300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
    a question to all the December 2010 test takers that received a TO, what did you score on your exam?

Comment

• Wow!! My test score sucks! 84
      "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
      Written Test: 10/04/10
      NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
      TSL 1: 11/17/10
      OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
      Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
      TSL 2: 04/29/11.
      e-QIP: 05/08/11
      BI Interview: 07/26/11
      Drug test: 08/05/11
      Polygraph: 02/08/2012
      CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
      Written Test: 12/09/10
      NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
      TSL 1: 06/14/11
      PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
      VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

Comment

• Has anybody here run into problems with being suspended from previous job before getting hired by CBP? I have a pretty stupid problem right now, I got suspended for eating a sandwich at a non-designated break time at my current job. REALLY hoping something this dumb does not get in the way of an actual career. Any insight would be awesome, thanks guys and gals.
        CBPO
        Test: 12/6/10

NOR: 1/25/11
        T.O. 5/25/11
        Geo: Laredo, TX
        NYPD
        Test: 2/2011
        NOR: 5/4/11
        List #: 1XX

Comment

• Maverick,

If the issue arises probably around when you do your background, be honest and upfront with your background investigator. Explain the whole situation and see what he/she says. Then go from there.

If you are honest and truthful about it, you should be fine.
          CBPO
          Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
          TO: 2/2011
          Medical: 3/22/2011
          PT Test: 3/22/2011
          VBT: 3/2011
          Background: 3/2011
          Drug Test: 4/2011
          Referred to TSU: 5/2011
          PT Test 2: TBD
          FLETC: Good Question lol
          CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
          Info Session 9/2009
          Interview 3/2010
          COE 5/2010
          Medical 5/2010
          Fit/Background 7/2010
          All clear as of 11/2010
          FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
            There are no "stations" for CBPO... They're called POE's (Ports Of Entry): Air Port, Sea Port, Border Crossing.
            If you just applied and you're already loosing patience...Then withdraw your App, this is a very long process.
            I will not withdraw my app don't worry but on the other hand I will not wait 4 years like you did without getting a different position. Cheers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick7 View Post
              Has anybody here run into problems with being suspended from previous job before getting hired by CBP? I have a pretty stupid problem right now, I got suspended for eating a sandwich at a non-designated break time at my current job. REALLY hoping something this dumb does not get in the way of an actual career. Any insight would be awesome, thanks guys and gals.
              Someone in my Border Patrol class got fired from his job the day before his background investigator interviewed him.
              Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick7 View Post
                Has anybody here run into problems with being suspended from previous job before getting hired by CBP? I have a pretty stupid problem right now, I got suspended for eating a sandwich at a non-designated break time at my current job. REALLY hoping something this dumb does not get in the way of an actual career. Any insight would be awesome, thanks guys and gals.
                I did, recently, and all I can do at this point is explain the situation and the reasons that led to my suspension. Every case is different. My advice would be for you to be very honest about it and explain your BI everything. If possible, try to point out your previous employment history. If your employment background is outstanding and have never reprimanded or disciplined in such manner bring that up. Most important, try to give the impression that you've learned something from this experience. Although, it would be ideal if you actually learned something; I did from mine and I just hope this doesn't become crucial in the outcome of this process. Good luck!
                Last edited by pepe; 05-31-2011, 09:41 PM.
                "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
                Written Test: 10/04/10
                NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
                TSL 1: 11/17/10
                OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
                Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
                TSL 2: 04/29/11.
                e-QIP: 05/08/11
                BI Interview: 07/26/11
                Drug test: 08/05/11
                Polygraph: 02/08/2012
                CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
                Written Test: 12/09/10
                NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
                TSL 1: 06/14/11
                PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
                VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

Comment

• Originally posted by mc2 View Post
                  it's like moving in circle. This is the second time when they are asking me to change my station. At this point I am not even sure I am interested anymore in this job. I will change back to my initial NE station and that's it, not interested in Laredo or Arizona.
                  I know what you mean, the same thing happened to me. this is very discouraging!

Comment

• Originally posted by gcangelstar View Post
                    Hi did you receive the equip by mail or email? I m asking because our cbp timephrame of events are very similar. I have not received the request for equip nor fingerprint cards so I am hoping I get them soon.
                    CBPO
                    Test: 12/9/10
                    NOR: 1/07/11
                    T.O. 4/1/11
                    Med/fitness- 5/13/11
                    Geo: Southwest border

I got the e-qip by email and cards by mail

Comment

• chow break

Originally posted by Maverick7 View Post

You will be fine my friend. Keep trucking along with your life, finish the process and soon you'll be sitting at the G-Bar kicking it with the BOP!!! Party every 3 weeks. Lol sorry guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by mc2 View Post
                        I will not withdraw my app don't worry but on the other hand I will not wait 4 years like you did without getting a different position. Cheers.
                        It is what it is Bud!... No one knows how long you will actually wait, it could be 5-6 years for all we know, especially if you applied for a non-SWB POE.
                        Let me know in 2013 if you still feel the same way...
                        CBPO
                        Written: 08/29/2007
                        EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by MPK9 View Post
                          You will be fine my friend. Keep trucking along with your life, finish the process and soon you'll be sitting at the G-Bar kicking it with the BOP!!! Party every 3 weeks. Lol sorry guys.
                          LOL I just figured I'd ask. Hoping the BI reading my report sees that and goes
                          CBPO

T.O. 5/25/11
                          NYPD
                          Test: 2/2011
                          NOR: 5/4/11
                          List #: 1XX

Comment

• Hi everyone! Can you please share your timeline? I want to know more or less where I stand in the customs process.
                            CBPO
                            Test- 12/9/10
                            NOR- 1/07/11
                            T.O.- 4/1/11
                            Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
                            Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
                            Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
                            Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
                            Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
                            Pft2- ?
                            Eod- ?

Comment

• All, I just had a few questions about the Academy for those of you that are currently in it or have been to it. Regarding the Spanish Immersion course, sure I had a few years of espanol in high school and a year in college but all that was over 10 years ago. Are there any books anyone could recommend that would help us prepare for this course?
                              Oh and before I forget how many people drive their own vehicles to the Academy? Also, can we bring supplements such as protein, creatine, vitamins, etc?
                              CBPO
                              T.O. 5/25/11

Comment

• info

I just left FLETC was there for UPTP. I would definitely drive! , As far as supplements you can bring them just keep hydrating . They will tell you its up to you but they don't recommend taking anything.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11455 users online. 414 members and 11041 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X