300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by socalpdcadet View Post
    I was wondering, if I'm using education and work experience to qualify, and I wanted to fax and mail my forms, do I open my official college transcripts to fax them or can I print out unofficial transcripts and fax them?
    According to the instructions I had to have the schools send the official transcripts to the hiring center. You cannot fax them
    CBPO
    Test- 12/9/10
    NOR- 1/07/11
    T.O.- 4/1/11
    Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
    Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
    Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
    Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
    Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
    Pft2- ?
    Eod- ?

Comment

• I tested in Dec 2008, cleared everything EOD aug2009. Redid my medical Apr. Everything back to green, email MHC back and fourth still no position available. I will have to redo my background check in august this year if I don't get an offer soon. this takes forever.
      SFO/OAK

Comment

• If i do not qualify now for the GS-7 level of employment but thought I would by now of application and my NOR states that I qualifiy for both GS-5 and 7 do I still have to fill out the GS-7 forms ???

Comment

• Anyone else still waiting on green checks for Pre-employment forms and Quals? I submitted my forms 5.28 and still dont have any check marks.
          CBPO TSL 5/25/11 | MED 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | PFT1 7/18/11 | VBT 7/20/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11

BPA TSL 5/24/11 | MED/PFT1 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | OB 7/22/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11 | TSU 8/22/11 | EOD 9/12/11

Comment

• Anyone else get this email today. Any vets out there that are on an old test and also applied to the recent VEOA announcement? if so do you think we are supposed to apply to this too?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//
            June 22, 2011

Dear Customs and Border Protection Officer Applicant:

Thank you for your interest in applying to the Customs and Border Protection Officer position as a VEOA or delayed filer applicant. The CBP Officer is a tested position and requires that all interested candidates take and pass the written examination in order to receive consideration for this position. This letter is to inform you of the upcoming Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO) open period for testing. In order to expedite testing for applicants interested in the CBPO position we are asking that you register during this open period and schedule a written examination session. The registration period will be open under vacancy announcement CBPO 11-2L beginning June 23, 2011 and close on July 8, 2011 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time, or on the date the first 40,000 applicants who have registered. The announcement will be posted on www.usajobs.opm.gov. We recommend that you register as soon as possible in order to receive consideration.

The test is comprised of three sections: Logical and Quantitative Reasoning Skills, Writing Skills, and an Assessment of Experience and Achievement. Applicants must obtain a combined rating of at least 70. Test scores are good for one year. We strongly recommend that you review the CBP test preparation manual (study guide), prior to taking the written examination. You may access it on the CBP website at: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/s...s_supervisory/
            There are also sample test questions provided in the preparation manual.

Once you have taken the written test you will receive a Notice of Results (NOR) by email (within 6-8 weeks) with your score. For all applicants who pass the written test please send us an email to [email protected] and we will update your VEOA/delayed filer application.

If you do not pass the written exam and receive a rating of “IA” there will be a 12-month test restriction policy, which requires you to wait 12 months before you would be eligible to retest.

Thank you for your continued interest in a position with U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

CBP – Minneapolis Hiring Center
            Recruitment and Examinations
            CBPO
            TO - 05/08 JFK
            EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Yup got it today, definitely applying.

Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
              Anyone else get this email today. Any vets out there that are on an old test and also applied to the recent VEOA announcement? if so do you think we are supposed to apply to this too?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//
              June 22, 2011

Dear Customs and Border Protection Officer Applicant:

Thank you for your interest in applying to the Customs and Border Protection Officer position as a VEOA or delayed filer applicant. The CBP Officer is a tested position and requires that all interested candidates take and pass the written examination in order to receive consideration for this position. This letter is to inform you of the upcoming Customs and Border Protection Officer (CBPO) open period for testing. In order to expedite testing for applicants interested in the CBPO position we are asking that you register during this open period and schedule a written examination session. The registration period will be open under vacancy announcement CBPO 11-2L beginning June 23, 2011 and close on July 8, 2011 at 11:59 pm Eastern Time, or on the date the first 40,000 applicants who have registered. The announcement will be posted on www.usajobs.opm.gov. We recommend that you register as soon as possible in order to receive consideration.

The test is comprised of three sections: Logical and Quantitative Reasoning Skills, Writing Skills, and an Assessment of Experience and Achievement. Applicants must obtain a combined rating of at least 70. Test scores are good for one year. We strongly recommend that you review the CBP test preparation manual (study guide), prior to taking the written examination. You may access it on the CBP website at: http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/careers/s...s_supervisory/
              There are also sample test questions provided in the preparation manual.

Once you have taken the written test you will receive a Notice of Results (NOR) by email (within 6-8 weeks) with your score. For all applicants who pass the written test please send us an email to [email protected] and we will update your VEOA/delayed filer application.

If you do not pass the written exam and receive a rating of “IA” there will be a 12-month test restriction policy, which requires you to wait 12 months before you would be eligible to retest.

Thank you for your continued interest in a position with U.S. Customs and Border Protection.

CBP – Minneapolis Hiring Center
              Recruitment and Examinations

Comment

• ^^^^^^ Not quite understanding the email? I did not receive one but is this open testing period for everyone and new applicants? or only people that applied as a VEOA or delayed filer applicant. What does VEOA or delayed filer applicant mean anyways?
                Tested: 8/2008
                TO: 12/2008
                GEO: LAX/LB
                1st TSU: 3/5/09
                2nd Medical: 6/1/11
                Cleared 6/22/11
                2nd BI: met 7/14/11
                Cleared 9/29/11
                2nd TSU:
                Referred to Schedule EOD: 9/23/2011

The Call: 10/24/11
                EOD: 11/21/11 (LAX)
                Fletc: 12/30 - 5/7/12

PFT2: 11/4/11 (passed)
                Final EOD letter: 11/7/11

Comment

• A new window just opened up a few minutes ago on USAJobs: http://jobsearch.usajobs.gov/search....asic.aspx&pg=8

Comment

• well, I guess not enough people took the SWB option. Some openings for Southeast region and most openings for southwest region.

Comment

• Originally posted by dubgirl2low View Post
                      If i do not qualify now for the GS-7 level of employment but thought I would by now of application and my NOR states that I qualifiy for both GS-5 and 7 do I still have to fill out the GS-7 forms ???
                      Yes, fill them out. Especially since your NOR states you qualify for both.

Comment

• Did anyone just receive an e-mail that referenced a re-organization of geographical regions based on areas in the United States?
                        CBP Officer
                        Initial Application: 11/16/10
                        Test Exam: 12/13/10
                        Notice of Results: 1/25/11 (GS-07: 92)
                        New Geography (SWB): 9/14/11
                        Tentative Offer: 9/29/11
                        Medical/PFT1: 10/25/11

Comment

• ?2nd background investigation
                          I met my second background investigator 5/6/11. My investigator told me she had two weeks to interview my references but only had a day to turn in the information I provided. She called me a day after the interview to clear up something about my school dates because I guess mhc was not clear on it but that was the last time I heard from her. What I am wondering is the references I provided which had already been interviewed before have not been contacted which makes since to me because all they are going to do is say the same thing they said two years ago. I did have a temporary job and that was the only thing that changed in two years and I provided her with those references. So I'm asking are the interviews only done with the new information provided or do they do all the interviews over? Because if it's with all the old references then something is not right because no one has been contacted. Im not sure if anyone from my temp job have been contacted but if they have I would feel better. By the way waitin on Ga. Everything recleared but background. In process since 2007. Pretty sure I have been skipped a couple of times. But anyone with info, I would appreciate it.
                          CBPO
                          Geo Pref:Georgia
                          NOR:3/07
                          T.O:10/08
                          1st TSU:6/09
                          2nd Fitness test:11/09
                          Credit pulled:4/10
                          2nd TSU:5/10
                          2nd Medical and 2nd drug test:3/11
                          2nd E-Quip and fingerprints:4/11
                          2nd Background Investigator:6/6/11
                          All green checks in Cass except background:in security office

Comment

• Originally posted by AnonymousPerson View Post
                            Did anyone just receive an e-mail that referenced a re-organization of geographical regions based on areas in the United States?
                            Yes I did...and I am not too happy about it. I went from Boston to anywhere from Pittsburgh to Maine excluding JFK New York, New York

Comment

• It's not allowing nationwide testing.... bummer no way I'm flying to Atlanta by the 18th of July to test.

Comment

• is this including border patrol as well ? isnt that a separate test from CBPO ?!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10815 users online. 374 members and 10441 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X