Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nevermind, Tentative Selection Letter, saw it on Delphi. All this time and I've never heard a TO called that before.
    Written Test: 3/08
    NOR: 4/08
    TO: 4/08
    Medical: 4/08
    Fitness: 6/08
    VBT: 6/08
    Met with investigator: 10/08
    Received NOPA: 11/08
    Won appeal: 3/09
    TSU: 4/23/09 (Michigan) pulled in May for fitness
    New fitness: 7/28/09
    Back in TSU: 8/3/09

Comment

• I am at the academy right now. There are currently five classes here with another starting in two weeks and a majority of the trainees of all the classes are from the southwest border. The hiring list has reached those with TOs from April 2009. Take note, from April 2009 through October 2010, there were absolutely ZERO TOs sent out nationwide. I believe the recent emails asking applicants to change their geo preference to the SWB is due to the applicant pool in those areas running dry. MHC is hiring from an applicant pool consisting of TOs from October 2010 to present day. If you have been following this thread, there has not been many TOs given out since October 2010. Those that have gone out have been for the SWB. To keep up with the hiring trend and recent TOs sent out to SWB applicants, I believe they are desperately trying to refill the dried up applicant pool. By the way, this is pure speculation.

Comment

• thoughtless, thanks for the update. how is fletc going?
        CBPO
        Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
        TO: 2/2011
        Medical: 3/22/2011
        PT Test: 3/22/2011
        VBT: 3/2011
        Background: 3/2011
        Drug Test: 4/2011
        Referred to TSU: 5/2011
        PT Test 2: TBD
        FLETC: Good Question lol
        CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
        Info Session 9/2009
        Interview 3/2010
        COE 5/2010
        Medical 5/2010
        Fit/Background 7/2010
        All clear as of 11/2010
        FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• i also received my TSL letter today, very excited.

Comment

• Geo IL? Hopefully that's good news.
            Geo: Illinois
            Test Score: 94
            Quals: GS-7
            T.O.: 8/7/2007
            Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Im looking for a training partner in N. San Diego county to prep for the PFT1 and PFT2. I need a training partner to help keep me from breaking routine and slacking. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
                I am at the academy right now. There are currently five classes here with another starting in two weeks and a majority of the trainees of all the classes are from the southwest border. The hiring list has reached those with TOs from April 2009. Take note, from April 2009 through October 2010, there were absolutely ZERO TOs sent out nationwide. I believe the recent emails asking applicants to change their geo preference to the SWB is due to the applicant pool in those areas running dry. MHC is hiring from an applicant pool consisting of TOs from October 2010 to present day. If you have been following this thread, there has not been many TOs given out since October 2010. Those that have gone out have been for the SWB. To keep up with the hiring trend and recent TOs sent out to SWB applicants, I believe they are desperately trying to refill the dried up applicant pool. By the way, this is pure speculation.
                Thank you for sharing and congrats on being at the academy already. I agree with you everyone that I know that was offered a TO has picked to be stationed in the southwest border. So are there new classes starting every couple of weeks from what you have seen? I am asking because I was just cleared from my physical/medical test in CASS and from what I am seeing is that every month I am going through a new stage in the cbp hiring system.
                CBPO
                Test- 12/9/10
                NOR- 1/07/11
                T.O.- 4/1/11
                Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
                Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
                Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
                Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
                Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
                Pft2- ?
                Eod- ?

Comment

• I applied in August if I recall correctly. My test was in December. I figured I was just forgotten about, but yesterday I got my selection letter. I've already completed my forms and am going to submit them today.
                  Gek.

Comment

• Just a small update and I feel I need to let some weight off of my chest.

Initial exam 07'
                    TO 08'

I took my poly in December of 2010 and I am still awaiting the green check on CASS!!. Man this entire process if frustrating. I just wish patience was an attribute they considered as apart of the hiring process! LOL!

Comment

• Thoughtless,
                      I know u mentioned that nationwide zero TO's were sent out. I personally received my TO on April 2009. What are the TO's for those at academy now? And of course we all want to know have you heard of any future academy dates for the rest of the year?
                      Thanks and good luck !

Comment

• gcangelstar: as of 2011 calendar year, there have been five classes who have already arrived here with a sixth beginning in 2-3 weeks. Looking at the spread of the classes currently here, I would guess a new one starts every three weeks or so. Non-border trainees from ports such as Seattle and Baltimore, for example, have (that I am aware of) TOs dating back to the beginning of 2008.

SDCBP: From speaking with someone in the San Diego area who just got the call, I can tell you they are still calling from the April 2009 TO list. The next class starts on June 14. I am not aware of any classes (yet) scheduled beyond that date.

Comment

• Does anyone on here know why CBP doesn't require psychological exams for applicants?

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                            Does anyone on here know why CBP doesn't require psychological exams for applicants?
                            There are parts on the written test that are testing you on that side, and then there's the interview... after these there's the Poly. If and when you get hired you'll have a year probationary period to see if you can actually do the job. What else do you think is needed?
                            CBPO
                            Written: 08/29/2007
                            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by hangman View Post
                              Does anyone on here know why CBP doesn't require psychological exams for applicants?
                              lets keep it that way its hard enough to get hired. i thinks its getting harder you must now pass the VBT and a panel for new applicants correct me if im wrong i dont have to do it 2007 tester.

Comment

• Originally posted by LIcoastie View Post
                                Look at my timeline.

I hope calls are going out for JFK. I have been in this process for a long time and have received no indication whatsoever on when and if I will be called for EOD. I am currently going through another background investigation. I meet with the investigator tomorrow. My first one was in 2008. I just redid the medical in march and my drug test has been expired for a couple of months with no call yet to do another one. Maybe when I clear this new background they will immediately send me for a drug test and give me an EOD, maybe not.

I assume I have to be near, if not at the top of the list for people waiting for JFK due to my early test and TO date, but I have given up trying go guess my way through this process. My advice is to just go with the flow and live you life like you never took the test. When they call you to re-complete yet another step just do it and assume nothing
                                There are currently 3 in JFK, at FLETC- as far as i know.

One is currently in my class, but he got in through the internship program- so he jumped ahead of the line when calls started coming in.

The most recently class that arrived two weeks ago, had 2 for JFK. I don't know their TO however, but I'd assume it must be early 08.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11751 users online. 447 members and 11304 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X