300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GUILE View Post
    All, I just had a few questions about the Academy for those of you that are currently in it or have been to it. Regarding the Spanish Immersion course, sure I had a few years of espanol in high school and a year in college but all that was over 10 years ago. Are there any books anyone could recommend that would help us prepare for this course?
    I'm más o menos fluent in Spanish and it was my major in college and I still failed the initial test to get out of Spanish at the Border Patrol Academy. However, Spanish Academy was a lot of fun and was super easy. I was super glad I went. If you had Spanish before, you'll do fine. I'm saying all that assuming that SIP for CBPOs is the same as SIP for BPAs.
    Gek.

Comment

All, I just had a few questions about the Academy for those of you that are currently in it or have been to it. Regarding the Spanish Immersion course, sure I had a few years of espanol in high school and a year in college but all that was over 10 years ago. Are there any books anyone could recommend that would help us prepare for this course?
      Oh and before I forget how many people drive their own vehicles to the Academy? Also, can we bring supplements such as protein, creatine, vitamins, etc?
      I'd say you have a long way to go still to actually get a job offer for CBPO... 1-2 years as the quickest timeline for a recent tester for the SWB. In other words you have time to learn the language if you can find a native speaker, and supplement that with basic books...
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

Oh and before I forget how many people drive their own vehicles to the Academy? Also, can we bring supplements such as protein, creatine, vitamins, etc?
        Guile - you don't need any books to prepare for the BSTP. I too agree the course is easy and fun...you will enjoy it. I heard it isn't as difficult as the BP Spanish. I failed the initial Spanish proficiency test by 2pts! I'm glad I attended the Spanish training though. Besides, it is easy money and all the stresses of the basic training are over with. As for the supplements, they recommend that you don't bring them.

Comment

• Guys thanks for all the great responses to my questions about the Academy, very much appreciated. One other thing I was wondering about which is not related to the Academy is about the answers to the GS-7 questions for those that answered based on specialized experience.
          Does anyone ask you about your response to that question during the Inerview or at anytime during the Hiring Process? I am asking because I answered this based on my jobs that have dealt with compliance/rules and regulations and some of these Acts/Rules I mentioned have entire books unto themselves and I wanted to know how much if any I need to prep myself in case I am specifically asked about them?
          CBPO
          Test: 12/6/10
          NOR: 1/25/11
          T.O. 5/25/11
          Geo: Laredo, TX

Comment

Guys thanks for all the great responses to my questions about the Academy, very much appreciated. One other thing I was wondering about which is not related to the Academy is about the answers to the GS-7 questions for those that answered based on specialized experience.
            Does anyone ask you about your response to that question during the Inerview or at anytime during the Hiring Process? I am asking because I answered this based on my jobs that have dealt with compliance/rules and regulations and some of these Acts/Rules I mentioned have entire books unto themselves and I wanted to know how much if any I need to prep myself in case I am specifically asked about them?
            Guile - When I had my interview w/the investigator, he didn't even mention the Grade Determination Worksheet/what I wrote on the worksheet. I entered CBP as a GS-7 (a year and a half of TSA and an Associates in Criminal Justice). I believe your grade is decided by MHC...the more detail you write on the worksheet, the better! The interview covers the eQIP. Atleast, that's what it was like when I was going thru the hiring process. You know your experience, don't sweat it too much.

Comment

• To all you Michiganders: I'm scheduled to take my third, that's right, my 3rd physical tomorrow morning. Good thing I have the day off.
              Written Test: 3/08
              NOR: 4/08
              TO: 4/08
              Medical: 4/08
              Fitness: 6/08
              VBT: 6/08
              Met with investigator: 10/08
              Received NOPA: 11/08
              Won appeal: 3/09
              TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
              New fitness: 7/28/09
              Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
                To all you Michiganders: I'm scheduled to take my third, that's right, my 3rd physical tomorrow morning. Good thing I have the day off.
                Hey man...I got an error that your private messages are full....need to delete a few maybe?

Comment

• Originally posted by CMUnupe View Post
                  To all you Michiganders: I'm scheduled to take my third, that's right, my 3rd physical tomorrow morning. Good thing I have the day off.
                  What a waste of everyones time, money, gas money, time, money, money, time and more money.

Comment

• Anyone here from NYC that retested recently for medical/pft1?
                    Last edited by sr20; 06-03-2011, 01:29 PM.
                    TSU - 8/28/09
                    TO - 3/2009
                    On the job

Comment

• How long is the drug test good for?

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                        Anyone here from NYC that retested recently for medical/pft1?
                        Are you from JFK? Last thing i did was the Drug test about 2 montsh ago.
                        CBPO
                        GEO - NY/JFK
                        TO - 01/29/09
                        TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
                        Expired 6/10/11
                        Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
                          How long is the drug test good for?
                          1 year
                          TSU - 8/28/09
                          TO - 3/2009
                          On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by Rshen11 View Post
                            Are you from JFK? Last thing i did was the Drug test about 2 montsh ago.
                            I put in for WA/NB...My first medical/fitness was taken in JFK. My drug test was in Brooklyn. These were all taken in 2009. This morning I received an email stating that my medical and/or fitness is expired and I will be contact to schedule for retest. I just wondered if anyone have taken it recently.
                            TSU - 8/28/09
                            TO - 3/2009
                            On the job

Comment

• Originally posted by sr20 View Post
                              I put in for WA/NB...My first medical/fitness was taken in JFK. My drug test was in Brooklyn. These were all taken in 2009. This morning I received an email stating that my medical and/or fitness is expired and I will be contact to schedule for retest. I just wondered if anyone have taken it recently.

If yours expired mine should be to then..? For me it shows Clear in Cass and i havent been contacted for it.
                              I thought they weere doing the PFT 2 right before you get hired.
                              CBPO
                              GEO - NY/JFK
                              TO - 01/29/09
                              TSU - 05/05/09

Background cleared on 6/10/09
                              Expired 6/10/11
                              Met with BI for second Bi 10/30/2011

Comment

• I received another e-mail a few minutes ago stating a critical need of hiring for the SWB, most specifically Arizona and Texas; I'm sure everyone else got the same e-mail.
                                CBP Officer
                                Initial Application: 11/16/10
                                Test Exam: 12/13/10
                                Notice of Results: 1/25/11 (GS-07: 92)
                                New Geography (SWB): 9/14/11
                                Tentative Offer: 9/29/11
                                Medical/PFT1: 10/25/11

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8501 users online. 461 members and 8040 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X