Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arewethereyet
    U.S. Coast Guard
    • Jun 2007

I read that CASS updates twice weekly. Could it be that I can't log in yet because CASS hasn't updated yet or because I haven't turned in my Applicant Checklist yet due June 24?

Comment

• Arewethereyet
      U.S. Coast Guard
      • Jun 2007

Originally posted by WarV2A
      I'm in the BP process and after my med exam, I need meet the vision requirements. I had to have a second eye exam with my private eye doctor and sent in to MHC within 30 days. I had 20/100 in my left eye and 20/200 in my right. About a month later, MHC med unit called me and told me there is a still a chance I will clear medical without having to undergo LASIK, the doctor just had to go over my vision results and clear it. About a month after that I got a call from medical again letting me know I cleared medical. So there is still a chance, don't get discouraged. The worst that could happen is that you will have to get LASIK done.
      Thanks! I can't get LASIK for military reasons, but I can do PRK. I just heard recovery for PRK takes a while. It would be nice if the military forked the bill...

Comment

• BiggyWannaBGman
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2010

Originally posted by mrst
        Hi all been reading these forums since my TO in 2009. I'm just trying to figure out if any one knows what date they are hiring by. I am applied to Washington northern border and TO date of 1/2009 and referred to schedule my eod on 6/1/2011. Yet another person with a TO of 4/2009 and referred on 6/2/2011 just got the call for blaine. Im glad calls are going out and grats to those getting them. But i just am frustrated about not knowing what is going on.
        Your time will come. 2009er's are getting the call. Maybe that person was a VET, had vet points, scored higher on the test, is a student co op etc.

Think of it like this for every person that goes before you, you get closer to the top of the list. So it will come, hang in there.
        CBPO
        Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
        TO: 2/2011
        Medical: 3/22/2011
        PT Test: 3/22/2011
        VBT: 3/2011
        Background: 3/2011
        Drug Test: 4/2011
        Referred to TSU: 5/2011
        PT Test 2: TBD
        FLETC: Good Question lol
        CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
        Info Session 9/2009
        Interview 3/2010
        COE 5/2010
        Medical 5/2010
        Fit/Background 7/2010
        All clear as of 11/2010
        FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• BiggyWannaBGman
          Forum Member
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Arewethereyet
          Wow, after receiving a few emails about changing my GEO to the SWB, I thought long and hard about it, but seeing as that I just got married, I declined that offer and waited out my current GEO selection. I tested back in December 2010, got my NOR in Feb 2011, and guess what? Just got my TO for the Northern Virginia area (Sterling/Alexandria)!

I'm filling out the paperwork now, but I was honestly surprised to receive a TO this soon (I thought maybe another year or so).

Does anyone know how strict they are with the vision requirement? I wear contacts all the time, but my vision is just awful without them. I'm 20/20 with them on, but worse than 20/100 without them. Is that a DQ?
          Congrats on the TO. Vision is laxed I think it is 20/40 with them on. I wear contacts too. It was not as strict as the marshals, you will be fine.

Nice to see another former marshal FCIPer in the process too lol
          Last edited by BiggyWannaBGman; 06-14-2011, 05:05 PM.
          CBPO
          CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
          Info Session 9/2009
          Interview 3/2010
          COE 5/2010
          Medical 5/2010
          Fit/Background 7/2010
          All clear as of 11/2010

Comment

• BiggyWannaBGman
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by WarV2A
            I'm in the BP process and after my med exam, I need meet the vision requirements. I had to have a second eye exam with my private eye doctor and sent in to MHC within 30 days. I had 20/100 in my left eye and 20/200 in my right. About a month later, MHC med unit called me and told me there is a still a chance I will clear medical without having to undergo LASIK, the doctor just had to go over my vision results and clear it. About a month after that I got a call from medical again letting me know I cleared medical. So there is still a chance, don't get discouraged. The worst that could happen is that you will have to get LASIK done.
            +1

I had the same problem, saw my own eye doctor to redo the vision. No biggy.
            CBPO
            CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
            Info Session 9/2009
            Interview 3/2010
            COE 5/2010
            Medical 5/2010
            Fit/Background 7/2010
            All clear as of 11/2010

Comment

• merlin436
              Forum Member
              • Mar 2005

Last I knew, calls go out based on your certification date. Your certification date may...or mayn't be on or around your TO date.

Comment

• Waterpistola
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2008

arewethereyet: what was your CBP score? This gives all non-SWB applicants some hope!

Comment

• Jess528
                  Forum Member
                  • Mar 2007

I was wondering if anyone had any insight on if/when CBP might have a new announcement out. I understand the current wait times/length of the process/amount of people in the pipeline. Just wondering if anyone caught wind of something coming out anytime soon. Thanks in advance!

Comment

• LIcoastie
                    Forum Member
                    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by sr20
                    WOW! This process is insane! I have much earlier TO/TSU than him and I even did a poly earlier this year. I got the call last week to redo my medical for the 2nd time. I still havent got the call for the 2nd Drug test. This dont make sense anymore. So I guess if you have something pending, theyre really going to skip to the next available applicant?
                    Yup were getting skipped while anything is pending, which is the exact opposite of what they said would happen last year. We have to just hope there is enough open spots left by the time we get clear again.
                    CBPO
                    TO - 05/08 JFK
                    EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• LIcoastie
                      Forum Member
                      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman
                      Your time will come. 2009er's are getting the call. Maybe that person was a VET, had vet points, scored higher on the test, is a student co op etc.

Think of it like this for every person that goes before you, you get closer to the top of the list. So it will come, hang in there.
                      I dont think it has anything to do with being a Vet. I have a 5 point preference and I got skipped by someone with a TO 6 months later than mine. It is a hot load of BS, every other local and state civil service can establish a list where you can see your number. There is no reason why CBP cant do the same
                      CBPO
                      TO - 05/08 JFK
                      EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Arewethereyet
                        U.S. Coast Guard
                        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Waterpistola
                        arewethereyet: what was your CBP score? This gives all non-SWB applicants some hope!
                        My score with Vet Pref was only a 90!

Comment

• Thoughtless
                          Forum Member
                          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Jess528
                          I was wondering if anyone had any insight on if/when CBP might have a new announcement out. I understand the current wait times/length of the process/amount of people in the pipeline. Just wondering if anyone caught wind of something coming out anytime soon. Thanks in advance!
                          The rumor mill here at FLETC has the next announcement being on June 21 and will be open to all POEs nationwide. I am not sure how reliable or where this rumor started so take it with a grain of salt. Now before people start jumping up and down, please remember that announcements are planned for future hiring for years down the road. To the best of my knowledge, those who have been hired recently have waited two to four years for the southwest border and non-border ports, respectively.

Comment

• 180Degrees
                            Forum Member
                            • Feb 2010

Wow, after receiving a few emails about changing my GEO to the SWB, I thought long and hard about it, but seeing as that I just got married, I declined that offer and waited out my current GEO selection. I tested back in December 2010, got my NOR in Feb 2011, and guess what? Just got my TO for the Northern Virginia area (Sterling/Alexandria)!

I'm filling out the paperwork now, but I was honestly surprised to receive a TO this soon (I thought maybe another year or so).

Does anyone know how strict they are with the vision requirement? I wear contacts all the time, but my vision is just awful without them. I'm 20/20 with them on, but worse than 20/100 without them. Is that a DQ?
                            You're the first December tester that I've seen that has received a TO for a non SWB location. I really hope TO's start rolling out for those of us who chose to stick with non-SWB locations, I was beginning to think that the November announcement was a bait and switch situation drawing in applicants nationwide and then prompting them to change repeatedly to SWB locations with hyped up emails.

Anyone else here have a geo location for Maine that applied in November 2010?

Congrats on your TO!

Comment

• Waterpistola
                              Forum Member
                              • Mar 2008

My score with Vet Pref was only a 90!
                              That's very encouraging. I have a mid 90's score with Boston as my port.

Best of luck to you!

Comment

• Waterpistola
                                Forum Member
                                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by 180Degrees
                                Anyone else here have a geo location for Maine that applied in November 2010?
                                we probably tested together in Bangor

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11881 users online. 66 members and 11815 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...