Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• merlin436----Thanks for the info..

Comment

• So I get a call today from a woman named Natalie from MHC, she told me I have to sign, date and fax the CBPO FCIP form. so that she could finalize my paperwork and send my name to scheduling. So does this mean Ive got the position? I should expect "the call" here soon?

Anyone else had to complete this FCIP form? thanks
      Day one at CBP: Aug 4th, 2008
      Day one at FLETC: Sept 3, 2008 Class 863
      Graduated Dec 18, 2008

Its game on from here....

Comment

• Originally posted by tigers2007 View Post
        So a lot of people are telling me, "20 year retirement? thats awesome..."

Well it doesn't sound like anything special to me
        INS and US Customs Service(not to forget the Unions) fought for over 5 decades so new hires can enjoy the LE recognition and 20 year retirement. If it doesn't sound special to you as a rookie, it does sound special to me and the rest of the 30,000+ officerices within the unified service.
        Last edited by matyoka; 07-09-2008, 12:54 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

• I have a question. First of all let me tell you about my status in the hiring process. I have completed all of the steps in CASS except for the BI. But I got a letter in the mail yesterday saying that they are still waiting for my pre employment forms. I submitted those about a month and a half ago through the mail. But I never submitted it electronically through e-qip. The reason is because I have completed all of the application but when I get to the certify and review page it won't give me an option to submit. I think the reason may be because it says I have an error. But that error is that I haven't provided 10 years of work experience. Well I'm only 21 so I only have 6 years of work experience. Any suggestions on why I can't submit electronically, because I can't reach anyone at the CBP staffing center.

Sorry for the long email!

Comment

• Have you tried emailing them? I did and received a response within a couple hours.

Comment

• Originally posted by grullj View Post
              I have a question. First of all let me tell you about my status in the hiring process. I have completed all of the steps in CASS except for the BI. But I got a letter in the mail yesterday saying that they are still waiting for my pre employment forms. I submitted those about a month and a half ago through the mail. But I never submitted it electronically through e-qip. The reason is because I have completed all of the application but when I get to the certify and review page it won't give me an option to submit. I think the reason may be because it says I have an error. But that error is that I haven't provided 10 years of work experience. Well I'm only 21 so I only have 6 years of work experience. Any suggestions on why I can't submit electronically, because I can't reach anyone at the CBP staffing center.

Hey,
              Try putting unemployed for the 4 years prior and in the description put that you were in school or too young to work or whatever.
              Hope this helps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                So I get a call today from a woman named Natalie from MHC, she told me I have to sign, date and fax the CBPO FCIP form. so that she could finalize my paperwork and send my name to scheduling. So does this mean Ive got the position? I should expect "the call" here soon?

I think that should have been part of your Pre-empolyment forms.

jrq16

Comment

• Originally posted by Dfly123 View Post
                  So I get a call today from a woman named Natalie from MHC, she told me I have to sign, date and fax the CBPO FCIP form. so that she could finalize my paperwork and send my name to scheduling. So does this mean Ive got the position? I should expect "the call" here soon?

I got a call from natalie exactly five weeks ago. I work for tsa so I thought I was fcip but its different with tsa (tsa is almost like not even fed). I had turned in the wrong form and had to resend form b. my paperwork went to scheduling and I've been there ever since. if your location u chose has vacancies then you should expect a call soon. ..
                  "Do you have an appointment?"

-Gupta Rajan

Comment

• Originally posted by grullj View Post
                    I have a question. First of all let me tell you about my status in the hiring process. I have completed all of the steps in CASS except for the BI. But I got a letter in the mail yesterday saying that they are still waiting for my pre employment forms. I submitted those about a month and a half ago through the mail. But I never submitted it electronically through e-qip. The reason is because I have completed all of the application but when I get to the certify and review page it won't give me an option to submit. I think the reason may be because it says I have an error. But that error is that I haven't provided 10 years of work experience. Well I'm only 21 so I only have 6 years of work experience. Any suggestions on why I can't submit electronically, because I can't reach anyone at the CBP staffing center.

What barnaj advised is correct for submitting the electronic SF-86 (e-qip). If all questions are not answered then it will not allow the form to be submitted. Even if it did allow you to submit it incomplete you would still have to answer all of the required questions at your interview and then provide an explanation as to why you failed to follow the directions. Obtaining and providing information asked for but not provided and the reason why it was left off took up most of my time when writing up BIs.
                    But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

For the intelectually challenged: If the government screws the people enough, it is the right and responsibility of the people to revolt and form a new government.

Comment

• Drug screen question for those further through the process:

I have my pre-employment forms and fitness tests marked "passed."
                      Everything else is pending, and I have done the VBT and medical exam like three weeks ago. Is the drug test pretty much the last step in the process, or do they just randomly call you in sometime during the process. A buddy of mine who applied the same week back in January, and has taken all of the steps within days of me has the same date for the drug test as well. Some agencies do the whiz quiz right before the EOD, is CBPO one of them?

Thanks!

Comment

• What does FCIP mean?

Comment

• VT04:
                          I'm not sure how to answer that question, because my drug test was administered the same day of my VBT. I was told right after the VBT to go take the test at that time, or if I couldn't at that moment, I had 24 hrs to show up at the drug testing facility and take it... I'm past my 6 month period since I met with my BI, and I did my drug test about a month and a half prior to that... I wonder if all those test will have to be redone, being that it has taken so damn long for them to clear my BI?...Oh well
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• fcip= federal career internship program

Comment

• Thanks for the information. I applied for CBP officer on March 2008 and in April 2008 I did my VBT in Calexico, California. I was told that I had to do my drug test right away. Maybe it depends on where you go to do your testing. I have cleared everything except for my BI. I applied for Arizona and I heard they need a lot of people here. Maybe the hiring process moves quicker if you apply for a port where they need to hire people.

Comment

• Drug tests occur randomly. There really is no set order to any of the steps after the written exam.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6742 users online. 338 members and 6404 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X