Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In regards to the Korea gig, just like any other gig that involves a security clearance, foreign nationals and foreign travel will be looked at. I'm sure going to Korea will be okay, just look at the questions in the SF86 in regards to foreign people, travel, business, property, etc.

Are you willing to come back early if they offered you a job?

Comment

• In regards to the long hiring process, you have to realize from the years of 2007 until now, many agencies were not doing that much hiring due to the "economy." Much of the hiring was internal, or strictly to replace bodies such as new retires. With new budgets being passed the process should be different.
      Exam: 12/10
      NOR: 1/25/10
      Qualifications: (GS-7)
      T.O: 5/25/11 (Georgia)
      PFT1: 6/11 (Cleared)
      B.I.: 6/11 (Started)
      Medical: 7/11 (Cleared)
      VBT & S.I.: 7/11(Cleared)
      Drug Test: 8/11 (Cleared)
      B.I.: 9/11 (Cleared)
      PFT2: (rescheduled due to high BP)

Comment

• Originally posted by jaxamillian View Post
        2 years is long. Thank you for the response regarding timeline. I have read the first few hundred pages of this thread and could not find information regarding my first question regarding background investigation and my job situation. If you have any light to shed on this question, or if you could point me to the right page, it would be much appreciated.

Also, another question: Now that I know the timeline is probably around two years, would going to Korea to teach English for a year jeopardize my application status in any way?

Thanks once again.
        Well you have two choices

1- Lie on your background, then get caught because any on the books job you had will be on your SS earnings statements and on your yearly tax filings. Then get dropped from consideration over some thing stupid.

or 2- List it like the application requires and then articulately explain what happened when the time comes. And then have a much better chance than option 1 of getting the job.

Did you really need someone to tell you this?
        CBPO
        TO - 05/08 JFK
        EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by waitingny View Post
          That is horrible news, my BI expired for the second time and I know the port I am looking to go to is trying very hard to get new employees.....hope my investigator comes quickly!
          It is a BullShXt system because they should have sent us to redo backgrounds earlier than other based on our TO or testing date. They should not have had the people tested and got TOs later start redoing their steps first. It makes no sense.
          CBPO
          TO - 05/08 JFK
          EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Yoda, Yes I also received the email about the move.

For all you guys that switched to SWB and are now frowning about making that decsion let me try and give you some positive ways to look at the SWB. I too switched to SWB, my geo is now Laredo, TX and although it may not be the greatest place to live in America this is how I am looking at the situation.
            1. My original geo was West Coast Florida and if I had not made the switch I'd probably still be waiting on a T.O.
            2. I actually called up a long term CBPO employee working at the Laredo airport and talked to him for a good 45 minutes. One thing he said I think is worth mentioning here was that working at such a busy port you get to learn and do many different things. He said ports such as this are known for turning out hard working employees that know how to do the job very well, so when it comes time to try and make that transfer down the road other Port Directors know your gonna know how to do your job and would more than likely choose you over say a new person fresh out of the academy. Just his two cents which sounded logical to me.
            3. Overtime, chances are pretty good if your at a busy location the overtime is there if you want it, and personally I'm all about some extra benjamins.
            4. Spanish, personally I'm really looking forward to learning Spanish and actually becoming fluent in it. For one thing I think its just great to have a second language but for everyone out there that may be thinking about trying to cross over into another agency down the road like ICE I'm sure this will be a shinny star on your resume.

Also, I have a wife and two boys 8 years old and 9 months, is this my ideal place to raise a family, probably not, but like any city I know theres good areas and bad, at least they have several private schools, hospitals, etc like any other major city so we plan on making the most of our time there and just going to be happy that I am getting my foot in the door with a good federal job that has some longevity in a economic time where jobs and especially stable jobs are very hard to come by. Anyways thats just my two cents I am be completly wrong on all that but I think you need to always try and find the silver lining in any situation where you may not initially think there is any lining in at all.
            CBPO
            Test: 12/6/10
            NOR: 1/25/11
            T.O. 5/25/11
            Geo: Laredo, TX

Comment

• Oh I almost forgot I actually do have a question. At what point do we find out if we qualified for the GS-5 or 7? In CASS it still says qualifications pending even though they received all my paperwork so I was wondering once I see that check for qualifications met if we would be notified somehow of what level we qualified for?
              CBPO
              Test: 12/6/10
              NOR: 1/25/11
              T.O. 5/25/11
              Geo: Laredo, TX

Comment

• I have a wild and unsubstantiated suspicion that if any major LE agencies/departments begin to hire that other major agencies will as well. Take NY for example. If the NYPD and SCPD have a mass hiring at some point, you can bet that the best in the NYC CBP pool would have also taken those tests. Unless CBP wanted to get the dregs of their own pool, they might want to start up quick to retain some talent.

Is there any possibility of this scenario?
                CBPO
                GEO - NY/JFK
                TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
                PE Forms - Completed
                Fitness - Completed
                VBT - 03/09 - Completed
                Drug Screen - Completed
                Qual - 05/09 - Completed
                B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
                Medical - 05/09 - Completed
                TSU

EOD: ???
                FLETC: ???

Comment

• Unable to fill in forms on computer

Can anyone provide some assistance on filling up the forms on the CBPO e-TSL 1 Attachment pdf file? I am unable to type the information in any of the documents. Thanks.

Comment

• Wow teppo we have the exact amount of wait time. I took my exam 7/24/2008. I get to meet with my second 2nd BI for a polygraph test in the morning. Hoping to get the call soon!

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
                      I have a wild and unsubstantiated suspicion that if any major LE agencies/departments begin to hire that other major agencies will as well. Take NY for example. If the NYPD and SCPD have a mass hiring at some point, you can bet that the best in the NYC CBP pool would have also taken those tests. Unless CBP wanted to get the dregs of their own pool, they might want to start up quick to retain some talent.

Is there any possibility of this scenario?
                      Im pretty sure ever CBP in line will tak e have took all or most of the Civil service exams.. including NYPD Sullfok, Fdny NYC Corrrectrions Court officer as well as other federal jobs.. So yes most of them will talk which ever calls them first..
                      CBPO
                      GEO - NY/JFK
                      TO - 01/29/09
                      TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
                      Expired 6/10/11
                      Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• Unable to fill in forms on computer
                        Can anyone provide some assistance on filling up the forms on the CBPO e-TSL 1 Attachment pdf file? I am unable to type the information in any of the documents. Thanks.
                        Try using a pen.
                        CBPO TSL 5/25/11 | MED 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | PFT1 7/18/11 | VBT 7/20/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11

BPA TSL 5/24/11 | MED/PFT1 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | OB 7/22/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11 | TSU 8/22/11 | EOD 9/12/11

Comment

• Originally posted by GUILE View Post
                          Oh I almost forgot I actually do have a question. At what point do we find out if we qualified for the GS-5 or 7? In CASS it still says qualifications pending even though they received all my paperwork so I was wondering once I see that check for qualifications met if we would be notified somehow of what level we qualified for?
                          Guile,
                          This what CASS says on mine, so yes once you get that green check it will tell you at what level you quailified.
                          "A review of your work experience and/or education has been completed and you have been found to be qualified at Grade 7"

Comment

• @moplease
                            Can't do it either the document is set up on "read only". Unless you have an expensive adobe software, do it by hand.

Comment

• I took the VBT on mid 2008, on CASS now shows pending does this mean I have to re-do the VBT???

Comment

• hey guys,
                                when the new announcement opens up next week, do we have re-apply again or just stay with the current score???

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10071 users online. 340 members and 9731 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X