300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BKsfinest10 View Post
    Seems like everyone is getting the call for Medical/Fitness today. I got mines for next week. Good luck to all applicants and start getting your cardio and breathing right because you are going to need it. Just follow the beat of the CD and you will be fine.
    i am more worried about the push up and sit ups. someone told me not to breath on the work but breathe on the rest is that true?
    CBPO

GEO: Brownsville, TX
    Test: 12/2010
    NOR: 1/2011 (89%-no vet pref.)
    TO: 6/7/2011
    PreEmploy Forms: 6/12/2011 (complete)
    Equip: 6/13/2011
    FT1: 6/27/2011 (Passed))
    VBT / SI: 7/11/11 (Passed)
    BI: 9/13/11 (passed)
    Medical: 7/15/2011 (cleared)
    Poly: 8/9/2011(passed)
    Drug Test: 9/8/2011(passed)
    got the call: 9/20/2011
    PFT2: 9/30/2011 (failed run by 40 seconds)
    NEW PFT2: 05/08/2012
    New EOD: 05/21/2012

ISO (Immigration Services Officer)

Test: 8/20/2011 (passed)

Comment

• Originally posted by jdesa View Post
      Anyone else still waiting on green checks for Pre-employment forms and Quals? I submitted my forms 5.28 and still dont have any check marks.
      i also have pending and i submitted mines two weeks ago. i think once the fitness and/or medical is done, then it will clear.
      CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by 180Degrees View Post
        My brother just received a TO for Georgia after changing his Geo Pref. He initially applied for NJ and got a 94 on his written exam. I wish I could change my pref.........
        i wish i got georgia preference which would be closer to home (miami, and my kids). unfortunately i will be away from everything and everyone in texas if i get in.....bummer.
        CBPO

Comment

• Originally posted by SDotNY View Post
          Got the call for the PFT1 today. Can anyone on the board advise about the parking situation at the JFK test site? Thanks in advance and good luck to all taking PFT1.
          You are probably taking it at the JFK Airport Medical. Parking is free and there will be spots. Its not near the terminals its on the east side of the airport near some of the cargo office buldings.
          CBPO
          TO - 05/08 JFK
          EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
            tell me about it... my question is, if you get a TO from a port that you would not want to work in your geographic preference and turn it down...is that it? That's your only shot?
            I don't know, I would like to stay in Cincinnati. To think that they can ship me off to Anyville, Mississippi doesn't settle easy with me. This is discouraging, but I'm staying hopeful and keeping my fingers crossed...although I'm sure Mississippi is really nice... :-)
            GEO: Midwest
            Written Exam: 12/10/10
            NOR: 1/25/11, score 93 no vet pref
            TO/TSL: 1/9/12
            VBT & SI: 2/8/12 (cleared CASS 3/27/12)
            PFT1: 2/9/12 (cleared CASS 2/15/12)
            Medical: 2/14/12, cleared CASS 3/6/12
            BI: IN SECURITY OFFICE
            Pre-employment forms: cleared CASS 4/9/12
            Qualified GS-7 (received letter 4/9/12, cleared on CASS 4/12/12)
            Polygraph: 5/11/12
            Drug test: 5/24/12, cleared CASS 5/31/12
            Met with BI: 7/27/12
            Called: 8/24/12, Chicago
            PFT2: 9/4/12
            EOD: 9/24/12
            FLETC: 10/31-3/15

Comment

• Originally posted by lang2 View Post
              This is stressing me out! This should apply for applicants coming in from now on, not us who have been counting on our selected locations!
              Well I still haven't gotten that email so I don't think it applies to me (I hope). Just another random complete change in this ridiculous process.
              CBPO
              TO - 05/08 JFK
              EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• June 22, 2011
                Dear Customs and Border Protection Officer Applicant:

Our records indicate that you have an active record on the Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Officer applicant inventory for the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

Why are we sending you this letter?

Changes have been made to the geographic location structure of the CBP Officer inventory. In order to meet the mission of the CBP, the inventory is being reorganized into geographic regions. Applicants on the inventory will be considered for locations within their selected geographic region. Applicants must be willing to work at any duty station within the geographic region. After tentative selection and upon successful completion of all pre-employment processes applicants will be made a final offer of employment. Offers of employment to specific duty posts will be based on the geographic region for which you were selected and the needs of the Agency. Attached you will find a break down of the new geographic regions.

What do I need to do to update my geographic region?

You do not need to take any action to update your geographic region. Please refer to the attached listing of the new geographic regions to see how the previous geographic locations will now be considered. You will automatically be placed in a new region based on your current geographic location. For example; if your current geographic location is New York City/JFK your new geographic region for consideration will be Central/East Coast.

What if I prefer a different region?

If you are interested in a location other than the one you will be automatically placed in, you may contact the Minneapolis Hiring Center (MHC) via email at [email protected].

Where does CBP anticipate filling vacancies?

Hiring for CBP Officers is anticipated mainly along the southwest border of the United States. Vacancy Announcement CBPO 11-2L will open for registration on June 23, 2011 and close on July 8, 2011 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time, or on the date the first 40,000 registrations are processed, whichever occurs first. The announcement will only be open for the Southwest and Southeast geographic regions. Applicants receiving this notice are not required to register during this open period. If you do register for a new geographic region under this announcement you will not be able to change to another geographic region. If you are tentatively selected under a new region the new selection will overwrite any previous selection. Registration is available 24 hours a day at www.usajobs.opm.gov.

What if I am no longer interested in the position?

If you are no longer interested in the CBP Officer position you may request to withdrawal your application from consideration by sending an email MHC at the email address above.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection
                Minneapolis Hiring Center

Comment

• Here is the list of geographic locations from the email I just posted.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Pft1.2

Just got called for the first fitness test... again. Just to clarify, I believe that the dreaded 5 minute step, 20 push ups and 25 sit ups are on the test. Am I missing anything?
                    CBPO
                    GEO - NY/JFK
                    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                    PE Forms - Completed
                    Fitness - Completed
                    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                    Drug Screen - Completed
                    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                    TSU

EOD: ???
                    FLETC: ???

Comment

• The "agility test"(side step) and lift/lower are also there. Also to clarify for myself, is this scored competitively? E.g. would the candidate that gets the maximum score in each section appear more desirable than the candidate who achieves the bare minimum?
                      CBPO
                      Test: 12/6/10

NOR: 1/25/11
                      T.O. 5/25/11
                      Geo: Laredo, TX
                      NYPD
                      Test: 2/2011
                      NOR: 5/4/11
                      List #: 1XX

Comment

• Hey everyone im new here to this thread ,anyways i just got my Tentative Selection Offer which i already submitted as well as the finger prints and the Tentative Selection Offer packet 2 which is for my background but i still havent been scheduled for my physical, medical, or drug test. I applied to Miami and received several options to change to swb but decided not too and finally received the TO in my Miami so i am def excited but want to know if anyone here is around the same steps as me or if they went through the same steps and what should i expect, thanks alot and good luck to everyone here

Comment

• Originally posted by adrielrimola View Post
                          Hey everyone im new here to this thread ,anyways i just got my Tentative Selection Offer which i already submitted as well as the finger prints and the Tentative Selection Offer packet 2 which is for my background but i still havent been scheduled for my physical, medical, or drug test. I applied to Miami and received several options to change to swb but decided not too and finally received the TO in my Miami so i am def excited but want to know if anyone here is around the same steps as me or if they went through the same steps and what should i expect, thanks alot and good luck to everyone here
                          You're in for quite a wait in MIA... a few were picked up recently and their TO's were from 08'!...
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

Last edited by waitingny; 11-21-2011, 10:46 AM. Reason: deleted

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                              Just got called for the first fitness test... again. Just to clarify, I believe that the dreaded 5 minute step, 20 push ups and 25 sit ups are on the test. Am I missing anything?
                              Did you even redo the Medical?
                              TSU - 8/28/09
                              TO - 3/2009
                              On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick7 View Post
                                The "agility test"(side step) and lift/lower are also there. Also to clarify for myself, is this scored competitively? E.g. would the candidate that gets the maximum score in each section appear more desirable than the candidate who achieves the bare minimum?
                                It is not scored competitively scored.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4108 users online. 199 members and 3909 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X