300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Beecy View Post
    Mine did the same thing...went pending..then back to complete without actually retesting. When I asked them they plainly said "the only thing pending on your file is your medical at this time". Never really addressed it.
    Yeah they kept avoiding giving me an answer on that question in my emails. I have taken enough drug tests already this year anyway, I just took another this morning for the BOP so its nice to not have to do it again, but if they are going to half *** that part why not just assume I would pass everything else too and just be done with this process already
    CBPO
    TO - 05/08 JFK
    EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• ok, just a quick update..... Everything on my cass is green all I need is the Structured Interview/VBT, which hasn't even been scheduled yet.

Timeline:

Dec 2010 test: 98% (no vet points)
      April 2011 TO
      May 2011 PF1/Medical (Cleared today)
      Background: Completed
      Drug Test: Not Required
      Structured Interview: pending
      Geo: AZ

Comment

• When does the BI actually expire after one year? The day that you were cleared or the day they initiated the BI?

I met my 2nd BI sometime around Sept 2010, cleared around Apr 2011.
        TSU - 8/28/09
        TO - 3/2009
        On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by LIL_VET_WIFE View Post
          ok, just a quick update..... Everything on my cass is green all I need is the Structured Interview/VBT, which hasn't even been scheduled yet.

Timeline:

Dec 2010 test: 98% (no vet points)
          April 2011 TO
          May 2011 PF1/Medical (Cleared today)
          Background: Completed
          Drug Test: Not Required
          Structured Interview: pending
          Geo: AZ
          How is a drug test not required?

Comment

• Wow, that's bologna. I mean, I believe you but that's counter to anything I have ever heard before. The only thing that makes sense is that you haven't taken a polygraph or completed all the steps. I hear a panel interview is mandatory now. Maybe we have to take that? Now you got me worried bc my 2 year background has expired. I still have the "you have tentatively met the requirements blah blah blah" message and it's been like that for over a month (about the time my 2 year BI was up). I better not get passed up like that (though I doubt I will bc my to isn't the best). I have emails stating that they won't skip people b/c something expires. Did this change? I would call them and talk to someone and document everything said and who you talked to, etc.

Either way, lmk what happens. That's wild.

Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
            So heres another update. I emailed MHC and asked if my spot in line was safe since my background expired and is currently pending, this was the answer they gave me:

"Good morning,

At this time your file is with the security department to update an expired background.
            Since you are not available to the training and scheduling department we can not offer you a position."

And today I also found out another applicant (for the same port) with a similar test date, but a TO 6 months after mine got the call for EOD. So your spot is not safe in line even though you have been waiting years and doing every little thing on time whenever MHC asks, you will be passed over for another applicant who is fully cleared! Even though you have been fully cleared in the process more than once over the years! I wouldn't be that upset if I knew how many slots are available but since no one will tell me there is no way to know if the last person who skipped me filled the last spot for this fiscal year

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
              How is a drug test not required?
              Is Lil Vet currently working for LE with DHS? If so, drug test not required.

Comment

• anyone still waiting for NJ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SDfed619 View Post
                  Is Lil Vet currently working for LE with DHS? If so, drug test not required.
                  I believe she is currently a BPA - which explains why her background is already cleared and drug test is not required.

Comment

• IDK, I will continue to do whatever they need me to do as many times at this point. I have no background issues, I have passed a few in the last couple of years with no problems including the first one I did for this position. I start with BOP next month and I will just hang out there until they get back around to me after my new background also clears. It is what it is, Im not going to take it any further.

Originally posted by seeOH View Post
                    Wow, that's bologna. I mean, I believe you but that's counter to anything I have ever heard before. The only thing that makes sense is that you haven't taken a polygraph or completed all the steps. I hear a panel interview is mandatory now. Maybe we have to take that? Now you got me worried bc my 2 year background has expired. I still have the "you have tentatively met the requirements blah blah blah" message and it's been like that for over a month (about the time my 2 year BI was up). I better not get passed up like that (though I doubt I will bc my to isn't the best). I have emails stating that they won't skip people b/c something expires. Did this change? I would call them and talk to someone and document everything said and who you talked to, etc.

Either way, lmk what happens. That's wild.
                    CBPO
                    TO - 05/08 JFK
                    EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• For anyone that has recently taken the PFT2 were you offered more than one possible day to do the tests? And were there many people taking the test or was it just you?
                      CBPO
                      TO - 05/08 JFK
                      EOD - 12/05/2011

Comment

• Does anybody knows at PTF2 if there is a rest time between the test? if there is for how long?
                        Forms: Completed
                        Fitness: Completed
                        Medical: Completed
                        VBT: Completed
                        Drug test: Completed
                        Quals: Completed - GS-7
                        Background Investigation: Completed
                        TSU: August 7, 2009
                        2nd TSU: August 31, 2010
                        Referred to Schedule EOD: September 13, 2010
                        EOD: ?
                        FLETC: ?

Comment

• Hey boss,

I went through all my emails and what not and I found this email from October of 2009 that was sent to EVERYONE. I'll give you the abbreviated parts which contradict what you have been told... at least they do in my opinion.

"At this time we do not have any vacancies in your selected geographic location and we are unable to predict when vacancies will become available. Hiring has slowed considerably due to the current economic climate. Please be assured that our office will contact you once we receive enough vacancies to reach your name. This email is intended to provide you with some answers to the TSU’s frequently asked questions (FAQ).

Q. Do I lose my place in the queue if I have to repeat any pre-employment requirements (i.e. medical, fitness)?

A. Although CASS will update with your most recent Refer to Scheduling date, our office always tracks your original Refer to Scheduling date. Once vacancies occur in your selected geographic location, you will be called in the order your file was originally referred to Scheduling.

Q. Does my application expire after the 90 day time frame has elapsed?

A. The 30/60/90 day time frame provided on CASS is only an estimate and may be extended depending on your selected geographic location. Your file will remain in the Scheduling Unit until we receive vacancies in your location. Most pre-employment processes (medical, fitness, etc.) are valid for one year. If anything expires, you will be contacted for an update. "

The second Q&A doesn't really matter because we all know this to be true. However, the first Q&A I listed goes against what you have been recently told. Maybe the BI is an exception but why would they not tell us this? Did you take a polygraph??? That's the only thing I can think of that might have put your file behind the other person whom got hired before you.

Lastly, BOP is a good job. Trust me ;-) You will learn a lot about yourself dealing with nuts and butts all day! I did not make a career out of it but it was a good start for me and I look back with a smile. Never thought I would do some of the stuff I did. Good luck to you!

Comment

• seeOH,
                            Your emails are from back when they held us through our TSU dates, which is now not used, they use your certificate/TO date to hand out the jobs... So they might have changed the way they hold you in the line. Personally I have called in to check when CASS has gone mad and when they check their computers they have old and outdated stuff showing up... It may be that once something goes to pending on CASS your TO gets pulled out of TSU until it is back to green. This really sucks for you coastie, believe me I feel your pain! Drive on brother!...
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                              seeOH,
                              Your emails are from back when they held us through our TSU dates, which is now not used, they use your certificate/TO date to hand out the jobs... So they might have changed the way they hold you in the line. Personally I have called in to check when CASS has gone mad and when they check their computers they have old and outdated stuff showing up... It may be that once something goes to pending on CASS your TO gets pulled out of TSU until it is back to green. This really sucks for you coastie, believe me I feel your pain! Drive on brother!...
                              someone posted back in May...

I'm not sure if this will answer your question, but I also had a question about being pending in CASS:

Good Afternoon,

I am currently in the process of mailing off my second background investigation to MHC. If a position at my airport is open and I am next in line, will I lose the spot because my background went to pending? Thanks for any information.

XXXXXX XXXXXX
                              XXXXXXXX

MHC response:

You ranked based on the certificate under which your name was pulled, so to answer your question, so you would not loose your place.

Thank you,

Training Scheduling Unit
                              Recruitment and Placement Consulting
                              Minneapolis Hiring Center
                              TSU - 8/28/09
                              TO - 3/2009
                              On the job

Comment

• Hey everyone, I have been watching this forum for years and figured it was about time to join in. I too have been waiting forever.

Written test: 7/2008
                                TO: 8/2008
                                original TSU: 1/2009
                                GEO: East Texas

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9059 users online. 302 members and 8757 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X