Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any CBP officers here from an MIA Duty Station? If so can you please elaborate on what the work schedules are like? For example, are officers days off consecutive, and are the shifts on a rotating basis, etc.

Sea and airport welcome to answer.
    Any extra info would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

Comment

• What are the fitness standards like once you get to FLETC? Are there any reqs for graduation?

Comment

• Drug Screen Test

Deleted....
        Last edited by Saladine; 08-20-2008, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jwm0516 View Post
          What are the fitness standards like once you get to FLETC? Are there any reqs for graduation?

All you have to do is pass the run, BUT PT can be a bit tough, especially when combined with DT on the same day. On those days you have about 3.5 hours of high intensity physically demanding work.
          But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Ok, last question before I decide whether or not I am going to take this position as cbpo. If I take the job and in one year ICE offers me a position, can your current command with the CBP decline the transfer between agencies because the two year internship is not completed? Since ICE and CBP are under DHS it sounds to me like this could be possible. Or even if one completes the two year probationary period, can they decline the transfer between agencies depending on their needs? Thank you.....

Comment

• Originally posted by kc12 View Post
              All you have to do is pass the run, BUT PT can be a bit tough, especially when combined with DT on the same day. On those days you have about 3.5 hours of high intensity physically demanding work.
              Only the run, eh? Easy day. You would know beforehand on those days with all that DT and PT, right? As long as I can stock up on gatorade and powerbars I'll be cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by johndeere455 View Post
                Ok, last question before I decide whether or not I am going to take this position as cbpo. If I take the job and in one year ICE offers me a position, can your current command with the CBP decline the transfer between agencies because the two year internship is not completed? Since ICE and CBP are under DHS it sounds to me like this could be possible. Or even if one completes the two year probationary period, can they decline the transfer between agencies depending on their needs? Thank you.....
                If you receive a position within ICE you can resign from CBP. You can resign from CBP on Friday and start with ICE on Monday. No one can prevent you from resigning. However, within your two years they can stop you from transferring within CBP.

Comment

• Thanks for the info shawal16. I have heard that NYPD officers can ride mass transit (metro north, lirr, subway) in ny/nj for free. Does anyone know here if that same courtesy is extended to customs/federal officers?

Comment

• hi, i am somewhat of a newbie to this forum.. I was just wandering how hard the test for cbp was? (the written test) and also can anyone elaborate on if the salary is good for a federal job? i would appreciate as much information i can get. Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by walkingtall View Post
                      hi, i am somewhat of a newbie to this forum.. I was just wandering how hard the test for cbp was? (the written test) and also can anyone elaborate on if the salary is good for a federal job? i would appreciate as much information i can get. Thanks!
                      Some people find the written test easy and some find it difficult. On the study guide there are a few practice questions, so you can assess the level of difficulty.

The salary is fairly decent for a entry level gig. OT is paid at the rate of double time. There are shift differentials, and Sunday differential that also adds to the pay. Don't forget CBPOs are now covered. If you take the retirement an account its more than fairly decent.

Comment

• Originally posted by walkingtall View Post
                        hi, i am somewhat of a newbie to this forum.. I was just wandering how hard the test for cbp was? (the written test) and also can anyone elaborate on if the salary is good for a federal job? i would appreciate as much information i can get. Thanks!

I wouldn't say the test was hard, but you might...or not.

Salary? Expect something between 60 and 95K once you reach GS-11, depending on location and the amount of OT available/worked.

Comment

• Originally posted by shawal16 View Post
                          If you receive a position within ICE you can resign from CBP. You can resign from CBP on Friday and start with ICE on Monday. No one can prevent you from resigning. However, within your two years they can stop you from transferring within CBP.
                          They can...and likely will prevent transfers within CBP at any stage of one's career, not just within the probationary period.

Comment

• I've even got my BI done, now it's time to wait on a medical clearance (had to get a letter from my doc). I better not hold my breath.

Comment

• Am I dreaming!!!!?

Deleted....
                              Last edited by Saladine; 08-20-2008, 05:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saladine View Post
                                I CAN'T BLIEVE IT!!!! I met with my background investigator like 3 weeks ago and my background CLEARED today. Wow...they must REALLY need people in Florida. I had already prepared myself for the 6 month wait, now I feel like something is wrong. I logged into CASS three times to make sure it was really me. I don't know if being a Police Officer had anything to do with it but...wow I'm shocked. All I have to do now is my drug test, which is tomorrow. I just can't believe it. That was fast!
                                Congrats! I'm sure that's a great feeling.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10853 users online. 385 members and 10468 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X