300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by merlin436 View Post
    Well...my opinion is you were largely right.

LEOSA offers limited immunity from some state/local laws regarding carriage of firearms. Notice that LEOSA does not provide immunity from federal law/regulation. In short, one can carry most anything he want on his creds and, most likely, avoid being charged state-wise for such carriage.

LEOSA offers no one immunity from CBP(or any agency) policies/discipline with regards to firearms carriage. In short, the agency might gut someone like a fish for violating internal policies while carrying under LEOSA.
    The LEOSA actually mentions "meeting agency regulations" several times in regard to both active and retired LEO carry. The law was never ment to "trump" agency regulations, only restrictive state laws.
    Life is what happens while you are waiting for something better to come along.

Comment

• I got the call this AM. Thanks to this forum for the unparalleled support and useful information. Good luck to all of you. Please check my previous posts for my geo and timeline.
      CBP Officer:
      TO: 01/2009 (LAX/LGB)
      EOD: 05/23/2011

Comment

• Originally posted by dogz777 View Post
        I got the call this AM. Thanks to this forum for the unparalleled support and useful information. Good luck to all of you. Please check my previous posts for my geo and timeline.
        Congrats bro!! best of luck to you!!
        "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

BP Agent GEO: CA, SW Border.
        Written Test: 10/04/10
        NOR: 11/17/10 Passed(84%).
        TSL 1: 11/17/10
        OB: 03/01/11 Passed.
        Med/PTF1: 04/19/11 Passed
        TSL 2: 04/29/11.
        e-QIP: 05/08/11
        BI Interview: 07/26/11
        Drug test: 08/05/11
        Polygraph: 02/08/2012
        CBP Officer GEO: TX, SW Border.
        Written Test: 12/09/10
        NOR: 02/01/11 Passed(84%).
        TSL 1: 06/14/11
        PTF 1: 07/20/11Passed.
        VBT: 09/07/11 Passed

Comment

I got the call this AM. Thanks to this forum for the unparalleled support and useful information. Good luck to all of you. Please check my previous posts for my geo and timeline.
          Congrats! Must be a good feeling! Checked your previous posts for timeline/geo, but would you mind posting your EOD/Academy dates for some of us hopefuls?

Good luck with PFT2 and Academy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post
            Congrats! Must be a good feeling! Checked your previous posts for timeline/geo, but would you mind posting your EOD/Academy dates for some of us hopefuls?

Good luck with PFT2 and Academy!
            hey bolts whats his timeline and geo we might be next still waiting all green checks.

Comment

• Originally posted by *El Famoso 818* View Post
              hey bolts whats his timeline and geo we might be next still waiting all green checks.
              TO: 01/09
              Geo: LAX/Long Beach

We'll see... I'm not too sure how MHC/TSU works, but the calls seem to go out in groups so hopefully this was the first call of many.

Comment

• Hey fellas, i just got my T.O. April 1st. my geo is SWB El Paso. I hadn't heard much for the rest of the month of april but yesterday i got an email to start my Background investigation with e-QIP and just today i got a call to schedule my fitness test. My fitness test is friday, i tried to set it up for a couple of weeks from now because i have finals all this week and next for school but they said it HAD to be done by friday. i wish i had a couple of more weeks to work out too even though i've been hitting the gym 5 days a week since i got my NOR (94) in the middle of January. Im pretty confident i can handle the 20 push-ups and 25 sit-ups but i thought they give you a 2 week notice for all the appointments?? i feel like things are starting to move very quickly now. I spoke to MHC on thurday about my work history and the gentlemen said i had a "great attitude". could this be why everything is moving faster? i guess i just wanted to give you guys an update on my status. thanks for your time guys. Wish me luck!

Comment

• hey all, how long does it take to get the TO? I took the test December 14th, got my results emailed to me about 2 weeks later, I got a 92%....haven't heard back since then.
                  "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."--Edmund Burke

Comment

• Originally posted by Church818 View Post
                    Hey fellas, i just got my T.O. April 1st. my geo is SWB El Paso. I hadn't heard much for the rest of the month of april but yesterday i got an email to start my Background investigation with e-QIP and just today i got a call to schedule my fitness test. My fitness test is friday, i tried to set it up for a couple of weeks from now because i have finals all this week and next for school but they said it HAD to be done by friday. i wish i had a couple of more weeks to work out too even though i've been hitting the gym 5 days a week since i got my NOR (94) in the middle of January. Im pretty confident i can handle the 20 push-ups and 25 sit-ups but i thought they give you a 2 week notice for all the appointments?? i feel like things are starting to move very quickly now. I spoke to MHC on thurday about my work history and the gentlemen said i had a "great attitude". could this be why everything is moving faster? i guess i just wanted to give you guys an update on my status. thanks for your time guys. Wish me luck!
                    Progress through the steps is made when your number comes up, whoever you speak to at MHC has absolutely nothing to do with it...
                    Regarding the time from contact to having something done... it will always be a "hurry up and wait" approach. When they call you for the drug test, you will have 24-48 hrs to show up and pee in the cup. This is a long drawn out process, all these initial steps will come by in a flurry, and then you'll just have to sit and wait like the rest of us.
                    Best of Luck!
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by vtboyarc View Post
                      hey all, how long does it take to get the TO? I took the test December 14th, got my results emailed to me about 2 weeks later, I got a 92%....haven't heard back since then.
                      It will depend on what GEO location you picked and how many people scored higher than you, including those with Vet Pref... Some have waited for over a year to get one!
                      CBPO

Comment

• "sorry quoted wrong post"
                        Last edited by dannyw; 05-10-2011, 08:31 PM.
                        Tested: 8/2008
                        TO: 12/2008
                        GEO: LAX/LB
                        1st TSU: 3/5/09
                        2nd Medical: 6/1/11
                        Cleared 6/22/11
                        2nd BI: met 7/14/11
                        Cleared 9/29/11
                        2nd TSU:
                        Referred to Schedule EOD: 9/23/2011

The Call: 10/24/11
                        EOD: 11/21/11 (LAX)
                        Fletc: 12/30 - 5/7/12

PFT2: 11/4/11 (passed)
                        Final EOD letter: 11/7/11

Comment

congrats.... seems like we took the test around the same time. hopefully ill get lucky and get "the call" soon too. keep us posted on your fletc date and stuff like that. thanks!
                          Tested: 8/2008
                          TO: 12/2008
                          GEO: LAX/LB
                          1st TSU: 3/5/09
                          2nd Medical: 6/1/11
                          Cleared 6/22/11
                          2nd BI: met 7/14/11
                          Cleared 9/29/11
                          2nd TSU:
                          Referred to Schedule EOD: 9/23/2011

The Call: 10/24/11
                          EOD: 11/21/11 (LAX)
                          Fletc: 12/30 - 5/7/12

PFT2: 11/4/11 (passed)
                          Final EOD letter: 11/7/11

Comment

• Originally posted by vtboyarc View Post
                            hey all, how long does it take to get the TO? I took the test December 14th, got my results emailed to me about 2 weeks later, I got a 92%....haven't heard back since then.
                            thats a very good score but it varies my roommate here in the academy also took the test in december for calexico and scored in the high 80s and has not received anything when i got my TO it said be advise not everyone that passes the test receives a TO so i dont know the government doesent make sense they have an open period so people can test but yet they have a **** lot of people waiting to get hired some from 2007 2008 2009 weird.

Comment

• do you have to sign the e-qip paper a second time?
                              i did it 2 years ago
                              do i have to print and mail it again?
                              only my background is pending again at the moment
                              CBPO:
                              WRITTEN: 7/08 Miami
                              NOR: 8/10/08 - 92 GS7
                              T.O.: 2/09
                              GEO - Miami Florida -i hope i can get Ft Lauderdale
                              Pre-employment forms - 2/09 completed
                              Quals - Completed 6/19/09 GS7
                              VBT - 3/24/09 Passed 5/09
                              Medical - 2/09 completed
                              Drug Screen - 2/09 completed
                              Fitness - 2/09 completed
                              BI - Met w. Investigator 4/15/09
                              TSU- 6/24/2009
                              EOD- ??? wish they would call
                              update credit check 4/10
                              new TSU date on CASS 5/21/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by Teppo Oni View Post
                                do you have to sign the e-qip paper a second time?
                                i did it 2 years ago
                                do i have to print and mail it again?
                                only my background is pending again at the moment
                                Read the instructions from the email and while going through eQIP, I can't remember if I had to send those in last November, but be ready for a 2nd BI since yours is 2 years old.
                                CBPO

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11441 users online. 400 members and 11041 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X