Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So checked CASS today, and BI cleared. Finally. im just hoping "the call" happens soon.
    Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
    Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
    Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by Goosell View Post
      lol ok thats what i thought at first i was just curious as to why the hearing part was checked and nothing else was (huh??)

Anyways thanks for the quick response, i dont like worrying about things and now i can be at peace lol

thanks again
      You sound like me..lol

jrq16

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
        So checked CASS today, and BI cleared. Finally. im just hoping "the call" happens soon.

Did up clear yesterday (Thursday) or today?

jrq16

Comment

• Originally posted by jrq16 View Post
          Did up clear yesterday (Thursday) or today?

jrq16
          I checked thursday at about 1330 (EST) and it still said pending, checked today and it said completed.
          Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Comment

I checked thursday at about 1330 (EST) and it still said pending, checked today and it said completed.
            So, I guess the rule of law that CASS updates Tues/Thurs are no longer valid.

Comment

So checked CASS today, and BI cleared. Finally. im just hoping "the call" happens soon.
              Congratulations and good luck getting the call soon. What exactly happens at the background investigation interview? I read some posts where they say they talk for hours with the investigator. Is this true? What should I do to prepare myself for this interview? I answered every question in the e-qip so I know they have all my information.

On Monday I received a call from one of the investigators and he just wanted to verify the phone number and address of my former employer in Texas. How long did it take for you to clear the BI after your investigator started talkng with your references? Thanks in advance.

Comment

• when I talked to my investigator it was basically going over anything and everything on your credit report, making sure all your info was correct. Old jobs, coworkers, and took me about 3 hours of other questions regarding family, friends, drug history (if any), etc. I met with my investigator April 22, and it cleared as of today. The investigator started talking with my references shortly after our meeting.

As for preparing yourself, I'd suggest just relax, you know what your history is, so expect to talk about it. Business casual meeting attire.
                Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Comment

My guess is it was probably updated after you checked on Thursday. I would like to be wrong on this.

jrq16

Comment

• Originally posted by jrq16 View Post
                    My guess is it was probably updated after you checked on Thursday. I would like to be wrong on this.

jrq16
                    You very well could be right. Either way... Im enjoying the fact it says "completed" regardless of when it was put on there. ha ha
                    Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Comment

• Congratulations to everyone finishing the process. Be sure to keep us all updated when you get to FLETC.
                      ICE IEA

May 08 Written Test
                      Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                      March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                      July 09 Oral Board
                      Background Started 11/16/09

EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                      Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

Comment

• So, as opposed to it saying "completed" for my qualifications for GS-7 on CASS, i recieved a letter in the mail stating that I am qualified...is that simply cause CASS didnt update it before the letter was sent out or is it normal to receive the letter first?
                        Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Comment

• Cass

Does anyone know how long the BI takes? Written was 100 with no Vet Pref. VBT passed, Drug screen passed, medical/fitness passed, qualifications pending, BI is in the security office. Also my financial history isn't all that great- some late payments and a collection (4 years ago), anyone know how that will affect the processing?

Comment

• Originally posted by triplejump View Post
                            Does anyone know how long the BI takes?
                            All about luck I guess...I've been waiting now for a bit over 6 months for my BI to clear, some get cleared in weeks and some in 2 months...and If you're lucky you'll get the conditional clearance (they'll send you to the academy while they work on clearing your BI).
                            Take the chill pill, sit back and wait like the rest of us

Good luck...
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• I spoke with a CBP Officer from a port of entry in Arizona and he told me that they cannot make you work on your days off, but that if you do work on your day off, that you get paid triple time. Is this true, or was he just making it sound better?

I was also told that CBP officers here in Arizona are forced to work a lot of overtime. I spoke with different CBP officers from the same port and some told me that they have time for their families and some told me that they spent all their time at the port. Who's sayng the truth? From what I read, I understand that you cannot make more than $35,000 a year in overtime. If this is true, then your first years as a CBP officer are going to be brutal (in forced o/t), but than you won't have to put in many hours to make those extra $35,000 a year.

Anybody here from any port of entry in Arizona that can give me some input as to their schedule and family life? I know they are short staffed. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Once CASS showed background information as "in the security office", how long did it take for your Credit to be pulled, and/or contacted by an investigator?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9337 users online. 482 members and 8855 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X