im uncertain about my TO.
                Whenever they told you that you were selected after you tested... that letter is your Tentative Offer, and you will be selected according to that date. From 07' to 09' they were using your TSU date as a selection point which went against Vet Pref selection since they give out the extra points to the tests, so after the whole deal about the veterans dilemma they corrected the process to make the selection according to the "certificate" date/ TO date.
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by williburns View Post
                  I'm 42 also vet so what I did better, no offense, than others at Pf 1 : 40 pushup, 34 situps, 13 side steps, 8 cycles completed in 40 secs and finished 5 min steps . I'm a former Marine and continue doing fitness trainings. By the way I work for CBP at an Intl airport the officers job is more sedentary at the at checkpoints
                  I was reffering to the longest wait, since 2006. Not about the age, There is a marine on you tube thats 62 and he can do 27 pullups in 1min. He also ran the 3mile test in 18mins flat. Age doesn't matter if you work out constantly and take care of your body. No offense taken. So you reapplied to swap ports

Comment

• I officially withdrew my application today after nearly 3 years in the process. I accepted another federal LE position. Good luck to everyone still in the running. CBP has some good things to offer but they really need to streamline their hiring process. They're missing out on some quality talent out there. Hope they fix that down the line. Congrats Yoda! I know how you feel literally getting the call within the past 24 hours after a LONG wait myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by rbakous1 View Post
                      I officially withdrew my application today after nearly 3 years in the process. I accepted another federal LE position. Good luck to everyone still in the running. CBP has some good things to offer but they really need to streamline their hiring process. They're missing out on some quality talent out there. Hope they fix that down the line. Congrats Yoda! I know how you feel literally getting the call within the past 24 hours after a LONG wait myself.
                      Hey congrats, when is your EOD and Academy?

Comment

• EOD July 11 academy July 14. Thanks.

Comment

• So I guess all of us will eventually run into each other at fletc even though we won't know each others real names. Lol. My Cass changed to scheduled to report jul 11th. So pft2 should be sooner than later.

Comment

• I recieved the call on Tuesday (28th) for Minneapolis!! Diane said because my background expires on July 9th I have to be employed before then so I EOD on July 5th and start FLETC on July 14th!! 1 week from the call to EOD and 9 days from EOD to FLETC!!! I have been in this process for over 3.5 years so this was the last thing I expected. I was in an interview for FAM when she called!! Im not sure what to do next because no one has told me what I have to do for EOD or FLETC and theres only 1 more working day before I start! I guess I will get all my info from this board.
                            TSU- 07/14/09
                            location- Minneapolis

Comment

• Originally posted by williburns View Post
                              you sounded kind of harsh, frisco was only trying to proof how the waiting process is and that you can actually get in pass the age limits for vets. to brag that you can do better is so upsetting, because you have an advantage of being in the marines. i on the other hand is not fit what so ever and i passed pft1. read your post back to yourself before you post it. not starting anything just saying it came off a little rude.
                              CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
                              Test: 12/2010
                              NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
                              TO: 6/7/2011
                              PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
                              Equip: 6/13/2011
                              FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
                              VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
                              BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
                              Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
                              Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
                              Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
                              got the call: 9/20/2011
                              PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
                              NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
                              New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

• quick question: i turned in all of my forms, did equip, did medical, and did pft1 and sent my finger prints, yet still CASS still say pending for all of them. I understand that the pft1 will take a couple of weeks but should therest of stuff take that long to clear? i did them the beginning of June 2011?
                                CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
                                Test: 12/2010
                                NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
                                TO: 6/7/2011
                                PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
                                Equip: 6/13/2011
                                FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
                                VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
                                BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
                                Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
                                Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
                                Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
                                got the call: 9/20/2011
                                PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
                                NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
                                New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11372 users online. 388 members and 10984 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X