Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if it's not on the prep guide, it will not be on the exam. No tricks. Just study it religiously.

Comment

• Yoda:

It took you basically FOUR years to get a EOD date. I don't think I could have waited that long.

Does anyone know the longest wait for a job with CBP? Anyone ever wait 7-9 years?

Comment

• ok thank you Waterpistola,

sorry if i am sounding like a complete dummy right now, but since i have been studying for the LSAT lately, i tried both exams and i seem to get all of the questions right. is there any other thing i can do to study? i feel that if i just over-confidently say yea i understand the logical reasoning totally and forget revisiting the questions that it will come to bite me again.

thanks for all the help guys,this forum is the best.
        BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

• Does anyone know if it is normal to receive the finger print cards before getting a TO?

Comment

• Dghai62, if you are careful with the key words that the manual study highlights you will be fine with the logical reasoning part of the exam. For the LSAT -even tough you did not ask for an opinion- it is very hard to answer all the question during the time they provide. Thus, if you cannot -like everybody else-make sure that you use the last couple of minutes to fill the entire scantron, even if you did not had time to read the questions. There is no penalty for wrong answers so if you are lucky you can make quite a bit of extra points. Good luck on both exams.

Comment

• Originally posted by dghai62 View Post
              ok thank you Waterpistola,

sorry if i am sounding like a complete dummy right now, but since i have been studying for the LSAT lately, i tried both exams and i seem to get all of the questions right. is there any other thing i can do to study? i feel that if i just over-confidently say yea i understand the logical reasoning totally and forget revisiting the questions that it will come to bite me again.

thanks for all the help guys,this forum is the best.
              You're not sounding like a "dummy." If you studied the study guide and LSAT and seem to get the questions correct..you will do fine. Those are the questions that will be asked on the exam. Get a good nights sleep, eat a good breakfast and relax!

Comment

• Originally posted by dghai62 View Post
                hi guys i am new to the forum,

i have been lurking this page and pretty much read most of this thread within a day and a half. I did not see the answer to a question that i have been having for awhile, so i was wondering if some of you guys can kindly answer it for me. I am supposed to be taking the CBP Officer exam in NYC on july 25th, I had a question regarding the logical reasoning section. I tried both practice exams on cbp.gov but i wanted to know was there any other question type stimuli or lead ins asked for the logical reasoning questions? By looking at the questions i can see most of them looking for a must be true answer, but i was a bit skeptical thinking that this would be the only form of question asked on the logical reasoning portion.

So in short i just want to basically ask, if any of you remember how the logical reasoning section was on the exam, were the questions just like the ones on the practice exam and nothing else? or did they add question types that were not on the practice exams?

thanks guys,
                D
                I'd say go with the guide and refresh your math skills... math will make or break you on this test.
                Best of Luck!
                CBPO
                Written: 08/29/2007
                EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• @ yoda. thank you for your advice, i definitely need to work on my math because when i looked at the list i can pinpoint that most of it i have done during high school. and thank you for the luck, i may need it .

@SDFed619 thank you sir , i guess the whole reason why i am so nervous on it is because the LSAT asks 15 different types of questions and i was wondering if the CBP exam was going to be the same. By comparing the two i would say i like studying for the CBP exam much more than the LSAT lol.

@ Harry, thank you also for your kind advice , i will definitely keep that in mind during the exam. and Yes harry, you are right the lsat gives you very little time to answer all the questions on the exam. 15 different question types, about 25-26 questions a section and usually 2 sections of LR. i will definitely need more luck for the LSAT harry so thank you, and please msg me if you have any tips on the other sections.

thank you for all the help guys, i never knew this forum would be so welcoming once i had decided to just ask away

thanks guys
                  BPA( California)

NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                    Yoda:

It took you basically FOUR years to get a EOD date. I don't think I could have waited that long.

Does anyone know the longest wait for a job with CBP? Anyone ever wait 7-9 years?
                    I have not heard of anyone else on this board taking more than I have, but this is a very small sample of applicants that make their way here... I'm sure there have been cases of people waiting longer, we just haven't seen it here. In the past people tested and waited 3-4 years to get a TO, and after that it took them 3-6 months to get hired. That has no longer been the practice since 2007. In 2007-08 I saw applicants go from Test to Hire in 6 months, which brought many problems as well since they were pushing people in without completed BI's and some of those ended up making bad decisions... and making the Polygraph a must for this position.
                    In the time that I've been in the process it seems like this has been an ever evolving animal where you can never be sure of one thing or another... This is why it is so hard to predict what anyone should expect, with the exception of TIME...
                    CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry View Post
                      Does anyone know if it is normal to receive the finger print cards before getting a TO?
                      No it is not, you might want to place a call to verify that those were for you and that you didn't miss out on a TO...
                      CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                        No it is not, you might want to place a call to verify that those were for you and that you didn't miss out on a TO...
                        Which number should I call?

Comment

• Originally posted by Harry View Post
                          Which number should I call?
                          612-467-7043
                          CBPO

Comment

• so i asked a queston yesterday but no one answered it. i did my fitness test one on monday and i did 20 push ups, 20 sit ups instead of the required 25, 8 lifts, 11 side steps first round and 12 second round in 31 seconds and did the step test (all 5 minutes of it) though i am now sore and fell out afterwards). i am worried that i did'nt past as i didnt do 25 sit ups. can some one shed some light for me.
                            CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
                            Test: 12/2010
                            NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
                            TO: 6/7/2011
                            PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
                            Equip: 6/13/2011
                            FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
                            VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
                            BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
                            Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
                            Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
                            Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
                            got the call: 9/20/2011
                            PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
                            NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
                            New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

• Most current

The areas of current recruitment. May be already known but just putting it out there...

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) currently has a Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO) entry level hiring announcement open on USA Jobs until July 22, 2011.

We are currently recruiting for the Southwestern region (States of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and southern California) and Southeastern region (States of Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina and Kentucky).

Comment

• is the medical the ekg and the blood pressure height and weight they do before you do the fitness test? or is there another medical date?
                                CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
                                Test: 12/2010
                                NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
                                TO: 6/7/2011
                                PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
                                Equip: 6/13/2011
                                FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
                                VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
                                BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
                                Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
                                Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
                                Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
                                got the call: 9/20/2011
                                PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
                                NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
                                New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12717 users online. 493 members and 12224 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X