300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NIKKIinBUFFALO View Post
    The meeting with my Investigator went great the Interview only took about an hour. He said I am pretty boring which means easy investigation for him. He is doing a lot more for this investigation then the last guy did though, (Ok by me nothing to hide here.) However my friends/references are not pleased with him. When he called them he didn't ask to meet he just told them what time he would be at their house and hung up the phone. I owe them for putting up with this part of the process for me. I have talked with him since the interview and he said everything is looking great. So hopefully he will be done soon and I will get my little green check back. I still think it's odd that they sent someone from Indiana to do my background.
    whats your geo

Comment

• Has anyone received a TO from the December 6, and 10 exams in Detroit?

Comment

• Originally posted by 2Eagles View Post
        Has anyone received a TO from the December 6, and 10 exams in Detroit?
        I don't think you'll be getting one anytime soon. I have the same test date; my Geo preference is at the Southwest border and yet have not received a TO. I may be wrong of course.
        "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
        Written Test: 10/04/10
        NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
        TSL 1: 11/17/10
        OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
        Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
        TSL 2: 04/29/11.
        e-QIP: 05/08/11
        BI Interview: 07/26/11
        Drug test: 08/05/11
        Polygraph: 02/08/2012
        CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
        Written Test: 12/09/10
        NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
        TSL 1: 06/14/11
        PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
        VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

Comment

• Hey I am from El Paso too and I tried to contact cbp and they said they would send me an email advising me of the results.
          CBPO
          Test- 12/9/10
          NOR- 1/07/11
          T.O.- 4/1/11
          Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
          Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
          Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
          Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
          Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
          Pft2- ?
          Eod- ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Church818 View Post
            Hey guys how do they let you know whether you passed the fitness test/medical exam or not? They said they couldnt tell me at the doctors office. Do they send you an email or do they just update CASS?
            Hey I am from El Paso too and I tried to contact cbp and they said they would send me an email advising me of the results.
            CBPO
            Test- 12/9/10
            NOR- 1/07/11
            T.O.- 4/1/11
            Med/fitness- cleared 5/13/11
            Qualifications & premployment- cleared 6/20/11
            Drug Test-cleared 8/11/11
            Vbt/si- cleared 8/19/11
            Background Investigation- case is in the security office(met w/ BI 9-8-11)
            Pft2- ?
            Eod- ?

Comment

• Originally posted by gcangelstar View Post
              Hey I am from El Paso too and I tried to contact cbp and they said they would send me an email advising me of the results.
              the fit test is obvious if you did everything whit in time and a reps you should pass if something is wrong in you medical any out of parameters they will contact you and you have to send additional info

Comment

• ...another email from MHC today asking to switch geo to SWB

I won't ask if it improves chances of getting a TO sooner because I know it usually does...but right now my pref is Buffalo so I thought I had a decent chance at the largest/2nd largest north border crossing?

I kept my pref to Buffalo last month when they asked people to switch and then a week later I found out a friend at the Buffalo station has to do a rotation at the SWB....so I guess this time around I'm probably better off switching?

Ive scrolled through these pages looking at people's timelines and I haven't found many with test dates 08 or earlier that haven't been hired for SWB.....correct me if Im wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Stig View Post
                  ...another email from MHC today asking to switch geo to SWB

I won't ask if it improves chances of getting a TO sooner because I know it usually does...but right now my pref is Buffalo so I thought I had a decent chance at the largest/2nd largest north border crossing?

I kept my pref to Buffalo last month when they asked people to switch and then a week later I found out a friend at the Buffalo station has to do a rotation at the SWB....so I guess this time around I'm probably better off switching?

Ive scrolled through these pages looking at people's timelines and I haven't found many with test dates 08 or earlier that haven't been hired for SWB.....correct me if Im wrong.
                  There is one member here for the SWB that tested in 07'. My advice to you is this...
                  No matter what geo pref you pick it will be a long time before you actually get the job, 2-4 years, so if you are going to wait it out that long... you might as well wait for the POE you want. The reason behind the SWB needing much more bodies is because of a high turnover (People quitting). A lot of people think that they'll get back home in a few years if that, and when they see that they've been in for 5 years and no options to move in sight... they split. The culture shock alone will scare you away. This is by no means an easy way in, or a step in the door, cause it'll be really hard for you to go back to the NE. If you think such a drastic change wouldn't be a problem for you and your family (if you're married), then go for it...

There are some still from 08' waiting to be picked up at some spots in the SWB as well, and keep in mind that you are looking at a very small sample of applicants that are on this board.
                  CBPO
                  Written: 08/29/2007
                  EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Thanks for the advice....thats actually what I was thinking also. Im single and I dont think the culture shock would be a big deal, but Id rather keep my geo and wait a bit longer if there is still a good chance for hiring where I am. Im also in the process for BP, but since there isn't much of a NB option, I would just suck it up and move to bummsville.

The friend was hired during that huge hiring blitz in 08 and got in quickly and easily while I was in my last year of school...meanwhile people that know both of us cant figure out why I can't get a job anywhere.

Comment

• Buffalo station? SWB rotation? Sounds like Border Patrol to me.

OFO has ports, not stations. Border Patrol has stations.

The only current SWB 'rotation' I know of in OFO is a 62 day TDY to ACCT in AZ/TX. Except in limited circumstances, those are filled by volunteers and mostly with journeyman officers. The BP, on the other hand, is taking/has taken their newly hired northern border agents and sent them south for a 15 month TDY on the southern border. As far as I know, that is mandatory(forced).

Comment

• Is anyone currently all cleared and on CASS showing you are entered into TSU. I have been green check marks for a couple months now after recent refreshes but havent gotten the TSU message like I have in the past.

Comment

• SWB Location

How many on this board are waiting on SWB ? If so what your timeline? & Status on CASS
                          Last edited by SDCBP; 05-23-2011, 06:38 PM.

Comment

• I have given up trying to figure out when I am going to get hired guys lol

merlin sent you a PM
                            Last edited by BiggyWannaBGman; 05-23-2011, 07:02 PM.
                            CBPO
                            Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                            TO: 2/2011
                            Medical: 3/22/2011
                            PT Test: 3/22/2011
                            VBT: 3/2011
                            Background: 3/2011
                            Drug Test: 4/2011
                            Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                            PT Test 2: TBD
                            FLETC: Good Question lol
                            CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                            Info Session 9/2009
                            Interview 3/2010
                            COE 5/2010
                            Medical 5/2010
                            Fit/Background 7/2010
                            All clear as of 11/2010
                            FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• I also received the "change location to SWB" email today.

If I have a 96 do you think I would get a TO? I would be changing my geo from Boston.

Comment

• Got a call...scheduled for my Poly....any others here going for the poly?
                                Test: November 2008
                                TO: 12/26/08
                                Qualifications: 1/09/09-completed
                                VBT 1/21/09-completed
                                Medical - 1/22/09 - cleared 3/09
                                Fitness - 1/22/09 - completed
                                Drug test - 7/1/2009 completed
                                BI - 6/22/2009 Met with Investigator
                                TSU- Referred to Schedule 12/1/2009

Geographic Location- San Francisco/Oakland Airport

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8719 users online. 273 members and 8446 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X