300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bi

Background Check on CASS went to "your case is in the security office"... How long before I hear from an Inverstigator? How long is this process? (the background part) I've been in the whole hiring process since 2009, how much longer?

Comment

• Originally posted by castroman59 View Post
      Background Check on CASS went to "your case is in the security office"... How long before I hear from an Inverstigator? How long is this process? (the background part) I've been in the whole hiring process since 2009, how much longer?
      You'll be contacted within a month or two, there's really no timeline as to when they'll contact you for the interview... After that it'll take 3-6 months to fully adjudicate your investigation, with many aspects being unpredictable... How complex your BI is and if you have to do the Poly as well.
      Mine took 2 BI's and almost 4 years to finally clear... so never expect any of these processes to go quick and smooth, if it does then you lucked out.
      CBPO
      Written: 08/29/2007
      EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
        Help!!! My fitness test is Wednesday how many inches is the step test? And how do I prepare?
        http://www.chsmedical.com/dhscbpfitness/cbpo_page.htm

There is a video link at the bottom and at around 11:15 the step test is explained.

Here is the link to the video:

http://seminarsexpress.mediasite.com...ad774a1fdc9f1a

You'll be fine, it isn't that difficult. Good luck.
        Last edited by Bolts56; 05-05-2011, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Anyone ever have to retake the VBT. I know it says its good for 3 years. I'm over that, it's still clear in cass.
          Geo: Illinois
          Test Score: 94
          Quals: GS-7
          T.O.: 8/7/2007
          Referred to Schedule EOD

"Theirs not to make reply, Theirs not to reason why, Theirs but to do and die"

Comment

• Originally posted by BillyHoyle View Post
            Anyone ever have to retake the VBT. I know it says its good for 3 years. I'm over that, it's still clear in cass.
            Mine is also over 3 years and it still says clear...
            CBPO
            Written: 08/29/2007
            EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Bolts56 View Post
              http://www.chsmedical.com/dhscbpfitness/cbpo_page.htm

There is a video link at the bottom and at around 11:15 the step test is explained.

Here is the link to the video:

http://seminarsexpress.mediasite.com...ad774a1fdc9f1a

You'll be fine, it isn't that difficult. Good luck.
              Thanks! Are you a cbpo?

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                You'll be contacted within a month or two, there's really no timeline as to when they'll contact you for the interview... After that it'll take 3-6 months to fully adjudicate your investigation, with many aspects being unpredictable... How complex your BI is and if you have to do the Poly as well.
                Mine took 2 BI's and almost 4 years to finally clear... so never expect any of these processes to go quick and smooth, if it does then you lucked out.
                My CASS changed to in the "security office" last Tuesday. My background investigator called me about half and hour ago. So it took me 9 days to get a call. I'm meeting with him Monday, and he indicated that he wanted to send my case in by then end of next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
                  Thanks! Are you a cbpo?
                  Nope, just an applicant that has been in the process for ~2.5 years.

Comment

• Back from a very productive first day at FLETC. I promised earlier to report back here the makeup of our class in order to give applicants a forecast on the recent hiring. Off the top of my head, most of our class are from San Ysidro/Otay Mesa and the rest have one or two officers who will be stationed in Calexico, El Paso, Laredo, Progreso, Seattle, Atlanta, Saipan (Northern Mariana Islands!), Los Angeles, Maine, and Baltimore. Though more than half are from the SWB, as you can see, hiring is still occurring across the nation. The non-border officers have reported that they are among the first new hires their port have seen in years.

Comment

• Thanks for the updates, Thoughtless. I hope you're enjoy FLETC.
                      TO: 4/09/09
                      Background: Met with BI on 6/18/09
                      TSU: 6/11/09

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
                        Back from a very productive first day at FLETC. I promised earlier to report back here the makeup of our class in order to give applicants a forecast on the recent hiring. Off the top of my head, most of our class are from San Ysidro/Otay Mesa and the rest have one or two officers who will be stationed in Calexico, El Paso, Laredo, Progreso, Seattle, Atlanta, Saipan (Northern Mariana Islands!), Los Angeles, Maine, and Baltimore. Though more than half are from the SWB, as you can see, hiring is still occurring across the nation. The non-border officers have reported that they are among the first new hires their port have seen in years.
                        Thanks for the update Thoughtless. If its not too much trouble, by any chance if you meet a trainee officer that is going for non-border, can you ask them how long was their wait such as timeline, so it gives us that are still waiting an idea how long they waited until they got the call? thanks again, hope training goes well. and hear from you soon!
                        Tested: 8/2008
                        TO: 12/2008
                        GEO: LAX/LB
                        1st TSU: 3/5/09
                        2nd Medical: 6/1/11
                        Cleared 6/22/11
                        2nd BI: met 7/14/11
                        Cleared 9/29/11
                        2nd TSU:
                        Referred to Schedule EOD: 9/23/2011

The Call: 10/24/11
                        EOD: 11/21/11 (LAX)
                        Fletc: 12/30 - 5/7/12

PFT2: 11/4/11 (passed)
                        Final EOD letter: 11/7/11

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtless View Post
                          Back from a very productive first day at FLETC. I promised earlier to report back here the makeup of our class in order to give applicants a forecast on the recent hiring. Off the top of my head, most of our class are from San Ysidro/Otay Mesa and the rest have one or two officers who will be stationed in Calexico, El Paso, Laredo, Progreso, Seattle, Atlanta, Saipan (Northern Mariana Islands!), Los Angeles, Maine, and Baltimore. Though more than half are from the SWB, as you can see, hiring is still occurring across the nation. The non-border officers have reported that they are among the first new hires their port have seen in years.
                          when is the next class coming in and do you guys get O.C in the academy?

Comment

El Famoso,

When did you receive a Tentative Offer (TO) for SYS/Otay/Tecate?
                            My most recent one is from november 2010 i had one from early 09 they send me a form to my email if i was still interested in the job i saw it late and send it in late but they still withdrew my appin Jan 2010 i reapplied in november 16 2010 got TO november 19 2010 if i ever get picked up it will probably be late this year or early next.

Comment

Nope, just an applicant that has been in the process for ~2.5 years.
                              hey bolts whats your time line look like how many checks do u have whats your GEO pref? may this year could be it for us im just stressed out with this process.

Comment

• Originally posted by *El Famoso 818* View Post
                                when is the next class coming in and do you guys get O.C in the academy?
                                O.C. is part of the basic academy training. However, in most cases, it will not be issued to you until you return to your port.

FB

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11895 users online. 496 members and 11399 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X