Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One year. But if you don't get a TO within that year they grant you a 6 month extension after the year. That's what happened to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
      Bolts56,
      CONGRATS !!!!
      Before the call did you have everything cleared on CASS? And did you have a poly?
      CASS: Everything was green checks on CASS but I never had the TSU message ("you have been referred for selection..." or whatever it used to say).

Polygraph: My first background expired after one year. I resubmitted everything (fingerprint cards, eQIP etc.) in June 2009 and had a polygraph in November 2009. My background cleared CASS about three or four weeks after the poly.

I did my second drug test and second medical exam in February and March respectively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maverick7 View Post
        Bolts56 congratulations that's great to hear, I wish you luck in the coming months. If you don't mind me asking what was the average 200m sprint time? I'm curious, I've been training for months for this stuff
        If I had to guess an average time I would say 35 seconds. I went pretty early so I was able to hear a lot of the times of the others and the lowest I heard was 30.x and the highest was in the low 40's. The Border Patrol Agents administering the test reminded us that it wasn't a competition; just get from point A to point B in less than 50 seconds (46 seconds for Border Patrol) and you move on to the next event.

I don't know if all PFT2 test sites are at a track or not, but if you aren't used to running on a track I suggest you try it out at one. The 220y or 200m sprint is a half lap and you will have to sprint through a turn. Sprinting in the turn vs. straight line is a little bit different and the Agents at the exam did say that sometimes people pull a hamstring on the sprint portion.

Good luck!

Comment

• I'm a former track & field athlete and have continued to train since I stopped competing a few years ago. I'm very familiar with the 200m, I used to run 23's. Thanks for the info, take care and good luck at Fletc!
          CBPO
          Test: 12/6/10

NOR: 1/25/11
          T.O. 5/25/11
          Geo: Laredo, TX
          NYPD
          Test: 2/2011
          NOR: 5/4/11
          List #: 1XX

Comment

• movement

Been awhile, but here's what I got.
            location- AZ
            Tested Dec/10
            To: think April,
            Med/fitness- may 4th
            To: update / may 11 - GS-7
            May 25th, E-quip- sent ,paperwork Enroute
            Fingerprint cards will be sent Tue.
            Last edited by MPK9; 05-28-2011, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• Spoke to a few guys from the newest class. They said their class consists of people from all over the nation: a few from Detroit, JFK, and most noticeably 10 people from Miami. I believe that is the largest non-southwest border port of entry group present. Hope that is of any help to anyone.

Comment

• Here's a question I haven't found the answer to: If I currently work in federal law enforcement and have passed my background and been on the job for a year. Will my background investigation renewal take less time due to me having passed one already with another federal agency? I've been in the process since 2007 and decided to take a less desirable job while waiting for CBP to come through.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExRebel View Post
                  Here's a question I haven't found the answer to: If I currently work in federal law enforcement and have passed my background and been on the job for a year. Will my background investigation renewal take less time due to me having passed one already with another federal agency? I've been in the process since 2007 and decided to take a less desirable job while waiting for CBP to come through.
                  One has no effect on the other, so I wouldn't put that much weight on already having a clearance from another agency... I know of 1811's trying to jump to CBPO that were held up in the BI almost for as long as mine was! As with everything in this process it's simply luck of the draw...
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
                    psygenix,

When did your class start again? And how long before it did you have to report to your port of entry? Thank you

BTW would you know the DATES of the summer classes at FLETC? I am just curious because I am trying to rearrange my vacation. Thank you.
                    My FLETC class started on April 12th. We reported to our POE 2 weeks prior so- March 28th.

I don't know the dates for the summer classes, but currently a new class is starting every 3 weeks or so. You can try to make an educated guess of when they might call you, by comparing people who have been called; their geo location, TO date, and if there has been any hiring lately for that area.

Comment

• Thank you for the information psygenix,

Just got information about doing a PFT2 either this week or next, wish me luck everybody!
                      CBPO
                      Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                      TO: 2/2011
                      Medical: 3/22/2011
                      PT Test: 3/22/2011
                      VBT: 3/2011
                      Background: 3/2011
                      Drug Test: 4/2011
                      Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                      PT Test 2: TBD
                      FLETC: Good Question lol
                      CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                      Info Session 9/2009
                      Interview 3/2010
                      COE 5/2010
                      Medical 5/2010
                      Fit/Background 7/2010
                      All clear as of 11/2010
                      FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by MPK9 View Post
                        Been awhile, but here's what I got.
                        location- AZ
                        Tested Dec/10
                        To: think April,
                        Med/fitness- may 4th
                        To: update / may 11 - GS-7
                        May 25th, E-quip- sent ,paperwork Enroute
                        Fingerprint cards will be sent Tue.

Hi did you receive the equip by mail or email? I m asking because our cbp timephrame of events are very similar. I have not received the request for equip nor fingerprint cards so I am hoping I get them soon.
                        CBPO
                        Test: 12/9/10
                        NOR: 1/07/11
                        T.O. 4/1/11
                        Med/fitness- 5/13/11
                        Geo: Southwest border
                        CBPO
                        Test- 12/9/10
                        NOR- 1/07/11
                        T.O.- 4/1/11
                        Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
                        Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
                        Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
                        Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
                        Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
                        Pft2- ?
                        Eod- ?

Comment

• a question to all the December 2010 test takers that received a TO, what did you score on your exam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Waterpistola View Post
                            a question to all the December 2010 test takers that received a TO, what did you score on your exam?
                            CBPO TSL 5/25/11 | MED 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | PFT1 7/18/11 | VBT 7/20/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11

BPA TSL 5/24/11 | MED/PFT1 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | OB 7/22/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11 | TSU 8/22/11 | EOD 9/12/11

Comment

• Does anyone know how to upload the prescribed signed documents onto EQIP?

Edit: 10-3. I read the email again.
                              Last edited by Drifting; 05-30-2011, 10:15 PM.
                              Gek.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdesa View Post
                                I got a 98, my hubby a 110, and a friend of mine just got one and I believe she got a 96 or 94

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11215 users online. 404 members and 10811 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X