300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by *El Famoso 818* View Post
    bro ive been in the process since February 2007 for SWB u have a long long long JUST BE PATIENT
    SWB - San Diego? Were you put on hold for something? They were doing mass hiring at that period.

Comment

• Originally posted by SDfed619 View Post
      SWB - San Diego? Were you put on hold for something? They were doing mass hiring at that period.
      well **** happens its going to be at least 7 months till 1 year from you initial test till u have most all your checks. background alone takes 3 to 7 months not to mention the rest of the **** **** test medical pft 1 then you get lost in the shuffle **** expires then you will do another of each, and dont think their going to call u asap. then they dont hire watch you will see some people here in the forum can agree with me its not all unicorns and lollipops this **** takes for ever. if for any reason you get withdrawn you cant apply till an open period they only open maybe twice a year. your chances of getting picked up this year or next are slim to none i wish you luck theres alot of people waiting. i had all green checks for about 3 months then my background goes pending the 3rd one this one was a reclear took a month now missing a form send in now waiting lets see what happens i will probably not make it either this year im currently in the border patrol academy but that doesen't mean **** i want to go back to san diego yup i got stationed in arizona. good luck bro keep me posted

Comment

• Nobody should think that this process will be done in a couple months. Prepare for the long haul. If you don't have a job move on with your life and find something else for the time being. when it comes it will happen really quickly and you will have to make a decision. It has been said many of times on this forum, " Don't put your eggs in one basket." it took me three years but I finally made it. This is what was best for me and my family. Good luck to all you.

Comment

• My friend got hired in 8 months from when he got his TO.

Comment

• Originally posted by jfire13 View Post
            Nobody should think that this process will be done in a couple months. Prepare for the long haul. If you don't have a job move on with your life and find something else for the time being. when it comes it will happen really quickly and you will have to make a decision. It has been said many of times on this forum, " Don't put your eggs in one basket." it took me three years but I finally made it. This is what was best for me and my family. Good luck to all you.
            whAts your geo?

Comment

• Originally posted by Daking0fqueens View Post
              My friend got hired in 8 months from when he got his TO.
              Hiring times have everything to do with timing. For instance, my co-worker from my old department applied for Long Beach, CA in 11/2008 and was at the academy in 2/2009. That's a total of a four month wait. I applied for a southwest border location only two months after him in 1/2009, was fully cleared in six months, and I am finally reporting to the academy on Wednesday, 5/4/2011. You do the math. Hiring occurs in waves and perhaps this friend of yours was hired during the surge of late 2008 to early 2009. Not to say it is impossible, but with the state of the economy, average wait times for non-land border locations are reaching out to three years (this goes for some SWB locales as well).

Once you receive your TO, the beginning steps clear one after another and you're rushing from one appointment to the next. This presents the illusion of a fast moving process. Guys/gals have actually postponed vacations/trips, wedding plans, refused other job offers, and other important events thinking they would be at the academy within a year.

The intention of my experience is not meant to discourage anyone. I have been on this board for two years and have witnessed the frustration and angst grow in some members as the wait grows so long it seems like the call will never come. Other members who have been here longer than I have can testify to that. People need to learn from the mistakes we made before they put their lives on hold thinking this is a fast process because they heard/knew someone who was hired in a few months. As others have stated so many times: live your life like you never applied.
              Last edited by Thoughtless; 04-30-2011, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                You have been in the process longer than I have been... I thought I was by far the longest running on the board, and I stand corrected! Lets hope something happens real soon for us... This has been an excruciating process, almost never ending, at least on my part. I'm sure you feel the same way!
                I know exactly how you feel i prey and hope this year could be it. keep me posted bro.

Comment

• Damn might as well keep going to school. Lol

Comment

Damn might as well keep going to school. Lol
                    Not to burst your bubble, or come out as throwing flames at you, but you should just do that. If it is true that you have used cocaine multiple times in the past, then you will not get in. A 1 time use, and more than 10 years since, might even make it possible. For many other agencies anything other than pot is an automatic DQ, so don't hold too much hope on this one. Simply giving you a heads up, as I said... I'm not throwing flames your way, just some advice.
                    CBPO
                    Written: 08/29/2007
                    EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by daking0fqueens View Post
                      my friend got hired in 8 months from when he got his to.
                      all ONE OF 10 lucky ones out of 3000
                      Last edited by *El Famoso 818*; 04-30-2011, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MidnightHeat View Post
                        If you are under 37, and looking to get into Federal Law Enforcement, I would say don't even waste your time with CBP. You will have to go to a four month academy in FLETC and learn everything there is to know about being a real LEO only to go back to your port and be a stamp monkey in a booth. CBP are not LEO's they are inspectors. Looking like a cop and being a cop are two very different things.
                        Veterans that are preference eligible are now exempt from maximum age restrictions. This means if you are VEOA or VRA eligible, the maximum age limit has been eliminated as long as you meet the physical qualifications.

"On July 2, 2008, the Merit Systems Protection Board (Board) issued a final decision in Robert P. Isabella v. Department of State and Office of Personnel Management, 2008 M.S.P.B. 146, that affects preference eligibles who apply for federal positions having a maximum entry-age restriction. The Board decided that the agency's failure to waive the maximum entry-age requirements for Mr. Isabella, a preference eligible veteran, violated his rights under the Veteran Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA) because there was no demonstration that a maximum entry-age was essential to the performance of the position.

Based on the Board's decision in Isabella, qualified preference eligibles may now apply and be considered for vacancies regardless of whether they meet the maximum age requirements identified at 5 U.S.C. 3307. In order to determine whether it must waive a maximum entry-age requirement, an agency must first analyze the affected position to determine whether age is essential to the performance of the position. If the agency decides age is not essential to the position, then it must waive the maximum entry-age requirement for veterans' preference eligible applicants. In instances where the maximum entry-age is waived, the corresponding mandatory retirement age for these individuals will also be higher because it will be reached after 20 years of Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) service for the entitlement to an immediate enhanced annuity.

The same principles set forth above would apply to appointments to other types of positions for which the setting of maximum entry ages are authorized under 5 U.S.C. § 3307. These types of positions are: (1) firefighters, (2) air traffic controllers, (3) United States Park police, (4) nuclear materials couriers, and (5) customs and border patrol officers (subject to the Federal Employees etirement System, 5 U.S.C. § 8401 et seq. only)."

http://www.opm.gov/staffingPortal/Ve...Qualifications
                        GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

• Originally posted by GIOSTORMUSNRET View Post
                          Veterans that are preference eligible are now exempt from maximum age restrictions. This means if you are VEOA or VRA eligible, the maximum age limit has been eliminated as long as you meet the physical qualifications.
                          It's been quite a while since anyone here has discussed this topic (it was covered when the issue came up because of FCIP ending). Why bring out an old post that has nothing to do with the information we already know?
                          CBPO
                          Written: 08/29/2007
                          EOD: July 11, 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by yoda View Post
                            It's been quite a while since anyone here has discussed this topic (it was covered when the issue came up because of FCIP ending). Why bring out an old post that has nothing to do with the information we already know?
                            I brought this up because there are many retired capable military vets that believe they can't go after these jobs because they still list the maximum age in the job postings and don't mention the exception for VEOA VRA preference veterans.
                            GOD IS A NINJA WITH A SNIPER RIFLE, WAITING TO TAKE YOU OUT.

"For weapons training they told me to play DOOM"

Comment

• You're quoting a nearly five-year-old post by a guy who's long left CBP. As I recall, he's not even still in the job he took after he left CBP.

FWIW, in 2006 when that post was made, the CBPO position wasn't a covered position and had no maximum entry age. Equally true, since Isabella was settled in 2008, it's not relevant to postings from 2006.

Comment

whAts your geo?
                                WA Northern Border

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9175 users online. 241 members and 8934 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X