Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CBP officer

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by grullj View Post
    I have a question. First of all let me tell you about my status in the hiring process. I have completed all of the steps in CASS except for the BI. But I got a letter in the mail yesterday saying that they are still waiting for my pre employment forms. I submitted those about a month and a half ago through the mail. But I never submitted it electronically through e-qip. The reason is because I have completed all of the application but when I get to the certify and review page it won't give me an option to submit. I think the reason may be because it says I have an error. But that error is that I haven't provided 10 years of work experience. Well I'm only 21 so I only have 6 years of work experience. Any suggestions on why I can't submit electronically, because I can't reach anyone at the CBP staffing center.

    Sorry for the long email!
    Try calling the e-qip unit at 612-467-7014
    CBPO
    Test-11/07, T.O. 1/08 (WA)
    Med/Fit-completed 1/08
    Forms/Drug/VBT-completed 2/08
    Quals-completed 6/08
    BI-completed 8/08
    Referred to Schedule EOD 8/15/08

    The Call-9/29/08
    Start-10/14/08
    FLETC-11/13/08

    CBPI-911

    Comment


    • can somebody answer this question? I took and passed the written test in november 2007 and it said my eligibility expires november 2008, has anyone had to extend eligibility pass the written test expiration?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by will0861 View Post
        I'd suggest reading some of the older posts, but you'll find that there is no rhyme or reason to who gets hired and when. There are a few of us here that have been waiting on backgrounds for almost 7 months now. Some others only had to wait a few months. I've been waiting about 18 months total, but others have been hired in 6.

        It's hard, but patience is the only advice I can give. My only suggestion is to keep all your options open, so if you don't get CBP you won't be crushed and not have a job prospect.
        Thank you for the advice i appreciate it, i hope it works out for you, hey did you have to do anything about the written test because supposedly you`re only eligible for 1 year after passing the test?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by kc12 View Post
          Just relax and breath (remember that phrase, especially in the academy), you'll move through the process at the governments pace. There really isn't any way to make the process go any faster, except provide all requested information as soon as possible. You've been in the process for a little over 7 months, people who are hired in that amount of time are the exception. I know people who have waited seven months just for the T.O. I know it doesn't help any, but just sit back relax and wait. If it helps I received my EOD within a couple months of being called by investigators for more information.
          Thank you for the advice, man i hope i receive my EOD within a couple of months too that would be great!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by freeagent305 View Post
            hey i have the same time frame as you..all im pending is BI...which I spoke with my specialist and he told me it should be done this week..I had miami and seaport but changed to Florida and all locations...
            What really sucks is that i have applied for sector enforcement specialist and cbpo and the background is for both jobs..so until im cleared, i will never hear from anyone.
            Im in pembroke pines..good luck
            Thank you! let me know how it goes as far as clearing BI hopefully you`ll get EOD soon. I`m in silverlakes miramar.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by rob104 View Post
              My BI just cleared in CASS last month and I met with the investigator back in Nov. 07.
              so how long have you been in the process so far?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by VT04 View Post
                Drug screen question for those further through the process:

                I have my pre-employment forms and fitness tests marked "passed."
                Everything else is pending, and I have done the VBT and medical exam like three weeks ago. Is the drug test pretty much the last step in the process, or do they just randomly call you in sometime during the process. A buddy of mine who applied the same week back in January, and has taken all of the steps within days of me has the same date for the drug test as well. Some agencies do the whiz quiz right before the EOD, is CBPO one of them?

                Thanks!
                they do the drugtest ramdomly at anytime you could have multiples before your EOD

                Comment


                • Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
                  Thank you for the advice i appreciate it, i hope it works out for you, hey did you have to do anything about the written test because supposedly you`re only eligible for 1 year after passing the test?
                  Thanks, you too. As long as you receive a TO before the one year is up the test is still valid. Now I am just praying that I have a valid case against the NOPA letter they sent me.
                  ICE IEA

                  May 08 Written Test
                  Feb 09 TO-Los Angeles
                  March 09 Medical/PT/Drug Test
                  July 09 Oral Board
                  Background Started 11/16/09

                  EOD 11/23/09 San Bernardino
                  Academy class 006 12/03/09-04/13/10

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
                    can somebody answer this question? I took and passed the written test in november 2007 and it said my eligibility expires november 2008, has anyone had to extend eligibility pass the written test expiration?
                    There should be an option to extend the test score eligibility for another year on the back of your NOR. Send in a request to extend the results 2 months in advance of 11/08 and you should be extended until 11/09.

                    Comment


                    • ok i took my medical about three weeks ago, havent heard anything and today i get a letter in the mail stating this.

                      "On the basis of your recent examination, we would like to bring the following results to your attention. Please review the items indicated below with your personal physician. Your examination may not have included all of the catergories below.

                      Note: Unless specifically requested by CHS, please do NOT submit additional medical information regarding any abnormal results liset below.


                      Then there is a list of like vision, hearing, white blood count, blood pressure, urine test, liver blood test, a whole list of things and they have boxes that can be checked. The only one that is checked is the hearing box.

                      Then under the hearing a box both my R and L ear are checked with mild hearing loss for high frequency, then under conversational range my R ear is checked for mild loss but there is no check for my L ear.(is this where the problem is???)

                      So first off should i worry??, did something go wrong??? and second off what do i do. Do i go to my physician and have him check everything on the list or just the hearing?? If i do that does he send to to CHS or do i?? Man im so confused lol

                      hopefully someone knows what im talking about lol

                      Another thing i maybe thought it would be just the results of my medical, but only the hearing box was checked everything else like vision and bllod pressure is left blank
                      Last edited by Goosell; 07-11-2008, 02:57 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Goosell View Post
                        ok i took my medical about three weeks ago, havent heard anything and today i get a letter in the mail stating this.

                        "On the basis of your recent examination, we would like to bring the following results to your attention. Please review the items indicated below with your personal physician. Your examination may not have included all of the catergories below.

                        Note: Unless specifically requested by CHS, please do NOT submit additional medical information regarding any abnormal results liset below.


                        Then there is a list of like vision, hearing, white blood count, blood pressure, urine test, liver blood test, a whole list of things and they have boxes that can be checked. The only one that is checked is the hearing box.

                        Then under the hearing a box both my R and L ear are checked with mild hearing loss for high frequency, then under conversational range my R ear is checked for mild loss but there is no check for my L ear.(is this where the problem is???)

                        So first off should i worry??, did something go wrong??? and second off what do i do. Do i go to my physician and have him check everything on the list or just the hearing?? If i do that does he send to to CHS or do i?? Man im so confused lol

                        hopefully someone knows what im talking about lol

                        Another thing i maybe thought it would be just the results of my medical, but only the hearing box was checked everything else like vision and bllod pressure is left blank
                        I had the same exact letter. Don't worry about anything. It's just bring it to yout attention.

                        jrq16

                        Comment


                        • lol ok thats what i thought at first i was just curious as to why the hearing part was checked and nothing else was (huh??)

                          Anyways thanks for the quick response, i dont like worrying about things and now i can be at peace lol

                          thanks again

                          Comment


                          • I had the same letter sent out to me, but here's the thing...
                            Your hearing TEST should be performed in an "ISOLATION BOOTH", where mine was NOT. I could hear cars driving by the office with the headphones ON, and they expect you to hear high pitch tones over NOISE. That's a classic example of trying to have one place administer all tests at once, and being ill equipped to do so. Oh I also had NO depth perception according to their test results as well, I had to go and get the test done by an eye doctor, and the result was "ABOVE" average depth perception...
                            AND...
                            6 months have gone by and I'm still waiting for them to clear my BI

                            Sorry just had to vent....
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by miramarnelson View Post
                              Thank you for the advice i appreciate it, i hope it works out for you, hey did you have to do anything about the written test because supposedly you`re only eligible for 1 year after passing the test?
                              I tested in May '06 and scored a 90. Ive you used the same test score 3 times already and never had to ask for an extension.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jrq16 View Post
                                I had the same exact letter. Don't worry about anything. It's just bring it to yout attention.

                                jrq16
                                I concur.. I had the exact same letter, and my medical passed without a hitch.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8652 users online. 459 members and 8193 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X