300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
    Once CASS showed background information as "in the security office", how long did it take for your Credit to be pulled, and/or contacted by an investigator?
    Usually it'll be right away, the first thing they do. It's the easiest and quickest thing they can do to knock you out!! Just slightly kidding.

Comment

• If someone is currently working for TSA, does all of their leave time transfer to CBP.. including sick time? or is it just annual time?
      Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
      Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
      Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
        If someone is currently working for TSA, does all of their leave time transfer to CBP.. including sick time? or is it just annual time?
        Yeah it should, if not they'd have to cut you a check for the balance.

Comment

• Does differential count towards your OT cap?

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
            Does differential count towards your OT cap?

Good question..I'd like to know the same thing. Anyone?

jrq16

Comment

• Another CBP Officer hopeful...

I have been doing research constantly for the past week on hopefully becoming a CBP officer and discovered this forum. I want to say thanks for all of the people before me who've contributed their opinions and experiences which have given me a great insight into what's to come. Looking forward to learning a lot more. Glad to be here!
              Last edited by BASTOS; 07-13-2008, 06:30 PM.
              Combat Veteran
              Application filed: 7/11/08
              Testing Date: 7/21/08 pending

Comment

• Originally posted by BASTOS View Post
                I have been doing research constantly for the past week on hopefully becoming a CBP officer and discovered this forum. I want to say thanks for all of the people before me who've contributed their opinions and experiences which have given me a great insight into what's to come. Looking forward to learning a lot more. Glad to be here!
                Welcome aboard!

Comment

• Does anyone know if CBPO are eligible for tuition reimbursement? If so, does anyone know any specifics of this program?

Comment

• Originally posted by jrq16 View Post
                    Originally Posted by shawal16
                    Does differential count towards your OT cap?

Good question..I'd like to know the same thing. Anyone?

jrq16

The 35K cap is combined overtime, sunday pay, evening/night differential and holidays worked.

Comment

• Originally posted by gms632 View Post
                      Does anyone know if CBPO are eligible for tuition reimbursement? If so, does anyone know any specifics of this program?
                      Yes they are. I can't recall the exact specifics but I know you have to have the PD's approval and you must apply for it. It is not like the military where it is guaranteed. The vast majority are approved. I do believe you have to be GS-11 to take advantage of the program. You can receive reimbursement for one class per semester.
                      But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• "The Call"

Deleted....
                        Last edited by Saladine; 08-20-2008, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saladine View Post
                          I was wondering what the average time is between everything in CASS saying 'completed" and the final call for an offer? Is it days, weeks, or months? Also, is there anyone here who has cleared all the steps in the hiring process and has been waiting an unusual amount of time for "the call".

Thanks
                          From the little that I know, I would expect the call sometime this week.

jrq16

Comment

• Well its official... start date in Miami is August 4th with FLETC date September 3rd. Thanks to everyone for all the info they have supplied since I joined this forum. Ill pass along any knowledge I have of the process, and academy life as I go through it. Thanks to everyone again.
                            Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
                            Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
                            Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by Saladine View Post
                              I was wondering what the average time is between everything in CASS saying 'completed" and the final call for an offer? Is it days, weeks, or months? Also, is there anyone here who has cleared all the steps in the hiring process and has been waiting an unusual amount of time for "the call".

Thanks
                              six weeks and counting. it doesn't feel like much since I tested nov 07, but its the anxiety of wanting to kno which crazy city ur gonna be forced to live in that makes it feel like forever
                              "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

• Are there any CBP officers here from an MIA Duty Station? If so can you please elaborate on what the work schedules are like? For example, are officers days off consecutive, and are the shifts on a rotating basis, etc.

Sea and airport welcome to answer.
                                Any extra info would be greatly appreciated.
                                Thank you

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10046 users online. 488 members and 9558 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X