300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SDCBP View Post
    Must ones CASS be complete and have all green check markS before getting THE EOD CALL?
    Unless you were already cleared and in TSU for a while, YES, there were a couple that got calls a short time ago that their stuff had shown pending all of a sudden... they did drug test and got the call fairly quick!
    CBPO
    Written: 08/29/2007
    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by bournesto33 View Post
      ok so Im filling out all my stuff for the e-qip my question...Im a littel concered I had been arrested for reckless driving back in 2005 and the charge was dropped do you think that would hurt me long term wise with my bi. When I was arrested the charge was a class c mis. which is the same as a speeding ticket; however, in texas they really hate street racing.
      Yeah...I'll say you've got a problem.

A six year-old charge of reckless driving involving street racing will raise issues. Whether you can beat it or not...I don't know. Expect a NOPA. The agency expects to hire people who won't be racing reckless about in marked enforcement vehicles, after all.

Comment

• Hey all,
        Well my hubby and I just took our fit 1/medical...... OMG it took forever. We both passed with flying colors. His forms and qualifications still reflect pending on CASS, but my forms and qualifications show green checkmarks and say completed. We have done everything at the same time, so that is very weird. Both of our backgrounds are completed so that is good.... now I'm just waiting for the VBT/Structured interview; its reflecting not applicable on CASS for both my hubby and I.....

Comment

• I'm not sure if this will answer your question, but I also had a question about being pending in CASS:

Good Afternoon,

I am currently in the process of mailing off my second background investigation to MHC. If a position at my airport is open and I am next in line, will I lose the spot because my background went to pending? Thanks for any information.

XXXXXX XXXXXX
          XXXXXXXX

MHC response:

You ranked based on the certificate under which your name was pulled, so to answer your question, so you would not loose your place.

Thank you,

Training Scheduling Unit
          Recruitment and Placement Consulting
          Minneapolis Hiring Center

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
            Unless you were already cleared and in TSU for a while, YES, there were a couple that got calls a short time ago that their stuff had shown pending all of a sudden... they did drug test and got the call fairly quick!
            Well for almost one year I was on TSU but then stuff on CASS started to go pending one by one I am assuming because they started to expire. Would that count as being in TSU? I have repeated everything on CASS except for the drug test.

Comment

Well for almost one year I was on TSU but then stuff on CASS started to go pending one by one I am assuming because they started to expire. Would that count as being in TSU? I have repeated everything on CASS except for the drug test.
              If you go back to green on everything then you're good...
              CBPO
              Written: 08/29/2007
              EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• I just want a TO
                CBPO TSL 5/25/11 | MED 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | PFT1 7/18/11 | VBT 7/20/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11

BPA TSL 5/24/11 | MED/PFT1 6/20/11 | Met BI 6/28/11 | OB 7/22/11 | Drug 8/12/11 | NOPA 8/12/11 | TSU 8/22/11 | EOD 9/12/11

Comment

• For the calls going out right now, what is the academy date?

Comment

they say that it doesent really matter they go by your TO date once you clear you would have a new TSU date but you dont lose anytime i think test date and score play a factor how im not to sure but i know they start from the highest test score and work there way down looking at TO dates test date and geo preference so i think.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopGunn View Post
                      For the calls going out right now, what is the academy date?
                      June 7th.
                      CBPO
                      Exam: Retook exam: 11/2010
                      TO: 2/2011
                      Medical: 3/22/2011
                      PT Test: 3/22/2011
                      VBT: 3/2011
                      Background: 3/2011
                      Drug Test: 4/2011
                      Referred to TSU: 5/2011
                      PT Test 2: TBD
                      FLETC: Good Question lol
                      CBP Officer:

USMS- Region 8
                      Info Session 9/2009
                      Interview 3/2010
                      COE 5/2010
                      Medical 5/2010
                      Fit/Background 7/2010
                      All clear as of 11/2010
                      FCIP Over, all applicants scrapped. (GAME OVER) 3/2011 :'(

Comment

• Hey guys, Is the 1.5mile run done on the inside lane in the PT2. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
                          Just be honest and upfront with everything. When the time comes to meet with your background investigator, you can explain things more thoroughly.

If it was dropped dont list it, but talk about it when you meet your BI face to face. Just so he/she knows that you arent trying to hide anything. You know?
                          well it was expunged off my record...my lawyer took care of it for me but when I applied at the bank the arrest still showed up so I fig be honest about it. I mean at the end of the day it was only a class c mis and almost 7 years ago

btw how long is the backround check.
                          Last edited by bournesto33; 05-12-2011, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BiggyWannaBGman View Post
                            June 7th.
                            Yup I'm definitely limping today..it hurts.

Comment

• Merlin,

My point exactly. When you carry a personally owned firearm under LEOSA with your CBP credentials in your pocket, you are not carrying under the guise of being a CBPO, but instead your creds are acting as a Concealed Carry Permit wherever your located and shows that your are qualified to carry a firearm. One of the tricky points of LEOSA is that you must follow the local laws which may or may not be the same as carry under 24 hour authority.

A Chief and a Sup already went through this and are working.

Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
                              I'll disagree with you.

More importantly, CBP disagrees with you. They are quite adamant that in order to carry a firearm under the provisions of authority granted by your credentials you must carry your authorized firearm.

As important, the AG and DOJ agrees with CBP in that CBP( or any agency) can regulate it's internal policies without regard to LEOSA. See below:

"It is important to note that the Act does not supersede existing agency regulations or policies limiting, restricting, conditioning, or otherwise affecting the carrying of concealed firearms. The Act does preempt and supersede inconsistent state laws and local ordinances, whether criminal or civil. It does not prohibit any component from taking any appropriate disciplinary action for any violation of its existing regulations or policies."

www.fop.net/legislative/agmemo013120053.pdf

Carriage of a non-authorized firearm under the provisions of the authority of agency credentials, even if legal under LEOSA, may subject an individual to internal disciplinary action by their agency...up to and including removal. Officers/Agents who wish to carry a firearm not authorized by the agency for carry should follow local regulations/laws for carrying of such firearms as a private citizen.

Realistically at best, the agency will claim no civil/legal responsibility for any incident involving an unauthorized and out-of-policy firearm. At worst, it'll cost the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by robeans View Post
                                Merlin,

My point exactly. When you carry a personally owned firearm under LEOSA with your CBP credentials in your pocket, you are not carrying under the guise of being a CBPO, but instead your creds are acting as a Concealed Carry Permit wherever your located and shows that your are qualified to carry a firearm. One of the tricky points of LEOSA is that you must follow the local laws which may or may not be the same as carry under 24 hour authority.

A Chief and a Sup already went through this and are working.
                                I gave you the official line. You can log into CBP Netsecure and read it yourself. BP had an "ask HQ" question not long ago about LEOSA and off-duty ,non-issued personal firearm concealed carry on CBP credentials and it was thoroughly explained to them. "Your creds"(which are in fact not yours, but CBP's) are to be used only to carry authorized firearms. To do anything else opens one to potential disciplinary action for violating policy.

Apparently they're not following through with disciplinary action in your port or FO on those violations of policy. They still hold the option to do so though, if and when they choose to enforce it.
                                Last edited by merlin436; 05-13-2011, 02:41 PM. Reason: misspelling correction

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8099 users online. 227 members and 7872 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X