Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It really doesn't matter what they say. Nobody, regardless of rank or experience has any idea whatsoever about what is going on. Our government is an arbitrary leviathan. Your best bet in understanding the beast is to study chaos theory.

No document in this hiring process entitles us to the belief that it holds water or conveys any type of guarantee or rule set in stone. The call will come when it comes, after we have completed numerous changing requirements multiple times; and that likelihood is low and getting lower, distant and getting more distant. Or not, and you will be called tomorrow randomly.
    CBPO
    GEO - NY/JFK
    TEST - 03/08 (NOR: 04/08)

TO - 01/09
    PE Forms - Completed
    Fitness - Completed
    VBT - 03/09 - Completed
    Drug Screen - Completed
    Qual - 05/09 - Completed
    B.I. - 05/09 - Completed
    Medical - 05/09 - Completed
    TSU

EOD: ???
    FLETC: ???

Comment

• Originally posted by TuffStuffCBP View Post
      It really doesn't matter what they say. Nobody, regardless of rank or experience has any idea whatsoever about what is going on. Our government is an arbitrary leviathan. Your best bet in understanding the beast is to study chaos theory.

... likelihood is low and getting lower, distant and getting more distant. Or not, and you will be called tomorrow randomly.
      Amen! [shakes fist in the air]

Comment

• From NYC. Did anyone get a call this week? I have been reading this thread and I noticed a lot of ppl from NY got a call. Did my interview last month and my fitness test.
        Last edited by masterfoly; 06-10-2011, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• The guys getting calls for non-swb have done the interview and initial fitness test like 3 years ago....just to give you a heads up on how long the process takes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
            I believe she is currently a BPA - which explains why her background is already cleared and drug test is not required.
            LOL, seriously??? Umm that's the least of my concerns. Yes I work for BP so I am subject to random drug tests at any point without warning. I have never done drugs and nor will I ever so I could care less if I needed to do or not. What I am dying to know is when on earth are they going to start conducting VBT interviews........

Comment

• Originally posted by LAX CBP View Post
              Does anybody knows at PTF2 if there is a rest time between the test? if there is for how long?
              They will play a CD which includes your rests in between. You will be recieving instructions for the next portion while you rest. I believe its 3 min in between to answer your question.

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                For anyone that has recently taken the PFT2 were you offered more than one possible day to do the tests? And were there many people taking the test or was it just you?
                When I went, there were about 12 other people. I was given a two days notice (that was my only option) but the others there were just told the day before, and they were advised if they didn't show they wouldn't be able to reschedule until a few months later. Keep in mind, most of the time when do any of the steps they aren't filling your needs, they are done by masses.

Comment

• it's probably already been posted. i'm just too lazy to check. just got off a 16 hour shift. cbp hiring for swb starting june 21. TX, CA, AZ and for some reason GA. won't be open long. i think they're only taking 25k applicants. hopefully i didn't read it incorrectly and it ends up being a lateral thing within the agency. but i'm pretty sure that it's a fresh opening. tell your friends. good luck all.

Comment

• Originally posted by LIL_VET_WIFE View Post
                    LOL, seriously??? Umm that's the least of my concerns. Yes I work for BP so I am subject to random drug tests at any point without warning. I have never done drugs and nor will I ever so I could care less if I needed to do or not. What I am dying to know is when on earth are they going to start conducting VBT interviews........
                    What was wrong with anything I said? I was responding to a question why you may not have to submit a drug test and your current position in the agency being the reason.

Comment

What was wrong with anything I said? I was responding to a question why you may not have to submit a drug test and your current position in the agency being the reason.
                      oh no, I didn't mean it like that. I meant that I wish it was a simple drug that was pending for me and not the VBT, because for that I have to wait for MHC to decide they have enough people to schedule one. And FYI if you are already with CBP for the most part your background and pee test transfer

Comment

• he was responding to my question. I was just curious. It appeared that CBP didn't conduct drug tests, but now i know and knowing is half the battle.

Comment

• bout to be another opening in newark!

Comment

• i never took the poly in spring 2009 and my BI passed -- its currently pending

Originally posted by sandwichman View Post
                            My former FBI guy/poly administrator told me that as of 2008 EVERYONE is getting polygraphed because there were some security issues with new hires around that time. So yes, anticipate a phone call regarding one.
                            CBPO:
                            WRITTEN: 7/08 Miami
                            NOR: 8/10/08 - 92 GS7
                            T.O.: 2/09
                            GEO - Miami Florida -i hope i can get Ft Lauderdale
                            Pre-employment forms - 2/09 completed
                            Quals - Completed 6/19/09 GS7
                            VBT - 3/24/09 Passed 5/09
                            Medical - 2/09 completed
                            Drug Screen - 2/09 completed
                            Fitness - 2/09 completed
                            BI - Met w. Investigator 4/15/09
                            TSU- 6/24/2009
                            EOD- ??? wish they would call
                            update credit check 4/10
                            new TSU date on CASS 5/21/2010

Comment

• i wish my background was clear again been waiting 3+years for miami
                              CBPO:
                              Medical - 2/09 completed
                              Fitness - 2/09 completed
                              TSU- 6/24/2009
                              update credit check 4/10

Comment

Spoke to a few guys from the newest class. They said their class consists of people from all over the nation: a few from Detroit, JFK, and most noticeably 10 people from Miami. I believe that is the largest non-southwest border port of entry group present. Hope that is of any help to anyone.
                                been waiting 3+years for miami my background is pending again
                                CBPO:
                                Medical - 2/09 completed
                                Fitness - 2/09 completed
                                TSU- 6/24/2009
                                update credit check 4/10

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4550 users online. 250 members and 4300 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X