Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • When they make calls, if there are people with the same TO dates then they revert to last name like everything in the government. My last name starts with a P; What does yours start with? I'm sorry if that's intrusive but I don't want your last name just letter. I still don't know if I'm going to accept, I receive my GS12 in a week and not sure about another academy.

    Comment


    • I hope not mine starts with a "V"
      CBPO
      TO - 05/08 JFK
      EOD - 12/05/2011

      Comment


      • Originally posted by DNVRMAN View Post
        When they make calls, if there are people with the same TO dates then they revert to last name like everything in the government. My last name starts with a P; What does yours start with? I'm sorry if that's intrusive but I don't want your last name just letter. I still don't know if I'm going to accept, I receive my GS12 in a week and not sure about another academy.
        TO's are given out according to Test Scores, so if I scored higher than you I'd be first in line even though it came out the same day. It makes my TO technically older if for a few minutes... They don't use a "by name" order.
        CBPO
        Written: 08/29/2007
        EOD: July 11, 2011

        Comment


        • Congrads , u guys will have fun at FLETC

          Comment


          • Originally posted by yoda View Post
            Hey Frisco guess what..... We'll be there together! Got the call this AM for Orlando....
            4 years in the making!......FINALLY
            Big Conrats man!!! Finally indeed!


            TO: 05/2008(WA Northern Border)
            BI: 2nd BI Pending

            Comment


            • Originally posted by yoda View Post
              TO's are given out according to Test Scores, so if I scored higher than you I'd be first in line even though it came out the same day. It makes my TO technically older if for a few minutes... They don't use a "by name" order.
              I thought that was only to get a TO, that's what MHC told me. I guess they tell people different things but congrats! I got a 93 on test so hopefully that's good enough.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by dannyw View Post
                BIG congrats for Yoda!!! and everyone else that got "THE CALL"
                Hopefully my processes is moving along. BI expried in Feb. turned in my e-qip and they received it on May, so hopefully they call me to get my 2nd BI over with and get back into TSU.
                Good luck your getting there. I applied in DEC08, Passed my background in 09/2009. TSU 09/2009

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MPK9 View Post
                  Congrads , u guys will have fun at FLETC
                  Thanks

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by DNVRMAN View Post
                    Yoda, I've been lurking for a long time and my time line is almost exact to yours. Where did you get offered? I wonder if I'm next. Thanks for your time and information.

                    Test: 11/7ish/2007= San Diego preference
                    TO: 12/5ish/2007
                    Started with Border Patrol: 1/3/2008
                    Changed to FL other: 11/2ish/2008
                    New TO for FL: 12/22/2008
                    TSU: 2/23/2009
                    One thing I recommend is that you communicate with MHC via email and/or phone. I think I have contacted them twice a month for the past 6 months. Yoda chime in here do you contact MHC pretty frequently? I think the HR people probably know me from my emails.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
                      Good luck your getting there. I applied in DEC08, Passed my background in 09/2009. TSU 09/2009
                      It sucks because I had a TSU date of 3/5/09 and someone else had a later TSU date than me and I got passed up because they said my BI expired Feb. 2011, so everything else started expired like my pre-employment forms/ medical/ and drug. but the weird thing is soon after I redid my forms/ medical, my drug got cleared on its own without redoing it. So now im just waiting for them to contacts me to further my 2nd BI. and get back into TSU.
                      Tested: 8/2008
                      TO: 12/2008
                      GEO: LAX/LB
                      1st TSU: 3/5/09
                      2nd Medical: 6/1/11
                      Cleared 6/22/11
                      2nd BI: met 7/14/11
                      Cleared 9/29/11
                      2nd TSU:
                      Referred to Schedule EOD: 9/23/2011

                      The Call: 10/24/11
                      EOD: 11/21/11 (LAX)
                      Fletc: 12/30 - 5/7/12

                      PFT2: 11/4/11 (passed)
                      Final EOD letter: 11/7/11

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by DNVRMAN View Post
                        I thought that was only to get a TO, that's what MHC told me. I guess they tell people different things but congrats! I got a 93 on test so hopefully that's good enough.
                        You should be up there in the list, I was in the 90's as well... Keep the faith brother!
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by friscoplayrsf View Post
                          One thing I recommend is that you communicate with MHC via email and/or phone. I think I have contacted them twice a month for the past 6 months. Yoda chime in here do you contact MHC pretty frequently? I think the HR people probably know me from my emails.
                          I have but not as frequently as you... I only just completed my BI in April which was the only step that was left for me to complete.
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

                          Comment


                          • does this mean we may some TO's come out for non border positions to fill your spots in waiting? FINGERS CROSSED!

                            Comment


                            • Congrats Yoda!

                              Comment


                              • hi guys i am new to the forum,

                                i have been lurking this page and pretty much read most of this thread within a day and a half. I did not see the answer to a question that i have been having for awhile, so i was wondering if some of you guys can kindly answer it for me. I am supposed to be taking the CBP Officer exam in NYC on july 25th, I had a question regarding the logical reasoning section. I tried both practice exams on cbp.gov but i wanted to know was there any other question type stimuli or lead ins asked for the logical reasoning questions? By looking at the questions i can see most of them looking for a must be true answer, but i was a bit skeptical thinking that this would be the only form of question asked on the logical reasoning portion.

                                So in short i just want to basically ask, if any of you remember how the logical reasoning section was on the exam, were the questions just like the ones on the practice exam and nothing else? or did they add question types that were not on the practice exams?

                                thanks guys,
                                D
                                BPA( California)

                                NOR 75( no clue why am i stuck in the 70's) 9/2011

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 14596 users online. 464 members and 14132 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X