300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
    In previous years the packet came in the mail, from what I've seen posted from recent TO's is that they send you the cards through mail while the rest is on the email. You just have to wait to get them, if you see more than a week go by I'd advice you to contact MHC to let them now you never received them.
    Yoda , Greatly appreciated !!
    CBPO
    TEST : 12/09/10
    NOR : 1/27/11 (80%)
    TSL : 6/14/11
    GEO : SWB TEXAS

Comment

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
      Why would you want to retake the test for the same location if you already held a TO?

I don't know the answer, but assuming it's allowed I imagine they'd cancel the old TO and reissue a new TO accordingly.

Unless someone was looking to postpone their potential callup for the job by moving themselves further back in the TO line, I can't see any advantage to a TO holder who retests for the same location.
      If anything happened to my current T.O. I wouldn't want to wait for another announcement.
      CBPO
      GEO - NY/JFK
      TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
      PE Forms - Completed
      Fitness - Completed
      VBT - 03/09 - Completed
      Drug Screen - Completed
      Qual - 05/09 - Completed
      B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
      Medical - 05/09 - Completed
      TSU

EOD: ???
      FLETC: ???

Comment

• If i have 80 credit hours (associates degree) and 8 years experience for gs-5 level work and education combined how would I calculate that to find my combined level of education and experience to qualify or could i just qualify on my experience alone??
        Last edited by dubgirl2low; 06-17-2011, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Guile check CASS for an update, I'm assuming you're in the same boat as me with the recent geo code change. I'm headed to Laredo also. I was getting antsy about my pre-employment forms myself until I logged on 5 minutes ago. Mine just went green, maybe yours did as well.
          CBPO
          Test: 12/6/10

NOR: 1/25/11
          T.O. 5/25/11
          Geo: Laredo, TX
          NYPD
          Test: 2/2011
          NOR: 5/4/11
          List #: 1XX

Comment

• Originally posted by Polonicus View Post
            The problem is that my package came via e-mail not the regular mail :-)
            My cards came via FEDEX for BPA and Prioirty Mail for CBPO.
            CBPO TSL 5/25/11 | MED 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | PFT1 7/18/11 | VBT 7/20/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11

BPA TSL 5/24/11 | MED/PFT1 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | OB 7/22/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11 | TSU 8/22/11 | EOD 9/12/11

Comment

• Originally posted by dubgirl2low View Post
              If i have 80 credit hours (associates degree) and 8 years experience for gs-5 level work and education combined how would I calculate that to find my combined level of education and experience to qualify or could i just qualify on my experience alone??
              You should be more than qualified based on just your work history. Having said that, I'd run with the college experience as well.

It's all in how you write up your quals addressing your work/education which establishes you've aquired the required abilities to deal with people and to apply a body of facts.

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                If anything happened to my current T.O. I wouldn't want to wait for another announcement.
                What could happen to your current TO that wouldn't also happen to your newly issued TO?

I suppose that they could close out an old announcement and drop the old TOs. Having said that, your strategy seems to me to be a lot like buying flood insurance for your ski chalet. Even if you could do it, the risk is greater that the likely end is to further disadvantage yourself.

Comment

• Maverick, Yes I got the Green Check for my pre-employment forms about a week and a half ago, we got our TO's on Wednesday May 25 which included both pre-employment forms and the email with all the background forms the following day, I completed the online portion of the background that weekend and faxed all the forms the following Wednesday, June 1. I sent the fingerprints priority mail so I could have a delivery confirmation.
                  Soooo I was kinda hoping it would not be too long after we got the check for the Received forms part that we would see the check for the Qualifications Met part but who knows, its already been over a week since that for me. Now in one of the emails it said you should be contacted for the medical within 30 days of getting the TO letter so that would be June 25 for us and I still have not gotten a call. Not sure if that is dependent on getting the second green check that we meet the qualifications or not but again I'm hoping I hear something by the end of next week. Keep me updated on your timeline, who knows we may end up at the academy together.
                  CBPO
                  T.O. 5/25/11

Comment

• Guile your timeline sounds about even with mine so far. I do recall reading that statement about being contacted for the medical within 30 days of getting the TO. Hasn't happened yet for me, and June 25th is right around the corner. I'll keep you posted man, it would be nice to (sort of) know somebody if and when the time comes to head to FLET-C.
                    CBPO

T.O. 5/25/11
                    NYPD
                    Test: 2/2011
                    NOR: 5/4/11
                    List #: 1XX

Comment

• Has anyone gotten hired lately?

Comment

• Originally posted by Geologik1 View Post
                        Awesome I just received mine today through email for CA SW border! I honestly didn't think I was going to get selected but I was ecstatic I did to say the least. Good luck on your app process!
                        What is CASS

Comment

• Central Applicant Self Service system.

It's where you look to see the status of your application.

Comment

• Hey everyone as far as I know people that took cbp test in dec and have swb as a geo are either pending background, have had the investigator visit them or is going to have investigator visit them nxt wk. I'm waiting on someone to call me soon to meet up with the investigator. But even after that I would still need my vbt and drug test.
                            CBPO
                            Test- 12/9/10
                            NOR- 1/07/11
                            T.O.- 4/1/11
                            Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
                            Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
                            Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
                            Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
                            Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
                            Pft2- ?
                            Eod- ?

Comment

• Originally posted by GUILE View Post
                              Maverick, Yes I got the Green Check for my pre-employment forms about a week and a half ago, we got our TO's on Wednesday May 25 which included both pre-employment forms and the email with all the background forms the following day, I completed the online portion of the background that weekend and faxed all the forms the following Wednesday, June 1. I sent the fingerprints priority mail so I could have a delivery confirmation.
                              Soooo I was kinda hoping it would not be too long after we got the check for the Received forms part that we would see the check for the Qualifications Met part but who knows, its already been over a week since that for me. Now in one of the emails it said you should be contacted for the medical within 30 days of getting the TO letter so that would be June 25 for us and I still have not gotten a call. Not sure if that is dependent on getting the second green check that we meet the qualifications or not but again I'm hoping I hear something by the end of next week. Keep me updated on your timeline, who knows we may end up at the academy together.

After you send the Fingerprint cards and fill out E-qip you will see in CASS at about 3-4 weeks:
                              Back Ground Investigation -pending- Your case is in the security office.
                              I got my TO in March & Med/Fitness in April
                              CBPO
                              Exam: 12/2010
                              GEO: Texas West/N Mexico
                              NOR: Jan 2011
                              TO VRA: 3/2011 El Paso
                              TO: 4/2011 El Paso
                              Pre emp : Completed
                              Qualifications: Completed
                              PT Test: 4/2011 Completed
                              Drug Screening: not required
                              Medical: 4/2011 Completed
                              BI met w/ investigator 7/14 Completed 8/16
                              VBI: 08/12/2011 letter received 8/27 Passed
                              Change GEO,- Southeast 6/08
                              TSU 8/18/2011

Comment

• I applied for SW border( critical fill) and got the call. The whole process from application to call was a little over 18 months. I would consider myself as highly qualified for the position.
                                95 on test/9yr military/B.S. in Criminal Justice/Certified in Spanish by DHS/phsically fit/
                                I don't think any of that matters because budget issues and issues with agents on the border slowed everything down. Word of advise is be patient and stop guessing the timeframe it will just drive you crazy. Concentrate on fitness and Spanish everything else is beyond our control. Bye the way after all the wait I denied the position because the port was too small for my family needs. So there is one spot open..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10025 users online. 442 members and 9583 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X